Sponsored

What did you do to your S550 Mustang today?!

AmericanLegend

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium w/ PP

Removed factory exhaust and cut-off resonator. Waiting on delivery of J&M X-Pipe and Borla S-Types for install. Will post pics and video upon completion.
You'll love that combo!! Nice and aggressive when accelerating hard. Moderate V8 rumble when driving normally. Zero drone.
Sponsored

JuRuKi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/PP

vernonator

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT w/PP - Race Red
some pics of the progress, haven't been keeping up posting the upgrades. heres a few pics of some of the new goodies:

Dyed the stitching red and went with red Boots for the interior:
So how did you dye the stitching? That looks really good, inquiring minds need to know!!!

Chef jpd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1 6M, Grab ass lime. Ex: 2016 EB PPP CO
Vehicle Showcase
Last edited:

Moddiction

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
So how did you dye the stitching? That looks really good, inquiring minds need to know!!!
Fabric market pens work for that. You can pick them up at Michaels or similar stores.

Sponsored

ranger56528

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2016 V6 Race Red. Black 95 GTS. 98 Red base v6.
Installing the C&L CAI that just showed up at my door step.

ASarsano

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium 5.0
Nice mods!
I have a question about the 350GT shift knob. Is that normal wear for that item? I ordered one but would hate to install it if its gonna wear like that.
thanks.
nope i had used too strong a thread lock (red) and couldn't get it off to do the boot swap. i ended up having to clamp on the knob to break the tread lock. ended up messing up the finish on the knob and i replaced it with a new knob. expensive lesson learned. new knob was installed last week pics were just taken before swapping the knob.

ASarsano

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium 5.0
Reactions: car

Ugly John

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Ruby Red GT PP
Get rid of the sound tube, they said. It'll be fun and easy, they said. :headbonk: Absolutely couldn't get any of my tools onto the nut, so I ripped it off. Ain't no way that is EVER going back on! Took some doing, but, finally got my fat arms snaked in to insert the plug.

And, since I had the engine bay tore apart, I went ahead and dipped the coolant tank.

And then made a trip to the auto parts store for a gallon of antifreeze because I forgot to pinch the lines closed before I masked off the engine...:eek:

And hosed out the garage floor too.

And....put the PP wheels and tires back on before I go autocrossing this weekend.
Boomba.jpg
coolant tank.jpg

NHMustang

Live Free and Drive
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Get rid of the sound tube, they said. It'll be fun and easy, they said. :headbonk: Absolutely couldn't get any of my tools onto the nut, so I ripped it off. Ain't no way that is EVER going back on! Took some doing, but, finally got my fat arms snaked in to insert the plug.

And, since I had the engine bay tore apart, I went ahead and dipped the coolant tank.

And then made a trip to the auto parts store for a gallon of antifreeze because I forgot to pinch the lines closed before I masked off the engine...:eek:

And hosed out the garage floor too.

And....put the PP wheels and tires back on before I go autocrossing this weekend.
Pretty sure I never saw "fun and easy" in reference to taking the sound tube out :lol:

It took me an hour , laying on the engine, with my hand moving the tiny ratchet one click at a time to get that mf'er nut off! Hand kept cramping up.:rant:

Sponsored

Beef

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 S550 GT
Finally finished the BMR cradle lockout kit, steeda diff bushings (black), steeda ultralite linear springs. Still have to install my tri-ax sometime.

Results.. Amazing ride. This combo works perfect. No noise, squeaks or additional NVH. And wheel hop?? I can't make it do it. I tried everyway that I could, and not once did it hop. These pics are right after I set it off of the jack stands. So it may still settle a bit.

LMK your results after you get your alignment done..... My dealer said they weren't able to get it right... just curious to see what luck you have with this.

Rickycardo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT auto
Flushed the brake fluid, replaced with Motul RBF 600. Bled the system, did a 4 wheel alignment, torqued the wheels and balanced the tire pressures. Almost ready for my first track day.

Cardinal Fan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium PP Magnetic Metallic
A better pic with more contrast that I took this morning at work with my phone. Also of note, it's going on three weeks since I polished her up with Liquid glass. I've not laid a hand on it but one time about a week ago with a duster and detail spray on the front cover to get some bug guts off. Still shiny...But dirty as hell.

How many coats of Liquid Glass did you put on? Looks good! :thumbsup: