Vehicle Showcase

SheepDog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dax
Vehicle(s)
Iconic Silver 2022 MACH 1 HP
Swapped the Tremec 3160 fluid for Redline D4 ATF. I wasn't expecting much, but was pleasantly surprised. Occasionally I would get a little random gear nibble, but this fluid totally got rid of it. Perfectly smooth shifts every time now.
10/10 would recommend

I also replaced the diff fluid with Amsoil 75-110. I just reached 5,000 miles and the fluid was quite dark. Something to consider for preventive maintenance for those of you who are anal about this kind of stuff - like me.

SheepDog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dax
Vehicle(s)
What did you expect - I mean, why did you decide to change it? And do you run the stock shifter?
I am considering doing the same thing, but I have very particular reasons :D.
The viscosity of the Redline fluid is slightly higher than the Motorcraft LV fluid. As with anything else on modern vehicles (even higher performance models) the manufacturers objectives are 1) make it last until the warranty period expires, and 2) contribute to overall fleet emissions standards.

I changed it as well as the rear diff fluid with higher viscosity alternatives because I want greater protection and additional dissipation of shock loading, considering the more than 2x power increase from the blower.

I do not have an aftermarket shifter, I like the OEM unit just fine. I did replace the Shifter on my 2017 (MT-82) with an MGW unit which did make a big difference in shift quality, but that is because the MT-82 is a delivery truck transmission

fast306stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 M1HP6MT
MT-82 is a delivery truck transmission
I'm thrilled everytime I drive my Mach, compared to the 18 PP1 and 20 PP2 prior that had the MT84-D4. Worlds better. I'm gonna make some notes incase one day I decide to swap fluids like you did.

Last edited:

Sponsored

SheepDog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dax
Vehicle(s)
I'm thrilled everytime I drive my Mach, compared to the 18 PP1 and 20 PP2 prior that had the MT84-D4. Worlds better. I'm gonna make some noted incase one day I decide to swap fluids like you did.
Even if you stick with the OEM stuff, it's good practice to swap them out after 5-6k miles to get rid of all the break-in schmeg. There's alot of micro metal shavings in the fluid from initial marrying of surfaces.

fast306stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 M1HP6MT
Even if you stick with the OEM stuff, it's good practice to swap them out after 5-6k miles to get rid of all the break-in schmeg. There's alot of micro metal shavings in the fluid from initial marrying of surfaces.
That's actually a strong point. I have an oil change coming up, might be a good time to knock it out.

murick

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2021 Euro Mach 1
The viscosity of the Redline fluid is slightly higher than the Motorcraft LV fluid.
This is one reason I am looking at doing the change. I witnessed the leakage of the OEM fluid and it was so thin almost waterlike that we were not sure first what was leaking :). It did not inspire confidence either.

The second reason is I recently replaced the OEM shifter by MGW and the shifting became quite "raw", so hoping to smooth it out a bit.

The third reason is I had the complete refill done already very early, but the shop which did it turned out to be quite clueless, so I have no confidence what did they put in and how much.

Now reaching 10k km looks like a good time for try.

IanKar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ian
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Mustang Mach1 HP A10; 22 Shelby GT500 HP
Added some more PPF with vinyl wrap to my rear fenders. Already had some small chips and marks from stone damage-track related. So added this to hide and continue the protection. Wish I did PPF from the get go and wouldn't need the vinyl. The matt vinyl matches the center hood sticker.

IMG_6983.jpg

IMG_6985.jpg

Sponsored

SheepDog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dax
Vehicle(s)
I saw this too, on an email from Carfax. I think the larger question is, why would the brake fluid be depleted? If there is a leak, we have larger issues than a level sensor not reporting, and would be felt in the pedal

JetGray_Mach1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 (HP)
Hi folks, I figured I would post an update on the CARB certification for Whipple for our Mach 1s (Year 22-23).

1698874520366.png

JetGray_Mach1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 (HP)
I saw this too, on an email from Carfax. I think the larger question is, why would the brake fluid be depleted? If there is a leak, we have larger issues than a level sensor not reporting, and would be felt in the pedal
Agreed but this is for the potential of a leak developing and the low brake fluid light would never come on. Most people don't look for signs like we do and don't check fluids. They just drive them and maintain them like crap. lol

JetGray_Mach1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 (HP)