Threads
Reaction score
Website
wengerdperformance.com
First Name
Derel
Vehicle(s)
18 GT Whipple 15 Mustang GT TT 18 F150 VMP ODIN
Really wish I could drive someone’s Wengard tuned A10 to see how much better it is.
Are you on tdn? Or what tune device?

If you have a rtd ill send over a free file you can try out
Sponsored

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase

Thank you for the offer, very cool of you. Unfortunately I have a Livernois tuner

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase

MROCGUY

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
I used PBD Palm Beach Dyno for tuning my car they could not get my car tuned right and found excuses for everything just took my money and left me hanging. I reached out to Wengerd for issues that i was having he responded SUPER FAST wrote a tune and got my car with more HP and no issues at all. This guy is awesome and knows what he is doing! I am lock with Wengerd all the way!!!
i, too had a negative experience with PBD and i was also left hanging. they even got the base tune wrong for what i had installed, which was the ford performance power pack 2. they did not factor in the larger throttle body. their initial menu for your tuning options had a field where you can enter your mods, but on the 2nd order form, it did not have that text field and they never read the first one where i entered the power pack 2. they weren't comprehending what i was trying to convey in my emails and just stopped responding to me.

jpjr501

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT - Procharged

I'll take you up on that offer if he doesn't :cwl:

I have a 10R80, Centri with an nGauge. I've never been in a car you've tuned either. Seems you have a following, congrats.

Sponsored

Fusion Training Systems

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT PP1

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT w/ Roush P2 SC, 2015 KIA Sorento SXL
Our flex can be ran all the time
I have never asked but will you flex tune the Roush P2 kit? There are some local places that will around here but I'm not about to let them test their theories :)

Cordero1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vic
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang
Really wish I could drive someone’s Wengard tuned A10 to see how much better it is.
This is the reason I will be switching from JPT to Wengerd.

Wengerd Performance

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wengerdperformance.com
First Name
Derel
Vehicle(s)
18 GT Whipple 15 Mustang GT TT 18 F150 VMP ODIN
I have never asked but will you flex tune the Roush P2 kit? There are some local places that will around here but I'm not about to let them test their theories :)
I'll tune nearly any setup for flex N/A .

Boost is really the only way I won't do flex.

The reason for this is flex is inferred ethenal percent.

Example a vacuum leak would cause the car to assume its on e85 and run e85 timing while on 91/93.

Edit (this is using hp tuners or SCT amd the oem flex logic)

Not a COS offered by PCM tech where a true ethenal sensor is used for flex.

Last edited:

Sponsored

jpjr501

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT - Procharged
Aren't tuners just using the same base file from say Lund or long established tuner?

If there was only a Coyote owner who had several tunes from all the tuners, load them one by one, do regular driving review then a dyno session. Now that's a video I'd like to see.

Fusion Training Systems

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT PP1
It’s not necessarily the base tune that’s important, but more so the changes needed made for your setup, the trans tuning, getting emails answered and getting your car dialed in how you prefer it.

I driven a few cars that used 2 different tuners and what a difference.
Then when i got back in my own car mine felt like a hot knife into butter shifting compared the other 2 cars.

88workcar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT wt Performance pkg
After reading this post this morning I emailed Derel and asked if he would come back for those answers. I see he did. His response to my emails from today and previous have alone sold me on Derel. I am close to being able to start my mods. Sweet thing for me is all of the questions have been answered already. I'm excited.

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT w/ Roush P2 SC, 2015 KIA Sorento SXL
The reason for this is flex is inferred ethenal percent.

Example a vacuum leak would cause the car to assume its on e85 and run e85 timing while on 91/93.
Thanks for the response, this is a very helpful answer and one that I can understand. I asked a local shop why they would flex tune it when many other tuners won't and the answer they gave was just that big name tuners don't think drivers are smart enough to follow recommendations on gas choice when filling up. Not because of issues like this. I always just assumed it was because most people want to use a BAP which can grenade the motor when the BAP dies or can't supply the fuel it needs under boost. Appreciate the response, going to use that the next time someone asks why I don't have a flex tune. E85 is the goal then. Just need to figure out what I need.

Angrey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
It’s not necessarily the base tune that’s important, but more so the changes needed made for your setup, the trans tuning, getting emails answered and getting your car dialed in how you prefer it.

I driven a few cars that used 2 different tuners and what a difference.
Then when i got back in my own car mine felt like a hot knife into butter shifting compared the other 2 cars.
Yes and no. The "base" tune or approach to things like idle control, shift strategies, etc can have drastic swings in how well mannered the car is.

I think it's kinda the opposite. Any numbskull can learn how to get the tune to run correct AFR and timing based on your configuration, the more difficult part is the underlying base features which are in many cases turned off or modified away from an OE Ford file to make modifications work.

The reason I referenced the guys above is that no one really knew or realized that boost/torque by gear was possible within the framework of the Ford calibration. It's possible, it's just that virtually no wide scale tuners have explored how to properly employ it. The accepted solution is just to run a boost controller or something external to the PCM.

The other aspect is protections and what happens when things aren't going the way they're supposed to go. There are parameters which would allow many more protections within the Ford architecture to prevent catastrophic nuke events than most tuners utilize. Sending a DTC or a MIL light isn't generally an effective strategy to saving a motor. So if there's a sudden loss in fuel pressure or oil pressure, or even better, a significant change, an immediate shut down of the party is possible, but not employed by most common tunes. The result? You smoke your motor.

I dropped a small fortune on the benefits of an M150 system and through these forums I'm finding out that nearly ALL of the benefits are possible through the Ford PCM/Calibration, it just takes a tuner who's on the cutting edge and understands it enough to feature things like limiting air load by gear, protection strategies, etc.

At this point with PCMtech offering a workaround for true flex mapping, the ONLY thing left that MOTEC can do that technically can't be done is the traction control strategies with slip aims. But a good portion of the MOTEC benefits are left off the table because again, most tuners just aren't aware or interested in putting that much time/effort into the tune. My car idles like a dream now. No more stupid cold start nonsense. So there are a few obscure benefits to a separate/stand alone PCM, but things like true flex fuel (from a sensor input), limiting torque output by gear and rpm are all possible (you just wouldn't know it because it's not offered by many/most tuners).
Sponsored