Sponsored

What cars did you cross-shop before deciding on the Mustang?

Old 5 Oh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium AT
A little off topic, but if I'm not looking to track the car, does the PP ride too rough? To be honest, I don't like how narrow the wheels are on the stock gt. Too bad ford doesn't offer some sort of magnetic suspension or something.
Welcome to the forum!

PP is slightly more stiff than the standard GT. You are looking at 235/50-18 A/S tires on 8" rims standard, with the option to go to 19x9 wheels with A/S tires, or 20x9 wheels with summer tires, on non-PP GT Premiums. The PP, of course, is 19" rims, 9" front, 9.5" rear, with staggered 255/265 summer tires.

All the combinations are the same overall diameter, thanks to differences in tire aspect ratios. The 19s and 20s seem to fill the wheelwells a little better.

Can't make a "bad" choice, just have to decide what you like and run with it.
Sponsored

Shawnski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Whatever I need
First post...

I haven't purchsed a mustang - yet.
I have a PP EB in FL, smooth roads, rides nice/taut and never harsh. I test drove a GT convert w/o PP in WI, frost heaved roads and rides about the same; taut and not harsh. The brakes are the same, and perfectly fine in the heavier non-PP convert.

Compared to a 4 series BMW that has selectable ride control the Mustang has a more direct feel and always that taut ride albeit with enough wheel travel to never seem harsh.

You do sit lower in the Mustang and its long hood is always there, and it is a bigger car than a 4 series, but it really does not drive like its bigger IMO. Get those optional 20" wheels and you will be profiling in style!

Fit and finish has the edge going to the BMW especially when it comes to the construction of the convertible top - the Germans are coach builders when it comes to cabriolets. The Mustang is in the game and of course the price is not even in the same ballpark compared to BMW Converts.

HBTD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Convertible
I wanted a convertible so I looked at:
Porsche boxter, too small
Porsche 9xx, new too expensive, used too dicey mechanically for a DD
Audi A5, nice, but too lethargic
Audi S5, second choice, but I liked the mustang better and about 1/2 the price of the S5
Having owned two BMWs, I have learned from my mistakes, so I did not even look at them on line.

pinero61

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Ruby Red Base GT PP
370z
BMW 1m

Dramad1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, PP, Blk
I traded in 2015 challenger for the 2015 gt. I'm way more I to the Mustang than the challenger. Old people used to jam me up all the time in the challenger, it was sublime green. No old people jam me up in the stang, bit alot of people hate on the stang. Fvck em

Sponsored

Surtur

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost
I traded in 2015 challenger for the 2015 gt. I'm way more I to the Mustang than the challenger. Old people used to jam me up all the time in the challenger, it was sublime green. No old people jam me up in the stang, bit alot of people hate on the stang. Fvck em
ive had nothing but love from everyone in the mustang except one guy in his early 20s trying to rip on me at a gas station for having the 4 cylinder who then proceded to get into his falling apart civic, i almost cried laughing when he couldnt get it to start for a minute or so after he got done talking shit.

RoushCharged

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium Convertible, Ruby & Loaded
I cross shopped a few things:

Porsche 911 Turbo -- Some day, but after I forget how bad German cars are.
Porsche Panamera Turbo -- These fell to "well why not just get a Tesla".

Hellcat -- Really wanted one of these. I couldn't find one to buy, and wasn't going to pay ADM (just buy it used).

C6 Corvette -- They wouldn't let me test drive one. Chevy dealers treat these like diamonds at Walmart. They don't have anything more expensive and it shows. That and I still have a modified C4 ZR1 and a '78.

Used M6 Convertible -- after my S65, the wife was not about to let me buy another German car. ... but it was close. Nice car.

Sl65 -- what I really wanted, but can't have without a warranty. Wounds still too fresh from my S65 :)

Tesla -- still want one....

I actually just dropped by a Ford dealer just to check the box "tried the Mustang" and was really surprised at how much both we liked it (especially my wife). I thought it about 100HP shy of what it needed so I supercharged it, although I do miss the free revving nature of the stock engine and really need a strut tower brace that fits over a PD blower (has lots of cowl shake now). Regardless, I love the Mustang so doubt I'll get a new toy for a long time. ... which for me is at least 3 years. :)

I've also been blown away at how many people love the car. I haven't had another car random people love as much as this one.

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'07 A4, '19 Ram Rebel
First post...

I haven't purchsed a mustang - yet. I'm looking for '15 or '16 gt convertible. I'm not even sure what is in the same category. I want a convertible with a back seat. There's the bmw 4 series convertible, but you can't get it with a manual. There's the camaro - but it's so disgustingly ugly and I hate the bathtub body style. Honestly, I've liked mustangs since I was in high school. And that was a very long time ago.

A little off topic, but if I'm not looking to track the car, does the PP ride too rough? To be honest, I don't like how narrow the wheels are on the stock gt. Too bad ford doesn't offer some sort of magnetic suspension or something.
I wouldn't over gotten the Mustang without it, adds to it's character and personally, I don't tend to notice

As far as room, you might have to move the seats up, but you can comfortably seat 4 in the car, I managed to do that with my Nephews (18 and my height 5'9, 9yo nephew and 18's ex/current gf whose like 5'3-6)

Better example was my friend and his sister, 6'2 and 5'3, she sat behind him no problem

snake bite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords of course
None. ...went straight to the horses mouth so to speak:) :headbang:

Starman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT convertible
ive had nothing but love from everyone in the mustang except one guy in his early 20s trying to rip on me at a gas station for having the 4 cylinder who then proceded to get into his falling apart civic, i almost cried laughing when he couldnt get it to start for a minute or so after he got done talking shit.
Well you know the old saying is true... No self respecting red neck would find themselves in anything but a V8 Mustang :)

Sponsored

Surtur

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost
Well you know the old saying is true... No self respecting red neck would find themselves in anything but a V8 Mustang :)
guess im not a real redneck then :p i keep my v8s in my challenger and truck
:D

pinero61

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Ruby Red Base GT PP
I'll go with coonass that loves v8's and boost, seeing as I own one of each. Lol.

Shawnski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Whatever I need
Mopar did not have a credible RWD V8 Pony car between 1975 and 2007; so yea all the old fogies get misty-eyed.

MikeD1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Just curious, but why all the scat packs?

Vandy
Cheap way to get the SRT 6.4L motor without all the frills. Tho if you start to option up a scat pack, it ends up costing almost as much as the 392, but will still not have all the content. It's basically what they were calling the SRT Core in prior years.
Sponsored