Sponsored

What are 2021 production numbers?

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
A perfect example of this would be the 50 year anniversary mustangs. I think they only made 1900 or so (even less than the GT350R), yet people rarely talk about it.
won't you all be flabbergasted when the number of Brittany Coastals is in the 'hundreds' of cars vs your thousands of Mach1 with FJG. :)

* pure speculation - just going by how nobody has posted actual cars in the dedicated color thread.
Sponsored

Dreadomir

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
2022 Race Red Ford Mustang Mach 1 Premium
won't you all be flabbergasted when the number of Brittany Coastals is in the 'hundreds' of cars vs your thousands of Mach1 with FJG. :)

* pure speculation - just going by how nobody has posted actual cars in the dedicated color thread.
Perfect example, also I don't like FJG. But you're right to assume that most Mach's are FJG. I speculate around 40%+🤣

Last edited:

Rhyanski

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2021 FJG Mach 1 #M5810, 2018 Mazda CX-5 Ultimate
A perfect example of this would be the 50 year anniversary mustangs. I think they only made 1900 or so (even less than the GT350R), yet people rarely talk about it.
The number of the original 50 Anniversary is 1964 as the year, and produced in 2 colors only :) , The 50th Anniversary optical package is a regular GT with some minor visual accents and they don't count to those 1964 ones...
The thing is that it is up to the individual owner why he buys the car - for collection or for riding it. If I could afford it, I would go for the 50th anniversary for a collection and occasional weekend ride, a 2020 GT350R for track fun from time to time, and Mach 1 for a daily.
The 350 with the Flat plane voodoo is definitely going to become an icon of the 550 generation, as it has this unique engine feature. The GT500 with their super snake, code red and Hertz additions won't get that same hype as the 350 in the long term, even if they are unique monsters.

Dreadomir

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
The number of the original 50 Anniversary is 1964 as the year, and produced in 2 colors only :) , The 50th Anniversary optical package is a regular GT with some minor visual accents and they don't count to those 1964 ones...
The thing is that it is up to the individual owner why he buys the car - for collection or for riding it. If I could afford it, I would go for the 50th anniversary for a collection and occasional weekend ride, a 2020 GT350R for track fun from time to time, and Mach 1 for a daily.
The 350 with the Flat plane voodoo is definitely going to become an icon of the 550 generation, as it has this unique engine feature. The GT500 with their super snake, code red and Hertz additions won't get that same hype as the 350 in the long term, even if they are unique monsters.
Definitely, and I completely agree with everything you said. While not as unique, the Mach 1 is indeed special because it marks the end of the generation and it was done right. It takes from some of the best S550s to make it one of the best dual purpose cars straight from factory. Suspension, and cooling parts from both Shelby's for handling and endurance on the track. The reliability from the tried and true 5.0 with some modifications from the Bullit making it a great daily driver. It's definitely not the 5.2 from the GT350, but it's up there performance wise and it's lower maintenance. Not to mention, it's offered with one of the best manual transmissions straight from the GT350. Both cars have their pros and cons, and both are equally special in my opinion. But that's besides the point, I never questioned the GT350 and only talked about production numbers. It's not you, someone else quoted me yesterday babbling about the GT350 being special, and the Mach 1 being another coyote Mustang. I was only saying that the Mach 1 is rare in comparison due to lower production numbers, never said anything negative about the GT350.

aham23

FPC 5.2
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 FJG Mach 1 w/ HP
^^^^ ok for you to perceive intent, but not someone else. roger that.

the M1 is indeed the Pinnacle of S550 Five Liter performance. a limited run can make it all the more special as this generation ends. later.

Dreadomir

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
^^^^ ok for you to perceive intent, but not someone else. roger that.

the M1 is indeed the Pinnacle of S550 Five Liter performance. a limited run can make it all the more special as this generation ends. later.
^ You're entitled to perceive, believe, forsee, remark, process whatever you want to. Just like you perceived what you wanted about my numbers statement, I'll perceive what I want about your statement. I think that sounds pretty fair, don't you agree?

But yeah, I completely agree with you. The Mach 1 is definitely up there with the best in terms of the 5.0 platform for the S550. The fact that it's a limited run makes it even more worthwhile if Ford decides to fulfill your order. I have yet to see one on the road, would be pretty cool if I was the only one out here with one.
Sponsored