Sponsored

What did you do to your S550 Mustang today?!

hemistar1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2, 2017 F-150
Love the PLATE
If there is a nice day anytime soon will take it out but tires suck in cold weather lol
What type of flooring is that? I have looked at a bunch online and wanting to put something down but not sure what works good
Yes the factory Michelin cup 2s are great in good weather but no bueno for the winter. I switched to some Cooper all seasons. I dont plan on driving when it’s snowing but the Cooper tires are great.

The flooring is off brand garage flooring tiles I got from:

https://www.rubberflooringinc.com/garage-tiles.html

It was real easy to install. Just snap them in place. No tools needed.
Sponsored

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP

S550_Newbie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kelly
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1
Yes the factory Michelin cup 2s are great in good weather but no bueno for the winter. I switched to some Cooper all seasons. I dont plan on driving when it’s snowing but the Cooper tires are great.

I heard somewhere that Ford doesn't even put the PS4S tires on at the factory in Detroit because they get so hard in the cold weather they cannot do the tests on each car manufactured and even driving up a ramp is problematic, they ship them out that way however.

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
It's just a really tight fit but it is designed that way. No magic to it, just getting the bolts lined up and torqued to spec, and of course mine being a 2020 did not have the welded nuts from the factory which would have been nice.
I put the Steeda X-brace on my 2015. The first one I got would not go on no matter what I did ... one of the mounting bolts out of the 4 was way too far off, and would not go in. Sent it back to Steeda and got another X-brace which fit perfectly. So apparently they are not all coming out of production the same. Bad thing is I waited a long time to put the brace on, and had to pay for return shipping (which wasn't cheap) before getting the replacement. So my advice to anyone putting on the X-brace to do it soon after receiving it in case it needs to be sent back for a replacement that works.

Sponsored

Decanes

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium Magnetic Metallic PP1 Magneride 401A manual Roush stage 2

Thanks that's going to be my winter project

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
Prepped for a track day at Buttonwillow and picked up another one of these bad boys.
20201203_153220.jpg

Nawsad123

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bonez
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Hey everyone. Meet my 2017 Coyote 'Pegasus' Pushing about 640rwhp this season on about 9lbs of boost

List of Mods:
- Vortech Supercharger with Race max blow off valve
- 8 rib drive belt upgrade
- Ford performance Gt350 intake manifold
- 1000cc fuel injectors
- coyote billet oil pump gears
- American Racing headers
-Magnaflow street cat back exhaust
- carbon fiber driveshaft upgrade
- Steeda stop the hop kit

Car will be heading to the shop for some Comp Cams before year end

Looking for some guidance on how to break the 8-900 rwhp mark without doing a build as im running out of options!
D32ED3D7-91C9-42A9-8F0E-0931E00BC0AB.jpeg
8784D5BB-4827-4019-BF05-5928A52199CB.jpeg
C710962C-46B4-44D2-8E42-C3571024A9AB.jpeg

Oryx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
I put the Steeda X-brace on my 2015. The first one I got would not go on no matter what I did ... one of the mounting bolts out of the 4 was way too far off, and would not go in. Sent it back to Steeda and got another X-brace which fit perfectly. So apparently they are not all coming out of production the same. Bad thing is I waited a long time to put the brace on, and had to pay for return shipping (which wasn't cheap) before getting the replacement. So my advice to anyone putting on the X-brace to do it soon after receiving it in case it needs to be sent back for a replacement that works.
I was thinking about it and was also wondering if it's not just the subframe that moves out of alignment. I mean that's partially the whole reason the brace helps stiffen things up and it wasn't that far off. I would bet that Steeda builds them in a fixture to align everything.

Just a thought... I should have tried driving it again and trying to reinstall to see if it makes a difference.

Sponsored

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
I was thinking about it and was also wondering if it's not just the subframe that moves out of alignment. I mean that's partially the whole reason the brace helps stiffen things up and it wasn't that far off. I would bet that Steeda builds them in a fixture to align everything.

Just a thought... I should have tried driving it again and trying to reinstall to see if it makes a difference.
Well, the 2nd X-brace fit perfectly ... I didn't have to force anything. The first one wouldn't go on no matter how much I tried to get the last threaded bolt (on the front of the brace) started in the threaded holes in the subframe. My GT only had 2500 miles on it when I installed the X-brace, and wasn't driven hard.

Steeda surely has a weld up fabrication fixture, but I told them they needed to check the fit on the fixture after it was welded up and cooled back down to room temperature. If they did that, they would have found the one I got was way off.

compprep

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
19 GT PP1,1986 SVO, 2020 Ridgeline(SOLD!)
It's just a really tight fit but it is designed that way. No magic to it, just getting the bolts lined up and torqued to spec,
Yes. I had mine kinda tight, no nut's on bolts, it dropped out and hit me in the head. Fun times! Seems a little tighter, or course I put it away for winter a few days later. Gonna be another long winter.

bknight21

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brayden
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT Premium a10
Vehicle Showcase
I had a local shop install the Steeda H pipe today. The car sounds awesome and I am honestly amazed that it can be so loud and sound so good in track mode while at the same time remain so quiet in quiet mode.

Decanes

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium Magnetic Metallic PP1 Magneride 401A manual Roush stage 2
I had a local shop install the Steeda H pipe today. The car sounds awesome and I am honestly amazed that it can be so loud and sound so good in track mode while at the same time remain so quiet in quiet mode.
I have the same thing its amazing
Sponsored