Sponsored

What did you do to your S550 Mustang today?!

samd1351

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 1999 Ranger
Drove it! Took it and the Camaro to get the windows tinted. I made the appointment about a 10 days ago. I specifically said I wanted to get both cars done. The camaro with 35% ceramic, and I wasn't sure on the 'stang. Got there, and only got the Camaro done. "Sorry for the confusion, we thought you weren't sure on the Mustang" :lipssealed: :curse: :angry:
Sponsored

Tang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT PP
Went to have new tires mounted on a square setup and the spacers I bought didn't fit over the hub by like a millimeter so I went to get other spacers. While I was gone he put the wheels on and of course it rubbed . So I brought the spacers and he put those on but they were only like 2mm and it still rubbed. So tomorrow have to go pickup the old spacers return them for 5mm or greater I guess, then back to the tire shop what a hassle this has been. Hoping its worth it for ps4s 275/40/19 square

wade001

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wade
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Prem. 10r80, PP1, 401A, Active Exhaust
Went to have new tires mounted on a square setup and the spacers I bought didn't fit over the hub by like a millimeter so I went to get other spacers. While I was gone he put the wheels on and of course it rubbed . So I brought the spacers and he put those on but they were only like 2mm and it still rubbed. So tomorrow have to go pickup the old spacers return them for 5mm or greater I guess, then back to the tire shop what a hassle this has been. Hoping its worth it for ps4s 275/40/19 square
are you doing PP1 rear rim setup on all 4 corners?

ive read it on this forum before.. dont quote me.. i think it was 8mm min for the stock front studs to not hit the backside of the rim without drilling out a bit of the existing wheel pocket. of course if you're changing out studs you wont have a problem.. but then i think you'll need at min a 5mm spacer for the rear rim to clear the brembos..

again, im trying to go off memory, cause i cant find the post right now.. bit it is here.. somewhere.. i swear! ;)

good luck!

Sponsored

Sponsored

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT/A 301A 5.0
Steeda Drag springs, STH kit, Jacking rails, H pipe, & Gt350 Axles.
20200611_141307.jpg

Blufc3s

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stew
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang Premium GT PP1, 2003 BMW Z4 3.0 Manual
Vehicle Showcase
Topped up my battery with distilled water today. I didn’t realize our batteries weren’t “maintenance free” until I read it in a thread on this site.
One cell had the acid not quite covering the plate.

Flimflamman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT A10 & 301A
Vehicle Showcase
Did my first oil change at 2,850 miles with Pennzoil Platinum. Found an interesting mark from the factory QC process on my steering rack in the process. I also tested my 2020 Explorer spare and put it in the trunk. It won't clear the front brakes even on a non-PP but it's pretty much identical in diameter to the stock wheels so it will run on the rear without any issues with the diff.

Also, if anyone changes their own oil, I found a pretty nice trick to removing the drain plug without fighting with the stupid tabs. Just get a radio din key from an older Ford, mine was for a Taurus radio. You can easily spread both tabs at the same time with zero effort.
Nifty idea for removing the plug! I bought a spare plug from the dealer in case I broke mine. I was fully prepared to do so, but when I applied pressure while turning it, the tabs flexed enough to take it off without breaking. Got lucky I guess. But going to remember your trick for future reference.

I also remember reading about slowly and gently taking it out so the oil won't come gushing out. That worked with great success. I laid out a bunch of cardboard just in case there was a catastrophe. lol