Sponsored

What did you do to your S550 Mustang today?!

Dr. Norts

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red Mustang GT
Installed license plate bracket. Almost got killed (and the car almost got buggered up!).

Was on the ground working a Stow-N-Show install when this happened:

016479e7d6af9f0bc41f360a332e3dd86b18d266c5.jpg

The front of the car was right where the top box is. I was laying on the black mat with my head toward the tool boxes. As I was installing I could hear some *tink* - *tink* - *tink* sounds. I thought it was just my ears acting up and was not really paying too much attention. Then I heard the first of the drawers sliding out as the bottom box started to collapse! Now mind you, the car is inches away from the tool boxes. I managed to swing around and grab the bottom box in a bear hug and used my face to keep the top box from slipping all the way off the bottom and having it all crash onto me and the car!

So there I am, a lap full of heavy tools, my face pressed up against the top box trying to keep it from crashing, and no one for miles. Even if anyone was around to hear, the actual act of screaming would have sent it all crashing down. Oy! It took a good 15 minutes for me to get things stabilized. It was hairy to say the least! I was able to finagle the old floor lamp in place to sort of prop everything up. I also used a big box that has a new rag top in it (that I want to sell BTW, fits a 2014) to shore things up.

After I stabilized things I was then able to quickly jump in the car an pull it out of the way. As I pulled away it all came skittering down! You can see the top box was a bit tweaked, the bottom roller is trash. (You can also see the big box from the top in this shot.)

01a9cea2990480488497d0273efcee09b02dbc65f3.jpg

Post mortem showed the front wheels just folded over. Everything was tight. The drawers were all closed. The sheet metal on the bottom just gave out. That was the *tink* sound I was hearing.

Who would have thought a license plate bracket install would be so scary!
Man your very lucky that could have gone double sideways in a hurry.

I blame the chinesium metal the toolbox was made from!
Sponsored

Outlawtorn

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Russ
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1
What do you do for the dirty snow and ice accumulation? Or is that only for sunny states.

Im in New Zealand... In saying that we do get snow but not every year. We get plenty of rain in Winter and dripping water off the cars just sits on the surface and evaporates.

• It is extremely durable and withstands wheel and foot traffic
  • Provides great thermal and acoustic insulation for the garage and reduces cold drafts from the garage into the home
  • Easy to clean – as simple as running the vacuum cleaner over it
  • It is waterproof so doesn’t smell or rot
  • Reduces dust and dirt tracking into the home from the garage
  • Non-slip making it safer than concrete of tiles when wet

S550_Newbie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kelly
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1
Lots of new Steeda parts arrived today.

Ultralight Jacking rails and Extreme G Trac K Brace installed. jacking rails took about 15 minutes but the K-brace was not quite as easy as it didn't align very well and was a little tricky to get installed. I think if it aligned perfectly like the video it would have taken about 15-20 minutes tops. Lightly tested out the brace afterwards and it made a huge difference in the feel of the steering.

This weekend will start the rear IRS subframe alignment and bushing support kit as well as a new X-pipe and progressive sport lowering springs.
It's been 3.5 years on just a tune and CAI ... had to get the suspension and exhaust started... time to get busy!
That extreme G-Trac brace is a PITA. I called Steeda to make sure it fits the 2020 and they said, yeah, it's a PITA but its designed to be super tight so it works.

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
That extreme G-Trac brace is a PITA. I called Steeda to make sure it fits the 2020 and they said, yeah, it's a PITA but its designed to be super tight so it works.
Had the same experience lol. Ask Adam from Steeda. I'm not a newb around a garage either.

Sponsored

Decanes

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium Magnetic Metallic PP1 Magneride 401A manual Roush stage 2
She looks very clean.. Most I could do today was to take mine for a spin..been sitting for 10 days.

FA75182E-9F75-48C1-A66E-65C601918A24.jpeg

74A7EA9D-84BE-454B-8D06-5000ED212C22.jpeg
Love the PLATE
If there is a nice day anytime soon will take it out but tires suck in cold weather lol
What type of flooring is that? I have looked at a bunch online and wanting to put something down but not sure what works good

1 old racer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2018 Royal Crimson GT PP1 prem., and others
Vehicle Showcase
Had the same experience lol. Ask Adam from Steeda. I'm not a newb around a garage either.
I will be installing mine tomorrow evening. I just did a quick test fit, and it looked like a great fit. Then my daughter stopped by and thus interrupted the job. So I will let you guys know how it goes, and I promise I definitely know my way around a garage, tools and a car. I am looking forward to the most difficult part is getting under the car and then back up after I am finished,

kiksbutt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Lots of new Steeda parts arrived today.

Ultralight Jacking rails and Extreme G Trac K Brace installed. jacking rails took about 15 minutes but the K-brace was not quite as easy as it didn't align very well and was a little tricky to get installed. I think if it aligned perfectly like the video it would have taken about 15-20 minutes tops. Lightly tested out the brace afterwards and it made a huge difference in the feel of the steering.

This weekend will start the rear IRS subframe alignment and bushing support kit as well as a new X-pipe and progressive sport lowering springs.
It's been 3.5 years on just a tune and CAI ... had to get the suspension and exhaust started... time to get busy!
Report back if any of the mods add NVH

Interceptor

Daily Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 California Special A10
Cleaned it
IMG_6917.jpg
up and put it up for winter
After the falling tool box in earlier post ... well I see a big screen just waiting to fall of that shelf onto your car.

Oryx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Report back if any of the mods add NVH
Hoping the X pipe adds two of the three (N,H) I can do without the vibration! On a serious note I really don't expect much based on others reports, but if something turns up I will

Sponsored

Oryx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
I hear you ... I'm not a professional mechanic by any means, but I have performed all of my own maintenance and the majority of all repairs on my cars. The procedure is about as straight forward as it gets ... the trick is getting it all to align (on Jack stands without 12" between the ground and the car!)

I will be installing mine tomorrow evening. I just did a quick test fit, and it looked like a great fit. Then my daughter stopped by and thus interrupted the job. So I will let you guys know how it goes, and I promise I definitely know my way around a garage, tools and a car. I am looking forward to the most difficult part is getting under the car and then back up after I am finished,
If yours lines right up the job shouldn't take more than 15 minutes. I did run into the cut out metal pieces inside the outer tubes where the holes were punched. Just need to bend them all the way in and pry them with a screw diver and they pop right off.... otherwise you can't slide the spacers into place. Beware the nuts that come with the kit are designed to bite into the bolts to keep from coming loose and are not the easiest to just thread all the way on. Similar to a Nylock but more aggressive. On your back with limited space things get fun.

I hear you about getting back up! Worth the effort though.... night and day results

Last edited:

S550_Newbie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kelly
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1
It's just a really tight fit but it is designed that way. No magic to it, just getting the bolts lined up and torqued to spec, and of course mine being a 2020 did not have the welded nuts from the factory which would have been nice.
Sponsored