Sponsored

What did you do to your S550 Mustang today?!

frank_white

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Convertible, Velocity Blue
Did you remove the bumper to remove the emblem or did you do it on the car?
Rear emblem was a piece of cake. Front I taped off close to the pony. When I went to remove the excess I went slow. It was a pain and took some time but I eventually got it all without marring the pony. Just had to get the little amount that was on the black plastic outline of it
Sponsored

JohnnyGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'20 Mustang GT, '17 Expedition, '04 LS430
@EmCel

You really had the best view all day...my ass is fat and glorious. šŸ˜‚

MANDARK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16>GT Base>Magnetic>PP
Tried out a new hex mesh with the grill insert. Didnā€™t like it, I should have gone with the thicker gauge option.
9CCC3684-8989-4E02-AE7F-0EA9FD53A78B.jpeg

Also pulled the dumb blind spot mirrors to swap them with these convex mirrors that have a better FOV. No more dumb built in mini blind spot helper.
5778D824-5187-4C79-AC12-484B30A9FAAD.jpeg

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
Also pulled the dumb blind spot mirrors to swap them with these convex mirrors that have a better FOV. No more dumb built in mini blind spot helper.
5778D824-5187-4C79-AC12-484B30A9FAAD.jpeg
Details of the mod? Was it just a swap of the glass?

Sponsored

MANDARK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16>GT Base>Magnetic>PP
Details of the mod? Was it just a swap of the glass?
Yeah you just have to pull the oem glass off, itā€™s held on by a few tabs in the back. I did it with a flathead screwdriver and a rag to make sure I didnā€™t scuff anything. Once I pried 3 of the holding tabs I held it in place, then wedged the screwdriver in the gap that it created and twisted. It popped right off with a little pull. Gotta be careful at that point Iā€™ve seen a few install videos where the installer breaks the oem mirrors. There are a few install videos. Look for Suma s550 mirror install.

Depending on what model you have there might be some wires youā€™ll have to unhook. I have the poverty version 300a base so no wires for me.

The new glass will pop right on.

- Glair Reduction
- Blue tint

Dislike
- pricey for a simple pair of mirrors (yay capitalism)
- the backing isnā€™t as clean as oem, thereā€™s no trim border on the new glass.

overall 3.5/5 because Iā€™m very particular about random shit.

JohnnyGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'20 Mustang GT, '17 Expedition, '04 LS430
I put some convex mirrors in a few weeks ago. Still trying to get used the to the view.

It's a simple swap. Just need to find the mounting tabs and release the clips with a flathead.

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
Finally washed it and took it for a night drive in prep for some maintenance & upgrades happening this week.
20211009_210005.jpg

20211009_212157.jpg

Sponsored

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
Yes - they are standard euro spec :like:

WD :like:
Would truly be nice if Ford would do that here in the states. OTOH, I've seen peeps driving down the road with it on. On the older Volvos, the bulb would melt the lens if left on long enough.

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
And while I was driving home I saw this crazy woman driving this car that looked like she just hit someone and kept driving. Well finally her car started smoking

449D6BD5-C27B-4370-9192-78D19C0BBF20.gif
We see that quit often in TX. Not sure what peeps are thinking.

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
@EmCel, I'm serious. It is a daily happening on our highways. TX has a plethora of "Buy here, pay here" dealerships that sell to the less fortunate that cannot get normal financing. Many are not legal citizens of our country. One can obtain insurance on a monthly pay with little down. Or, someone else that has ins is the straw purchaser. This is why we are saddled with the number of hit and run accidents we have. The majority of these ppl simply leave the cars abandoned.

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
Many Walmarts have auto ins agents now. This is the predominant one. https://fredloya.com/
Worse, those that can't afford ins still drive. With or w/o a license also.

EmCel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Em
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt
@EmCel, I'm serious. It is a daily happening on our highways. TX has a plethora of "Buy here, pay here" dealerships that sell to the less fortunate that cannot get normal financing. Many are not legal citizens of our country. One can obtain insurance on a monthly pay with little down. Or, someone else that has ins is the straw purchaser. This is why we are saddled with the number of hit and run accidents we have. The majority of these ppl simply leave the cars abandoned.
šŸ¤”.... ok so that's where all the action is happening. When we see shit like this here it's like whoaaaaa :)
Sponsored