Sponsored

What did you do to your GT350 today?

tjbrowder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R -HR773
Removed the Ford Performance oil separator, opened it up and found about 2 oz of oil in 2k miles and two track days.

Drilled the bottom of the reservoir and tapped for a 3/8" NPT fitting which was epoxyed in place. Tomorrow after the epoxy has cured I will reassemble it with a drain tube and valve so I don't have to remove the whole unit the next time I drain it.
Thank you for this.....I absolutely doing this mod to my Ford separator.
Sponsored

Doskiller

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350R
Or ...... you could buy a cheap set of plastic syringes from Ebay (5 for 3 dollars) and pull the oil out from the top. I use the same syringe over and over again with zero mess ......... ;-)

tjbrowder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R -HR773
Or ...... you could buy a cheap set of plastic syringes from Ebay (5 for 3 dollars) and pull the oil out from the top. I use the same syringe over and over again with zero mess ......... ;-)
This is how I currently drain the separator.

I was thinking of adding this so I can drain without even having to pop the top off each time.

scannon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Skip
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350, 2016 Miata (BBR turbo), '18 Subaru WRX
Thank you for this.....I absolutely doing this mod to my Ford separator.
The hardest part of the project was determining where the drain tube would exit the engine compartment. I dropped the rear of the engine compartment under cover to see where to route the hose. I used a 1" hole saw to make the cut and fed the drain line through it and used a zip tie to keep it from pulling itself back inside. Next time I have it up on the lift I will take a picture of where the line exits.

tjbrowder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R -HR773
The hardest part of the project was determining where the drain tube would exit the engine compartment. I dropped the rear of the engine compartment under cover to see where to route the hose. I used a 1" hole saw to make the cut and fed the drain line through it and used a zip tie to keep it from pulling itself back inside. Next time I have it up on the lift I will take a picture of where the line exits.
Thank you!

Sponsored

milner_7

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.highdefinitionautodetail.ca
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 Deep Impact Blue
Vehicle Showcase
Had my 350 in to get ceramic coating put on. Looking forward to the first wash

wltrmtty

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Terry
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
Two new Michelin Pilot Super Sport rears due to a sheet metal screw I picked up in my left rear.

Sponsored

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
After three different shift knobs, I reinstalled the factory knob. I keep running into so many things with this car that Ford got right with fit, styling queues, etc.

jvandy50

H3249
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jason
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, 18 ZL1-1LE
After three different shift knobs, I reinstalled the factory knob. I keep running into so many things with this car that Ford got right with fit, styling queues, etc.
Yep, had one in my 16 GT and loved it, and not changing this one.

On another note, mine is getting dye poured in her this afternoon. Yet another part of the process i suppose.

Doskiller

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350R
Well ....... after 2000 miles on my R, I just could not take it anymore and had the seats modified to be more comfortable. I searched the web for weeks and all I could find was information with pictures in various Focus ST forums. They showed the inner workings / bolsters of being plastic which could be removed by drilling out 3 rivets. I was shocked when my upholstery guy showed me the metal ears that had to be removed. A lot of people have stated in the forums that the bolsters will relax and break in over time ........ not in the R they won't. These ears are rigid and substantial with no give ......... if they hurt at 2000 miles, they will at 10,000 ....... trust. I agonized over getting this mod done to my new car, but in the end it was totally worth it. Now these seats are some of the best that I have ever sat in ........ killer for daily use and taking trips which is what I use it for. Just had to share if some of you guys were on the fence about comfort. Attached below is a pic of the stock bolster after removal and some cheesy garage shots of my whip .......... ;-)
20180605_173311.jpg
20180605_173514.jpg
20180605_173548.jpg

dwalker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 white with blue stripes "H1807"
Well ....... after 2000 miles on my R, I just could not take it anymore and had the seats modified to be more comfortable. I searched the web for weeks and all I could find was information with pictures in various Focus ST forums. They showed the inner workings / bolsters of being plastic which could be removed by drilling out 3 rivets. I was shocked when my upholstery guy showed me the metal ears that had to be removed. A lot of people have stated in the forums that the bolsters will relax and break in over time ........ not in the R they won't. These ears are rigid and substantial with no give ......... if they hurt at 2000 miles, they will at 10,000 ....... trust. I agonized over getting this mod done to my new car, but in the end it was totally worth it. Now these seats are some of the best that I have ever sat in ........ killer for daily use and taking trips which is what I use it for. Just had to share if some of you guys were on the fence about comfort. Attached below is a pic of the stock bolster after removal and some cheesy garage shots of my whip .......... ;-)
That metal frame isn't really going to relax, its more the padding of the bolsters that relax. And that's going to take some miles for that to happen.

Curious as to what's actually supporting the bolsters now that those metal pieces are removed? If that was it, I couldn't help to think that seat will look rough in no time. Be sure and post an update on that a few months from now, I'd say there's a few on here that would be curious how it holds up.
Sponsored