Sponsored

What did you do to your S550 Mustang today?!

redtrack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1 10AT
INJEN3.jpg
INJEN2.JPG
INJEN1.jpg

Install my Injen ! nice design!

Shawn2018GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 401A Auto
So.... How hard is it going to be? Please tell me there aren't going to be mounting holes from that emblem.
There are 4 plastic mounting posts going thru 4 holes in the panel. To take it off, remove the panel and grind down the posts, and it will pop off.

Dare2goBare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP Ruby Red Metallic
I'll jump in here for a minute lol
X pipes are more raspy and high pitched on high rpms. H pipes are more muscle car, but can still get high pitched on high rpms without the resonator.
A resonator delete is louder, but not to crazy. There's actually a video already on YouTube that measures db's with an h pipe. An x will be slightly louder. Might be a video with an x too. Some people switch to x pipes only to switch back to h and vice versa. Just a matter of preference.
No welding. Just cut and clamp.
I went h pipe but wasn't loud enough for me so I changed to a full catback with an x.
Yes a Very Subjective topic.for sure... lol..lol.. I Started with the resonator delete Roush X pipe, just recently changed out to the Steeds H, running stock axle backs. Like the more muscle sound of the H. Tomorrow Ruby gets Borla S Type Axle backs installed.
So looking forward to hearing the difference. :muscle:

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
Finally started the track season! I didn't get as many runs in as I would have liked as I was pretty busy with my coaching duties but here's a quick clip.

Although a little rusty the car performed well considering how many things have been changed on the car in the long off-season! There are some things to button up which I will do in the couple weeks until the next one.

Sponsored

compprep

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
19 GT PP1,1986 SVO, 2020 Ridgeline(SOLD!)
Good to hear, but did you check the fit of the upper little part next to the glovebox? I could bet my house it's not flush with the upper long dash piece where the gauges are. I had to install a small screw to the tab that holds the metal clip of the upper part of the small piece, and after some trial and error, left it perfectly aligned again. There's no way that flimsy piece of plastic didn't deform if you pulled on that part. I actually didn't pull until the clip dislodged; pulled until I had enough space to insert a thin trim tool and not damage it even more. Curious what you find. That part should be solidly seated against the back of the dash, with no gap, meaning you shouldn't be able to push on it and it moving.
Yes the little small piece is actually a little further back at the top left where it meets the top long piece. With all the other poorly aligned parts on the car, (back seats in center top are much different height left vs right, and drivers door gap at latch side, etc, etc) I'll learn to live with it.

myblkshadow19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 ford mustang
Vehicle Showcase
didn't take any pic yet, installed redline tunings hood struts and got rid of the single prop rod, also did the roush rear valance aerofoil pieces and then did some controversial drake auto group front dive plane canards, like the look so i did it anyway. as always personal taste/choice.

frank s

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.fsheff.com
First Name
frank
Vehicle(s)
Stang '19 Magnetic, EcoBoost™, Vert, MagneRide® PP
Vehicle Showcase
Changed the Earl. In case anyone didn't know, Costco has Mobil1 full synth 5w-20. Comes in 6-quart cases.
Did you know if you bearl and earster in Earl, you'll spearl the poil?

Added extra bonus: What kind of noise annoys an oyster? A noisy noise annoys an oyster.

You're welcome, I'm sure.

frank s

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.fsheff.com
First Name
frank
Vehicle(s)
Stang '19 Magnetic, EcoBoost™, Vert, MagneRide® PP
Vehicle Showcase
Left over from last Thursday/Friday:

Can you hear the difference between the old horn ('19) and new horn ('18)? I think it was worth the change.

Sponsored

Rinzler

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Good to hear, but did you check the fit of the upper little part next to the glovebox? I could bet my house it's not flush with the upper long dash piece where the gauges are. I had to install a small screw to the tab that holds the metal clip of the upper part of the small piece, and after some trial and error, left it perfectly aligned again. There's no way that flimsy piece of plastic didn't deform if you pulled on that part. I actually didn't pull until the clip dislodged; pulled until I had enough space to insert a thin trim tool and not damage it even more. Curious what you find. That part should be solidly seated against the back of the dash, with no gap, meaning you shouldn't be able to push on it and it moving.

Oh, and I changed the guts of the gauges into mine, so they look just like they came from the factory that way, since the housing and bezel are the factory ones from my car. And they worked, thankfully. So thank you again for posting that eBay ad :).

Looks great indeed. But may I ask you if it's a genuine Ford item, or an aftermarket one? If Ford, how much did you pay, and from who? It looks like it'd fit my Bullitt just fine. I don't like the one it has now; at least the GT ones have an extra brace. Mine is plain as hell. Thanks man.
Aftermarket from Ikon Motorsports

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Not a glamour shot, just a random in the sun... LOL

Washed it... looking good for a 24/7/365 driver on the East Coast... approaching 39k too on original PZeros at that......
6FCD98B4-750F-4AA6-AB05-C3F52FAEDF86.jpeg
Sponsored