Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Uugghhhh….4 steps ahead of ya. Thought of that and the cold. That’s why I got the other one also. I have that one in another car; super nice and minimal weather impact. It’s awesome and super nice, but we’ll see how livable it is.
I really liked what they did with the 2019 refresh matching the start button to the shift knob. I've thought about swapping mine out, but the match is just too close with oem
2020-ford-mustang-shelby-gt350r.jpg
Sponsored

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
@Lorne34 agree 100%. Can’t beat the “fit” of the stock knob. Even with a red button. I will probably eventually swap back…I always do. But this one matches the trim pieces pretty good. IMO, it’s a better “fit” than a colored ball, if one wanted to try something different. But as far as performance and fitting my hand, I’ve found nothing I like better than the MGW, and I’ve tried quite a few.

Need4SpeedMotors

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.n4sm.com
First Name
N4SM Team
Vehicle(s)
S550 Mustang & Shelby GT350 platform
Not trying to be a GT350R poser, but was never happy with the raw/bare Brembo calipers on the Non-R cars! Project took me 3 days total. Most time spent was cleaning, sanding/wire brushing, and taping. I used 4 coats of VHT Grey Primer, 4 coats of VHT Red, and 4 coats of High Temp Clear Coat. After drying, it is extremely durable. I put the Brembo decals on in between the Red and clear coat. I am 100% impressed how it turned out. Absolutely love it and you would be hard pressed to know this isn't factory besides my decals being black instead of the OEM White.

qKBZCn7.jpg

pswBctg.jpg

NAVDB2A.jpg

TQZEZMw.jpg
Looks great! A lot better than the grey. You should look into having those ceramic coated as well. Protects the paint and easier to clean.

Sponsored

One_350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Juan
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt350
Got MGW’s newest shift knob. Well, couldn’t decide between the two, so I got both. Installed the new stainless one first. Looks amazing, and at a solid pound, it should drive pretty great. Never knew a pound could be so heavy.

IMG_7926.jpeg

IMG_7927.jpeg

IMG_7928.jpeg
Which one feels better?

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Which one feels better?
They both have their extreme plusses and minuses...which is why I got both; cause I'm indecisive as f#$%, LOL.

As far as fit - physical fit in your hand - they're identical (the [very minor] visual differences in shape and dimensions you see are literally indistinguishable)! You could argue the smooth texture of the stainless one vs the rough texture of the black one has some grip advantages. And then as already discussed, the temperature difference based on material. But then the weight of the stainless one really adds to the smoothness and shifting performance of changing gears. It's real. And then there's the looks debate; 100% personal preference. There's no clear winner and I will most likely go back and fourth. Swap out is as simple as one set screw on each, so, no real hassle there. Again, personal $0.02, but the stainless one compliments the interior better than any knob I've had sans the factory one. And it's MGW, so, you won't beat the quality.

Side note - the red numbers in the stainless knob is my addtion; it didn't come that way.

Sponsored

mavisky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
Any pictures of the car with the front bumper off? Would love to see the routing for the intake and the intercooler.

JCSIX13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jack
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Installed the ess kit and got it tuned Im in love.

IMG_6789.jpeg

How is traction in first and second gear?
I have a 2.9 whipple on mine and traction is almost impossable untill i get into third.

Thanks,

One_350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Juan
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt350
How is traction in first and second gear?
I have a 2.9 whipple on mine and traction is almost impossable untill i get into third.

Thanks,
Yesterday was the first day driving it with the supercharger and unfortunately it was around 50 degrees outside so I didn’t trust the tires enough to really get on it. But just doing half throttle pulls in 1st and 2nd tires were already screeching

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
@One_350 Any issues with the Radium expansion tank? I had issues, and I’m slowing finding a couple guys that had the same just didn’t know it, until I asked and they started looking closer.
Sponsored