Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
@Lorne34 @matthewr87 Not only did my oldest kid (now 20) have friends in high school that didn't know how to drive a manual, but these kids had never even seen one! Like, would get in his car and be like "bro, wtf are you doing to your car?" Dead serious.
i've heard similar stories as well. If Vinyl LP's hadn't made a comeback they wouldn't have had a clue in that dept either... unless their parents hung unto theirs.
Sponsored

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Weellll, shit. Now I wanna play and be proud like you guys!! Both of my kids are car nuts. Funny story though, my son (the oldest) is a total car guy, but he likes his car and fancy stuff. I would not label him a full fledged gear head. Daughter on the other hand…full blown gear head. Here she is installing my 500 valve covers for me. We must go to every race in town (Indy, NHRA, Petit LeMans, etc etc). She’s looking for her first job at @Discount Tire She wants to go to one of these high performance technical colleges and wants to ultimately end up on a fancy race team some day. Sorry for the picture flood, but, you guys started it :giggle:

Oh…and at 15 she can already shred it up pretty good. Did most of the driving at this years Mountain Run!

IMG_8260.png

IMG_8256.png

IMG_7294.png

IMG_8254.png

IMG_7262.png

DE18DA42-03F2-4D8B-8280-FE52AC95CBE4.png

71485810058__3A13C750-6EC5-4466-BE22-E10FDD5B3F5A.png

IMG_5995.png
Great Pics! Good to hear from you.... That Mountain Run was epic!

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
I am 24, never owned a manual car before the Shelby. Took a lesson from an instructor here in town and about 6 weeks later I'm driving the GT350R home 😂 Uhh, I was a little nervous

Can thank my father for the car enthusiasm gene. I got a few friends who are into cars and drive manuals too. But driving a manual is hard when we're all eating avocado toast and drinking $10 lattes while driving
It's the #1 deterrent to texting or anything on your cell phone and driving. You have to be engaged.. at least on the street.
My first manual was a 1981 Datsun 210 hatchback that my buddy test drove for me. I bought it without even knowing how to drive one. My house was about 6 miles down on the same road as dealership.. ended up driving it home in 1st and 2nd gear. Lets just say the gearing was not as tall as the shelby's :giggle:
Within a week I had it down and it turned out to be one of those life altering decisions. I am so glad I was able to drive manual at a young age.

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks Lorne! I had this personal plate for my first two Shelby's until I went with Collector plates, and was surprised it was still available. It was nice to pull up the cover to put it on, but it made it tough to put it back down and not drive it. The roads are still white with salt, and today its going to be 63. WTF. Tomorrow it will snow, and they will dump the winters allotment of salt down.
Anyone who is "bored" with their weather should move to WI.
69 on Tuesday, 16 degrees and -1 wind chill on Wednesday morning!
We're almost there Keith!....

NPTR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT350R HEP
Agreed on manual preventing distracted driving - one of the reasons even my truck is stick! Also one of the many reasons these things will hold their value. We’re all in possession of a magical beast that is about to go extinct - a privilege and an honor!

Sponsored

TeamGomez

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.centripetalsolutions.com
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'18 350, 996 GT-3, 330 ZHP, E46 M3, SQ5, Tundra
After decades of my head under a hood, came across a nice LED hood option from Home Depot. LiteStix from Bendpak. Mag mountable (on steel hoods lol) or clamp on with a padded light bar. Maybe not a direct 350 mod/repair, but it certainly will facilitate all future work on all these ponies!
IMG_0640.jpeg
IMG_0642.jpeg
IMG_0643.jpeg

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
After decades of my head under a hood, came across a nice LED hood option from Home Depot. LiteStix from Bendpak. Mag mountable (on steel hoods lol) or clamp on with a padded light bar. Maybe not a direct 350 mod/repair, but it certainly will facilitate all future work on all these ponies!
IMG_0640.jpeg
IMG_0642.jpeg
IMG_0643.jpeg
I have something similar really helps with under the hood work. Even in a fairly well lit garage this helps a ton.

526 HRSE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Grabber Blue
Vehicle Showcase
Love this - and I can relate...My 2 year old daughter screams "MORE FAST" from the back seat in my car. I obviously don't push it with her in the car, but a little stomp on the gas to rock her around and she goes absolutely bonkers...she also prefers the windows down and music playing...future problem on my hands haha!
Your two year old daughter and I sound a lot alike.

Sponsored

wingnutt

Threads
Reaction score
MN, FL, WI, MO, KY, TN, CO, TX, CA, WA, TX again
First Name
michael
Vehicle(s)
350R avalanche gray
What’s the best diy thread? I feel like the Ford engineers intentionally designed the fastening mechanisms to drive a man to drink…
well then, May I suggest a bottle of Colonel Taylors? If that’s hard to find then Bulleit Bourbon always goes well with car stuffs 😎

cause I found no thread…should have made one, but didn’t wanna 😂

its actually pretty straightforward…but I pulled my entire undertray off to do an oil change, pressure wash and bolt check while I was down there 😉

TeamGomez

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.centripetalsolutions.com
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'18 350, 996 GT-3, 330 ZHP, E46 M3, SQ5, Tundra
well then, May I suggest a bottle of Colonel Taylors? If that’s hard to find then Bulleit Bourbon always goes well with car stuffs 😎

cause I found no thread…should have made one, but didn’t wanna 😂

its actually pretty straightforward…but I pulled my entire undertray off to do an oil change, pressure wash and bolt check while I was down there 😉
Woodford Reserve usually keeps my rightys tighty though on occasion it's made this nut a little loosey (but def not lefty lol).

I thought that if I could pull a 502 BBC, put new aluminum heads on and degree a hotrod cam, that dropping the splitter would be no problem. And I'm sure it isn't as I'm a big proponent of 'man made it so man can fix it'...but I couldn't figure out where the blind clasps/snaps were located and didn't want to resort to the Woodford too early which would have made said clasps relinquish their death grip for the price of never going back together again b/c I just broke half of 'em off...

I had the belly pan disconnected but couldn't get the splitter dropped so I thought I'd get smart first b/f breaking out the larger mallet/pry bar(s). I'll wait til summer and my next oil change (for the splitter, not the Woodford...speaking of Woodford, I think I'm going to adjourn to the mancave for a respite from the desk...cheers!)
Sponsored