Sponsored

What causes toe out

Performance nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
Any idea what would cause a 2018 with less than 10,000 miles to get toe out? I got an alignment after my suspension mod, everything was spot on. Last 2-3k miles something caused it to toe out.

Never had this happen before, sort of weird.
Sponsored

1 old racer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2018 Royal Crimson GT PP1 prem., and others
Vehicle Showcase
Settling of the suspension components for one. Bolt stretch which causes a loss of torque on the bolts thus movement for another. Its actually more common then people think.

OP
OP
Performance nut

Performance nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
Settling of the suspension components for one. Bolt stretch which causes a loss of torque on the bolts thus movement for another. Its actually more common then people think.
Bolt stretch is concerning. Settling is a likely cause considering I changed the geometry and have driven it in a multitude of environments since. Though I had it realigned about 700 miles after installation.

Anything in particular I should watch out for?

1 old racer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2018 Royal Crimson GT PP1 prem., and others
Vehicle Showcase
By now all the movement that could happen has happened. Once you had this aliment done it should be good, unless you are having a component issue. If it starts to steer funny or drift excessively then take her back in. I hope you were able to save the new setting so that on the next aliment you can see if or how much movement you got.

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
No alignment ever stays put forever. Entropy is a harsh mistress.

One alignment a year is a good guideline, or at minimum get an alignment each time you replace your tires.
Sponsored