Sponsored

What did you do to your Aussie S550 today..

Ben James

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
2018 S550 Mustang GT
I didn't know re auto/manual (Matt has since clarified) and I also saw that they had revised the output claim as well. Hopefully all good!
Yeah I just checked too and it has a little more clarification on the outputs, still no extra proof of claim...

The torque output increase is the one that impressed me. A broad circa 80nm increase is substantial.

Iā€™m thinking that the output difference is the limitation on testing the auto at 1:1 (which will be limited to circa 6100rpm) as opposed to the manual version (6600rpm or about)

With some quick rpm/torque calculations, you can see that the manual and the auto would have the same output if the auto could spool up to 6600rpm.

I was hoping that Tickford would remove the pesky 250km/hr speed limit and change it to circa 290-300. This would give enough room to wind the engine out closer to the 7300-7400 rpm limit in the 1:1 ratio (7th gear in auto).

All in all itā€™s just figures and dyno numbers until you track it.

At present, in race mode with no gimmicks applied, I go from the brake pedal at idle, to mashing the go pedal for a 0-100km/hr at 5.000-5.006 seconds (using ā€˜track appā€™)

It would be nice to get it into the high 4s without resorting to preloading the drivetrain.
Sponsored

Last edited:

MrWolf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
MY2018 Magnetic Auto GT
It was an 18 that did not make 400.
Do you know what it did make (was the change to 375kw based on this)?

If it was 375kw, that is still ridiculously good for only a tune running on 98!

Sponsored

DRU842

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ecoboost Lightning Blue
Finished off the engine mods today with a Mishimoto catted down-pipe, Cobb exhaust & custom tuned for 250kw at the wheels and solid torque increase all round (50% over stock). Also got the Ford Performance Short Throw Shifter and strut brace.

MaxQ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White 5.0 GT
Invested in a set of Chrome Gorilla wheel nuts, found the OEM ones were getting ratcheted and starting to go out of shape.

Ford 18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2018 Ruby Red Magneride/Recaro Seats
Thanks Ben
Are you any further advanced on the Tickford Tune ?

Sponsored

Ben James

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
2018 S550 Mustang GT
Thanks Ben
Are you any further advanced on the Tickford Tune ?
Not yet. Itā€™ll be in the new year that I start the next mod run.

I want to know if the tune will be happy with an X pipe and a PMAS (no tune) intake. After that Iā€™ll see how the car goes.

At the moment the car is running really well, and I like the fuel economy (see pic).
BD52DADA-9D01-4BE5-98AF-CE49CE2B3C58.jpeg

Ben James

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
2018 S550 Mustang GT
Yep, the 10 speed is nice. Takes a bit to get used to, but Iā€™m loving it now.

I miss the manual when I want to chug along and over take without dropping a gear or 6, and itā€™s taken a fair few Kms to get used to paddles.

In the manual, you know damn well which gear youā€™re going into, whereas if you accidentally double shift in the A10, itā€™ll either ignore your stupidity in Drive, or happily throw you though the front windscreen in Sport.

Donā€™t ever go below 3rd gear unless you are crawling either. Itā€™ll make an offensive raw (rev matching) that will make you look like a schmuck sitting at the lights, waiting patiently for people to stop looking at you in disgust.

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
Yep, the 10 speed is nice. Takes a bit to get used to, but Iā€™m loving it now.

I miss the manual when I want to chug along and over take without dropping a gear or 6, and itā€™s taken a fair few Kms to get used to paddles.

In the manual, you know damn well which gear youā€™re going into, whereas if you accidentally double shift in the A10, itā€™ll either ignore your stupidity in Drive, or happily throw you though the front windscreen in Sport.

Donā€™t ever go below 3rd gear unless you are crawling either. Itā€™ll make an offensive raw (rev matching) that will make you look like a schmuck sitting at the lights, waiting patiently for people to stop looking at you in disgust.
What's wrong with that.............:cwl:
Sponsored