Sponsored

What did you do to your S550 Mustang today?!

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
Finally finished my car's new home. Now I gotta get to the list of mods before the track season gets started.
20191221_171526.jpg

And as always, a how-to:

Sponsored

lacanteen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2022 EB premium vert, 2013 Escape, 2017 F150 SC5.0
That's the plan, but they are over an hour away, so it will have to wait a couple of weeks.

Handle.jpg
Have you tried removing the lock cover and reinstalling? It may not be fully snapped on. Also, as @Mikthehun1 said above any Ford or Lincoln dealer can handle a warranty

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Looks like the piece you take off to use the backup metal key stored in the fob. Since its supposed to be removable, I would take it off and see if someone just didn't put it on right or if an easy DIY fix is possible. May be very unlikely but some dealer visits result in scratches, dent and even totaled cars.

Blufc3s

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stew
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang Premium GT PP1, 2003 BMW Z4 3.0 Manual
Vehicle Showcase
Installed my WMG short shifter and manual shift boot/bezel. I purchased the short version which requires removing 1” off the shaft. Very easy install.
689074B0-DFD6-4522-A654-3CD00622D0BF.jpeg
Very satisfied with the look and feel. This is the way the automatic should have come from the factory.
I assume you mean the MGW shifter. If so, are you pleased with the short shifter? Thinking about buying one but can’t decide which length to get.

Echo4papa

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium Coupe
Have you tried removing the lock cover and reinstalling? It may not be fully snapped on. Also, as @Mikthehun1 said above any Ford or Lincoln dealer can handle a warranty
First thing I tried. Then I took the one off of my wife's car and swapped them thinking maybe the cover was defective. It mounts the same with her cover on my car, and mine mounts normally on hers. Off to the local Ford dealer I shall go after Christmas.

Sponsored

Echo4papa

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium Coupe
I assume you mean the MGW shifter. If so, are you pleased with the short shifter? Thinking about buying one but can’t decide which length to get.
WMG is White Madness Garage I think. I like the look of their short shifter but wasn't thrilled with the idea of having to cut an inch off the shaft. I need to maintain all the length I've got!

Deleted member 35775

well.... after a year of personal debate about racing/no racing stripes, i went with diamond white stripes with diamond red trim. my setup was inspired by the stripe configuration on a picture of a 2020 Kona Blue GT500. the close up pictures show the metal flakes embedded in the white and red stripe material. i'm very happy with the outcome and the extra 68 HP (i picked up from the stripes) might come in handy one day. :)
stripes_passenger.jpg
stripes_front.jpg
stripes_rear.jpg
stripes_top.jpg
stripes_close_up.jpg

Pero

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pero
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Fastback Ingot Silver MT82 MagneRide B&O
How did you handle the roof stripes round the antenna?
Did you cut them out or remove the antenna and stick them under it?

Deleted member 35775

How did you handle the roof stripes round the antenna?
Did you cut them out or remove the antenna and stick them under it?
i had them installed by a custom detail shop and they cut around the antenna.

Sponsored

Decanes

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium Magnetic Metallic PP1 Magneride 401A manual Roush stage 2
Went to dealership to see nothing has been done to my Mustang since 12/2/2019 might get it back in time to enjoy this summer

86pagt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dale
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT
WMG is White Madness Garage I think. I like the look of their short shifter but wasn't thrilled with the idea of having to cut an inch off the shaft. I need to maintain all the length I've got!
correct White Madness. I was a little hesitant to make the cut but once knowing I would be able to go back to OEM if needed made it an easier decision. I used 1” masking tape, a tubing cutter to start with and finished off with a hacksaw blade very easy to do. I haven’t seen the normal length version in person so I can’t compare but I like how this turned out. Now I’m just waiting for my ruby red knob.
Sponsored