Sponsored

What did you do to your S550 Mustang today?!

Joelang33

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
Race Red Whippled 16 Mustang GT Premium PP
So this happened :D
R888s.jpg
Sponsored

sk8erord

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium Performance Pack
So.....did you?? Check my build....wet sand, Polish and polish..then CQuartz UK unbelievable finish! Check my video

You will never regret it!!
I'd be nervous about doing it myself, but waiting either way until my house is finished - then I'll have a garage (only 2 more weeks!).

usgiorgi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6 Z06
Not today, but dropped my car off at the dealer on Friday. Trunk was hitting the tail lights and rear bumper even after adjusting the stops all the way out. The trunk near the decklid also has corrosion. Looks just like how some of the hoods do.

No loaner car, no word of what the steps will be.

I had planned to supercharge the car in a year or so, but after all the problems including the TB replacement, I'm not keeping it past 36k miles. Gonna go back to Japanese cars where I've had more luck.

ponie1992

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red PP GT
*sigh*

Last year, I had the evaporator core replaced at Ford of Orange under warranty (which has been common for 15-16 models). After I got the car back, someone pointed out to me that my front marker lights would light up when I braked. I took it back to Ford of Orange and after two weeks, they came back and said the BCM was fried and that my LED turn signals caused "an over-voltage scenario that shorted the BCM". The Service Manager refused to talk to me, and said she was going to "talk to the other dealers in the area" to "make sure they know" that I "caused the problem" and that she "sees Mustangs come in all the time with this exact problem".

It took me $590 to get car back as-is, including the rental car, and in February I took it to Galpin Ford for a second opinion. Unfortunately Ford of Orange's notes were in the system, and Ford corporate continued to deny the warranty. It cost another $1200 to get it fixed.

Suffice to say, nobody I've talked to so far or have read online has had LED turn signals "fry" the BCM... certainly not to the degree where a dealer would see it "all the time". It's worth noting, though it's only fodder for conspiracy theorists, that had the BCM been fixed under warranty, I would have surpassed the required number of cumulative days in warranty repair to qualify for the California lemon law. based on all the other problems I've had since I bought the car. Now I'm past the 18-month limit and stuck with the car.
I just can't see any LED causing an over-voltage. Voltage is voltage, it should not change. Using Ohms law, if resistance drops, current will rise. Voltage stays the same. So, that's why some type of resistance is built into high quality LEDs. This ensures current stays the same. Now, would a supposed "over-voltage" cause a short? Uh.... no. Over-current.... possibly yes. I can use a 16 gauge wire for 12v, 24v, 120v AC.... doesn't matter. Too much current is what causes heat and can burn things up. With all this said, they fed you full of crap and flagged you within their network. That's total BS! Plus, if they followed the rules correctly, they would have to prove the LEDs caused the issue. That would mean they would have to recreate this "over-voltage". I'd like to see that lol. To me, it simply sounds like they don't know what caused it and came up with an excuse so they wouldn't have to perform the warranty repair. They make no money on warranty repairs and some dealers try everything they can to avoid them.

Anyway, sorry about your luck on that. That sucks for sure.

Asharus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Angelo
Vehicle(s)
2018 Challenger Scat Pack

Sponsored

JDVisualz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shadow Black Mustang GT Premium/PP
MGW Shifter going in today.

413420104.jpg

Weasel1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
Made an appointment for window tint. Tomorrow at noon.

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Mustang GT Premium+ PP 6spd
I got creep'ed on at C&C this weekend.
IMG_1594.JPG
IMG_1737.JPG

plc268

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium Race Red
Finally put e85 in my car. Car felt strong with e85 in it. Just need to do some more datalogging.

Also, I finally ordered Ridetech coilovers.

Sponsored

GTP

Deutsche Pony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.BambergAudio.com
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10 Outrageous Orange HPDE mods
2nd oil change at 11% / 18,000 miles with 5W/20 Amsoil.
Made a DIY filter funnel out of a large plastic drink cup.
Cleaned air filter and box, cleaned and rotated wheels, cleaned brakes with DUB.

JDVisualz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shadow Black Mustang GT Premium/PP
Finished product. MGW X-Spec Short Handle shifter with my custom Raceseng Ashiko knob. Man shifting is smooth on this..should've upgraded a long time ago. The knob makes a difference also being heavy as it is..nice grip also.
D828A5E9-1902-4A7E-9EDC-3B4EF6213880.jpg

mikeD4V

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT
Also, thought I'd share this. :lol:
The Toyota FRS and Subaru BRZ are essentially the same car, both companies developed it. There are more subtle trim differences in trim but the main difference is the FRS is rwd and the BRZ is awd. Those things are super fun to drive, they're like big go carts.
Sponsored