Sponsored

What did you do to your S550 Mustang today?!

Dirtyblueshirt

Award Winning Taste™
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger Lariat Tremor
This is what I've been working on for quite some time now. Finally done.... I think.

I love the LED turn signal replacements... but due to my experiences, that's something I need to avoid :( :mad: :kickrock:
Sponsored

Southview

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Herby
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Convertible
Simple to do. I used 3M painters tape and newspaper to mask off around the pony. Applied five thin coats of Duplicolor vinyl spray paint and removed masking when dry. Took all of 45 minutes to do.
Duplicolor custom wrap? Gloss?

Dirtyblueshirt

Award Winning Taste™
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
Do tell lol
*sigh*

Last year, I had the evaporator core replaced at Ford of Orange under warranty (which has been common for 15-16 models). After I got the car back, someone pointed out to me that my front marker lights would light up when I braked. I took it back to Ford of Orange and after two weeks, they came back and said the BCM was fried and that my LED turn signals caused "an over-voltage scenario that shorted the BCM". The Service Manager refused to talk to me, and said she was going to "talk to the other dealers in the area" to "make sure they know" that I "caused the problem" and that she "sees Mustangs come in all the time with this exact problem".

It took me $590 to get car back as-is, including the rental car, and in February I took it to Galpin Ford for a second opinion. Unfortunately Ford of Orange's notes were in the system, and Ford corporate continued to deny the warranty. It cost another $1200 to get it fixed.

Suffice to say, nobody I've talked to so far or have read online has had LED turn signals "fry" the BCM... certainly not to the degree where a dealer would see it "all the time". It's worth noting, though it's only fodder for conspiracy theorists, that had the BCM been fixed under warranty, I would have surpassed the required number of cumulative days in warranty repair to qualify for the California lemon law. based on all the other problems I've had since I bought the car. Now I'm past the 18-month limit and stuck with the car.

Sponsored

Weasel1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Mustang GT Premium+ PP 6spd
My brother brought down a 2013 GT500 from his dealership today. I took it for a spin and can honestly say, I like my car better. It might be a bit faster but I don't know. I wasn't as taken by it as I always thought I would be. And if anyone is looking for one LMK. This has 5k on it and they want 46k for it. I took it for a nice little spins on straights and turns. I was surprised at how stiff it was but did not drive it like I do my S550. Now on the straight I took it to the top of 3rd which was 130 and that thing gets there extremely quick.
IMG_1726.JPG

Xavier

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
I love the base wheels on the 13/14 GT500. I think all of the GT500s had some fantastically designed wheels. I just wish they weren't so damn heavy, otherwise I would've bought a set to put on my car.

Voo Doo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ric
Vehicle(s)
2019 BULLITT DHG
Finally installed the vinyl flags I bought nearly 8 months ago... crappy pic, I know...
20170616_215530.jpg

And that pic shows me how bad I need to detail/paint correct/ceramic coat the car. :frusty:
So.....did you?? Check my build....wet sand, Polish and polish..then CQuartz UK unbelievable finish! Check my video

You will never regret it!!

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Mustang GT Premium+ PP 6spd
I love the base wheels on the 13/14 GT500. I think all of the GT500s had some fantastically designed wheels. I just wish they weren't so damn heavy, otherwise I would've bought a set to put on my car.
Ya. Those actually remind me of the 5 stars that will be available for the 2018.

Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Suffice to say, nobody I've talked to so far or have read online has had LED turn signals "fry" the BCM.
There has been at least one lengthy thread about this. In it Ford claims the BCM sees a fault every time the off-spec LED light is used and after x number, basically assumes it (the BCM) is faulty and more or less kills itself.

Not saying I'm buying the story just paraphrasing what I recall.

Dirtyblueshirt

Award Winning Taste™
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
There has been at least one lengthy thread about this. In it Ford claims the BCM sees a fault every time the off-spec LED light is used and after x number, basically assumes it (the BCM) is faulty and more or less kills itself.

Not saying I'm buying the story just paraphrasing what I recall.
That thread is about my car. I’m not getting into that debate again.

HISSMAN

Large Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White GT/PP Premium
I stripped the CF wrap off of the tower brace because it didn't play well with the heat. Now it is painted and turned out pretty good.
STB.jpg

car

Car
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT550 2018
I stripped the CF wrap off of the tower brace because it didn't play well with the heat. Now it is painted and turned out pretty good.
Doesn't that LOOK good!:thumbsup:
Sponsored