Sponsored

What did you do to your S550 Mustang today?!

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
Well, yesterday I took my lovely wife out to a really nice anniversary dinner out on the bay.
20170801_205032.jpg
20170801_225213.jpg
Sponsored

kenbert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Lightning Blue
Vehicle Showcase
Looks killer!
I got my truck done last year with Cquartz Finestand it looks amazing! It pops and always looks bright, even when dirty, which it doesn't really get dirty much. And the truck is white. Looks amazing.
I use RELOAD on the truck after every other wash to help with the maintain of the Cquartz Finest.
The job wasn't cheap, but it's a professional job and it takes A LOT of time. Auto Weekly Magazine called the shop where I brought my truck one of the top 9 in the U.S.

Nice car!

Thank you my friend! Yes, it took about 5 days. Totally not a quick thing. Sucked to be away from car for so long. I was torn between Cquartz and Ceramic Pro for awhile before seeing a friend's car done with ceramic pro and it was decided! I'm sure both would be crazy shiny and protected just the same!

Evil Minion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GTI
Did a few little things to it over the past few days:
- Cut off 4 of the cylinders
- Added a turbo
- Added a second clutch
- Added another row of doors
- Killed all the rattling panels
- Converted it to FWD
- Stretched out the cargo area to about 5 times the previous size
- Added an "I" to the end of the GT badge

:p Got tired of the excessive weight of the car and missed my go-kart hatchbacks too much. The GT was a blast and a freight train in power, but it's time to move on to the next toy, 2015 VW GTI Autobahn.

Thanks to everyone on here who have helped me over the years, it's been fun! I'm sure I'll see some of you guys at the Indy Cars & Coffee

HISSMAN

Large Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White GT/PP Premium
Well, yesterday I took my lovely wife out to a really nice anniversary dinner out on the bay.
I did the same thing yesterday evening. My wife is 8 months preggers and it was the first time she has squeezed into the Recaro seat since the baby bump appeared. Her Mom is in from Dallas for the next three months living in a spare room, so we finally had a date night away from the other kids. :cheers:

markbento

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 S550 V6 Drop top
Face Lift

Added some custom work made them with a friend that dose it on the side so one of a kind, what do you guys think? it was just plain ingot silver before this

Sponsored

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Mustang GT Premium+ PP 6spd
Sigh. Still in search of the rear "thunk" sound on the RH side. Pulled the sub frame, suspension out for the second day in the row trying different things and I still hear it. Now I'm wondering if it's the suspension or maybe the exhaust, but I can't see how the exhaust would be hitting the body. All I know is there is a loud thunk-in-the-trunk when hitting bumps going 25+mph. Going to mount a gopro underneath this evening and see if I can't see/hear it better. Otherwise, booty-licious.
sdfsddsfs.jpg

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
I did the same thing yesterday evening. My wife is 8 months preggers and it was the first time she has squeezed into the Recaro seat since the baby bump appeared. Her Mom is in from Dallas for the next three months living in a spare room, so we finally had a date night away from the other kids. :cheers:
Nice!!! Congratulations!

So i brought the baby home in the mustang and my wife got up close and personal with the back seat (I forgot why we didnt take the other car). Anyhoo, great experience and congrats again on you and your new family member!

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
Sigh. Still in search of the rear "thunk" sound on the RH side. Pulled the sub frame, suspension out for the second day in the row trying different things and I still hear it. Now I'm wondering if it's the suspension or maybe the exhaust, but I can't see how the exhaust would be hitting the body. All I know is there is a loud thunk-in-the-trunk when hitting bumps going 25+mph. Going to mount a gopro underneath this evening and see if I can't see/hear it better. Otherwise, booty-licious.
Are you running super wide rear wheels by chance?

Had something similar happen in one of my other cars and it turned out to be that the tire was hitting an inner fender well.

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Are you running super wide rear wheels by chance?

Had something similar happen in one of my other cars and it turned out to be that the tire was hitting an inner fender well.
Nope. Only running a 275 in the rear. It's only coming from the RH rear side, or at least it sounds like it. It's been like that since I've installed coil-overs, so quite some time. Just getting to hunting it down because it's actually bothering me now.

I pulled the strut off to make sure it wasn't blown. Checked the strut mount to make sure it wasn't broke. Dropped the RH subframe, reset the spring and adjustable isolator, and re-torqued all the bolts with req. spec. Maybe I still didn't get the isolator seated tight enough and when the car bounces up, when it comes back down on the isolator it is making the sound?

Asharus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Angelo
Vehicle(s)
2018 Challenger Scat Pack
its shocks in the rear, not struts

Sponsored

HISSMAN

Large Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nope. Only running a 275 in the rear. It's only coming from the RH rear side, or at least it sounds like it. It's been like that since I've installed coil-overs, so quite some time. Just getting to hunting it down because it's actually bothering me now.

I pulled the strut off to make sure it wasn't blown. Checked the strut mount to make sure it wasn't broke. Dropped the RH subframe, reset the spring and adjustable isolator, and re-torqued all the bolts with req. spec. Maybe I still didn't get the isolator seated tight enough and when the car bounces up, when it comes back down on the isolator it is making the sound?

I've missed this somehow, but what is an adjustable spring isolator? I wouldn't think that if the spring is installed right, anything between it and the frame would be loose. If you jack the car up is the spring loose? It should be very tight, even when unloaded.

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
I've missed this somehow, but what is an adjustable spring isolator? I wouldn't think that if the spring is installed right, anything between it and the frame would be loose. If you jack the car up is the spring loose? It should be very tight, even when unloaded.

Isolator sits above the spring on the rear which allows the adjustment. The BC-BR rears are not a one piece.

E-32-BR-2.jpg

HISSMAN

Large Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isolator sits above the spring on the rear which allows the adjustment. The BC-BR rears are not a one piece.

E-32-BR-2.jpg
Ah. I see now. If the springs are the right length though, I don't see how it would be loose enough to cause a bang that you are hearing. There should be a lot of pressure forcing both sides of the spring and isolators against the subframe and chassis.
Sponsored