Sponsored

What did you do to your S550 Mustang today?!

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Ouch.

A bad time to find out she can't drive a stick.

Did she at least lay on it to protect a few square feet?
Filing my insurance now. Got about 15-20 large dents and tons of smaller dents. Hood roof trunk. Quarter panel, etc… even where PPF is, so if they have to remove the PPF Itl have to be repaired:replaced but usaa said that it would be reinstalled under the policy.

I am under impression, act of god won’t raise insurance.or shouldn’t raise it much.

I just filed insurance and adjuster will come out. They said they use preferred shops and warranty the repairs for life from usaa. Won’t know details til it’s all done with shop names etc
There’s a shop that has 100 reviews at 5 stars but I don’t know if it’s preferred. Will find out all said done

What would you do? Let usaa use their shops and have a backing warranty to make car new or use a highly rated guy with zero warranty support after
Sponsored

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
There’s a ton….. like. A million little dibits, not big enough to be called dents? But not smooth either

how do they fix that?

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
paintless dent repair. YouTube has some good videos
I had that done in past but even ones that are too small to be called a dent? Just small pelts. Got a lot of those

I’m skeptical they can find everyone of them. But fingers crossed pdr canmake it perfect again

gamecoc430

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium
Had a hail storm hit my Mustang a few years ago. Insurance covered it all. Found a recommended PRD guy, he keet the car for two days, and when I picked it up I could NOT find any thing wrong with the car. Hard to believe, but most o these guys work miracles.

Sponsored

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
We have a rental car, it got hit by hail too, it’s my gf’s we didn’t buy that insurance on it.
Are we responsible? She used debit card so no cc protection.

I’m gonna have to toss mud on it and take it at damn non sunny day ana be like

it was already that way lol. Her Sentra got beat up worst than mustang, cheaper metal I assume

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
We have a rental car, it got hit by hail too, it’s my gf’s we didn’t buy that insurance on it.
Are we responsible? She used debit card so no cc protection.

I’m gonna have to toss mud on it and take it at damn non sunny day ana be like

it was already that way lol. Her Sentra got beat up worst than mustang, cheaper metal I assume
DA FAQ WEREN'T THE CARS IN THE GARAGE!!??

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
DA FAQ WEREN'T THE CARS IN THE GARAGE!!??
she cant drive stick, didn't know it was gonna storm./ I was far away. and idk why she didn't put rental in garage.

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
she cant drive stick, didn't know it was gonna storm./ I was far away. and idk why she didn't put rental in garage.
I mean, cars should always be in the garage. Always.

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
I only keep cars in garage when a tornado is coming, I keep my winter car in there all summer, and summer car all winter.

Sponsored

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
I only keep cars in garage when a tornado is coming,
I've never seen a tornado proof garage. 🤔 I've seen hail the size of a baseball before ... goes right through car windows and petty much totals out cars.

Crowd Hunter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
$hitbox
Do you understand that not having a warranty is a much bigger problem the more fragile something is or the more expensive it is to fix?

I voided the warranty on my pet rock by scratching my initials on it. Can never cost me a cent. No warranty on a BMW, totally different story.

Statistically, no warranty on a BMW will cost much more than no warranty on a Mustang.
If I was a kid without resources or if I lived in an apartment and didn't have a garage, I would agree with you. Since I have a ton of experience fixing and coding and tuning BMWs and am familiar with the things that tend to break on BMWs, I feel like I am better equipped than the average used BMW buyer to identify issues. Even so, I paid to have a local independent shop do an inspection on the car before I bought it, and other than a few little items, the car got a clean bill of health.

As for the "fragile" comment, my experience has been pretty good with BMWs, with the exception of a faulty steering wheel lock on my e60 m5, but that was evidently caused by parking the car on a steep hill.

I think it all comes down to buying toys that you can afford and that make you happy. Right now, I'm 52. This car makes me happy. A simple piggy-back JB4 tuner will give me close to 700 rwhp. The Bang & Olufsen audio rattles my brain. The Merino leather on the seats, doors, dash, and console are better than anything I've ever had in a car. I'm just glad I didn't have to pay the $104k MSRP that the original owner paid.

Take it easy and keep the shiny side up! 😊😊😊

Matthewstorm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
Filing my insurance now. Got about 15-20 large dents and tons of smaller dents. Hood roof trunk. Quarter panel, etc… even where PPF is, so if they have to remove the PPF Itl have to be repaired:replaced but usaa said that it would be reinstalled under the policy.

I am under impression, act of god won’t raise insurance.or shouldn’t raise it much.

I just filed insurance and adjuster will come out. They said they use preferred shops and warranty the repairs for life from usaa. Won’t know details til it’s all done with shop names etc
There’s a shop that has 100 reviews at 5 stars but I don’t know if it’s preferred. Will find out all said done

What would you do? Let usaa use their shops and have a backing warranty to make car new or use a highly rated guy with zero warranty support after
I've had USAA for 30 years. Use their shop. I know in my area USAA shops are top tier.

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
I've had USAA for 30 years. Use their shop. I know in my area USAA shops are top tier.
thats what Im going to do. I trust usaa, 10 years with them havnt steered me wrong. isn't the cheapest insurance but they take care of me. just hope my rates dont go up.

I was in that accident awhile back, and the other insurance was at fault, (driving gf's car) but im using my own insurances Med pay, 25k policy to cover my bills til I settle with geico. hope that isn't considered a claim on my record. it says not at fault on the usaa claim center, but they are still paying out, and will be reimbursed from geico so I dont think it'll impact me. but dont like seeing 2 claims open at all.

that & hail
Sponsored