Sponsored

What did you do to your S550 Mustang today?!

Tang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT PP
Drove to work and 10 minutes in I get a service advancetrac notification and ABS light goes on. 5 minutes later I get the wrench notification engine sounding weird sluggish has trouble over 3k rpm limped to work and unplugged the battery

At lunch reconnected negative terminal got service advancetrac notification, abs light, and hill start assist unavailable. Drove around 5 minutes everything went away. Turned off, ate lunch, restarted and no more lights

Gotta clean the battery terminals AGAIN tons of green and white powder screwing with the connection
Sponsored

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
right, but that's just marketing jargon. 18+ cars are DI, and whatever minor "dilution" from Port-FI might occur is extremely minor at best. coking up valve backside is the more "relevant" concern.
I will say the oil collected is really great looking. The weeds seem to like it too. So basically you're just prolonging the need for a walnut blast. Should have put one on my Mini.

GTP

Deutsche Pony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.BambergAudio.com
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10 Outrageous Orange HPDE mods
Today I converted my never used Gorilla lug socket into a strut top nut tool.

Took me about 100 minutes as an unpaid tool grinder. Again, clearly I have too much time on my hands.

20210908_144600.jpg

20210908_144616.jpg

Last edited:

thundertorque

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium PP; 1991 Chevrolet Camaro RS 305 V8 TBI
Drove to work and 10 minutes in I get a service advancetrac notification and ABS light goes on. 5 minutes later I get the wrench notification engine sounding weird sluggish has trouble over 3k rpm limped to work and unplugged the battery

At lunch reconnected negative terminal got service advancetrac notification, abs light, and hill start assist unavailable. Drove around 5 minutes everything went away. Turned off, ate lunch, restarted and no more lights

Gotta clean the battery terminals AGAIN tons of green and white powder screwing with the connection
I was curious if you had copper terminal connections. The copper reacts when electricity passes through it and creates copper sulphate, the white power we see at the terminals. Try changing the terminal connections to a non-copper metal and that should stop the acid build up unless you have a battery problem.

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
Found it.

Your 2018-2021 GT Mustang has a PCV (Positive Crankcase Ventilation) system that directs the pressure from the crankcase vents back into the intake system. This, unfortunately, allows oil vapors to also pass through and collect in the intake tube, which can result in dilution of your gas and decrease the octane in your fuel, which can affect your Mustang's performance.
Excellent description of my ex wife ..................... :crackup: She suffered from extreme blowback. :facepalm::bow:

Sponsored

Tang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT PP
Exact same sequence (service advancetrac > check engine) happened on the drive home so I dropped it off for service not optimistic about it

decableguy2000

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Vehicle(s)
2016 CO GT PP, 2020 VB GT PP
Walking around the different events at Mustang Week and thinking how vanilla my car is.

Konamoth

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Base
Today I converted my never used Gorilla lug socket into a strut top nut tool.

Took me about 100 minutes as an unpaid tool grinder. Again, clearly I have too much time on my hands.

20210908_144600.jpg

20210908_144616.jpg
What'd you do, just chop the end off and weld a spare bit onto it? I'd like to do this, hah. It's such a pain to juggle the tool and the sockets.

Konamoth

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Base
Not today (again...) but threw on a set of wheel spacers to fill out the fenders proper. 25mm in the front, 23mm in rear. No rubbing, no added ride harshness—while it's likely placebo, it does feel a bit more planted. Admittedly, this is for looks alone though.

Pics!

Before:
PXL_20210827_231754300.jpg

After:
PXL_20210827_231746335.jpg
PXL_20210828_140356452.jpg
PXL_20210908_113930307.jpg

It's just covered in morning dew in this last pic—I'm not negligent, hah.

Sponsored

GTP

Deutsche Pony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.BambergAudio.com
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10 Outrageous Orange HPDE mods
What'd you do, just chop the end off and weld a spare bit onto it? I'd like to do this, hah. It's such a pain to juggle the tool and the sockets.
No, it was a very attractive socket from Gorilla that never made sense to me. It's a 6point female deep socket with 6point male hex and 3/8 square drive. Who wants a 3/8 drive to torque lugs to > 120#? And what's the point of the 21mm male hex if I can just put the 21mm directly onto the lug?

20210908_194303.jpg

Last edited:

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
They're the kind of cars that you expect to turn the key and go A to B to C and back every day. No character, no quirks, super boring and not great at making the act of driving fun at all. They are more efficient and practical for more people and that's where they shine. Took my wife's car in for service a few years ago when I had my Mini Cooper and they tried to get me to trade it for something on their lot. My reply was "Honda doesn't make a car that can out perform my current one." Couple month ago same thing happened with the mustang and I told them the same thing. My wife and her parents are all about Honda and they've all been treated very well by their products, just not for me.
I disagree, Honda is an engine company that just happens to make cars, and they've made some really fun engines. From the F20C in the S2000, to the K20 in the Civic Si, there's a lot of fun, character filled experiences to be had. Even the V6 lines like the J30 and such are well made and fun to wind out.

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
This is the first I've ever seen people claim about blow-by being an influence on HP. The reason to capture is to keep the intake and the valves clean, nothing to do with "power" as such.
Oil vapors getting sucked into the intake manifold are not accounted for, and as such can influence the A/F ratio, which in turn can influence HP. The effect is probably minimum, but it's there.

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
I disagree, Honda is an engine company that just happens to make cars, and they've made some really fun engines. From the F20C in the S2000, to the K20 in the Civic Si, there's a lot of fun, character filled experiences to be had. Even the V6 lines like the J30 and such are well made and fun to wind out.
Agree to disagree. No S2000 and especially no civic si or otherwise can compare to my modified Mini or the Coyote. My test drive of a 2018 si had me looking for a book to read while to the floor in 2nd gear. The S2000 my brother had was fun enough but still not the same level. I do agree with the engine part and they obviously do well enough on race tracks.
Sponsored