Sponsored

What did you do to your S550 Mustang today?!

freudianfloyd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
What's up with all the chain saws?
Several things honestly...
1. I live on a farm and have several dying ash trees
2. I buy them broken cheap and fix them up and resale them as a hobby. I probably sold 40 or more last summer alone.
3. They are probably the coolest of all tools, they are loud, scary, and dangerous, can't get a manlier tool than that. :captain:
4. I just like tinkering on them, it gives me something to do in the shop that doesn't cost much and makes me a little spending money.
5. Since I can't justify spending money on new ones, I keep the ones I like and sell the ones I don't. Most of the saws on the saw wall are pro saws, that I have no money in because I sell the homeowner saws for a profit and keep the good ones. Several are not pictured.
Sponsored

freudianfloyd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
Went to Koon SilverSpring to shove some wheels into @WCGT brand new car.
I asked if I could fire up the 351 sitting in the show room. Or take it for a spin. They declined. I wasn't permitted to sit in it either but peering thru the window like some 5yr old it seemed the backseat was an honest one.

2021-05-10 19.32.43.jpg
2021-05-10 19.32.17.jpg

I didn't realize but Ford GT (blue car you can see in the background) only use a 235/45/18 front wheel. 6-figure race car only has tires as wide as an Ecoboost Mustang? And they were GY Eagle F1 at that.

This is my dad's numbers matching '71 Mach 1 with a 351 Cleveland 4v. He has had the car for 40 years now. For years they didn't get any respect as a collectible but they are starting to become classics.
Mach 1.jpg

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
This is my dad's numbers matching '71 Mach 1 with a 351 Cleveland 4v. He has had the car for 40 years now. For years they didn't get any respect as a collectible but they are starting to become classics.
Mach 1.jpg
I don't know why people always hated these, they were always my favorite, even as a kid. That wedge shape is just so muscular and awesome.

freudianfloyd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
I don't know why people always hated these, they were always my favorite, even as a kid. That wedge shape is just so muscular and awesome.
Long, bloated, and when looking at the HP ratings compared to years before, weak. Honestly, I think if it wasn't named a Mustang, it would have been popular and sporty, but coming after the 1969 and 1970 body style (by far my favorite), it was a big change that many people felt wasn't a pony car anymore.

Last edited:

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Long, bloated, and when looking at the HP ratings compared to years before, slow. Honestly, I think if it wasn't named a Mustang, it would have been popular and sporty, but coming after the 1969 and 1970 body style (by far my favorite), it was a big change that many people felt wasn't a pony car anymore.
Makes sense. I wasn't around when those cars were new, my first real exposure was seeing the original "Gone in 60 Seconds" when I was a kid. Probably helped hype it up in my mind, lol. I mean don't get me wrong, I love the previous Fastback style too. But the wedge is just cool.

Sponsored

freudianfloyd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
Makes sense. I wasn't around when those cars were new, my first real exposure was seeing the original "Gone in 60 Seconds" when I was a kid. Probably helped hype it up in my mind, lol. I mean don't get me wrong, I love the previous Fastback style too. But the wedge is just cool.
I agree. When I was a kid, I always called my dad's car KITT because it reminded me of Knight Rider.

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
Finally squeezed it into the garage. I'm not sure I like it in there with kids going in and out and only having a foot or so on each side to squeeze past, but I want it to stay clean for atleast 1 day.
20210510_203536.jpg
Ya got two options;

Ditch some of the crap in your garage. Re-arrange, create space.

Ditch the kids.

freudianfloyd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
Ya got two options;

Ditch some of the crap in your garage. Re-arrange, create space.

Ditch the kids.
If only there was "crap" to ditch. I had to get rid of a bunch just to get this much room.

Thesauerchise

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
2016 Kia Optima, 2021 Mach 1
The 71-73’s are rising in value really quick over the last 3 years… @RIBS would like this one.

That looks like a nice example too. Is it owned by the Dealership or for sale?
my father is the original owner of a 71 Mach 1, 429 CJ. He talks about selling it and while I think he’s joking, and I’ve already told him point blank I will make an offer, the rising values are scaring the crap out of me. Luckily I got a year or two before he retires.

Sponsored

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
If only there was "crap" to ditch. I had to get rid of a bunch just to get this much room.
Priorities.

And every thing on the right wall (tool chests, etc.), could be crammed onto the left wall (in my mind), creating a ton more space.

freudianfloyd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
Priorities.

And every thing on the right wall (tool chests, etc.), could be crammed onto the left wall (in my mind), creating a ton more space.
Considering this is a working shop, I can't really cram anything anywhere else and keep it usable. This is only half my garage in this picture. The other side has more tools, more tool boxes, and my motorcycle.

I k ow these are first world problems. I'm just happy I was able to pull it in at all honestly.

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Lol reminds me that I never showed anyone my riding buddy. :sunglasses:

20200805_174659.jpg
I am 30 now, but squirtle was my jam. Still dig em. I tossed them on and the stickers made me chuckle. wonder if any kids will notice them as I drive around or other adults
Sponsored