Well this will break some hearts.

Avispa

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS convertible
You realize they have relatively inexpensive supercharger kits to deal with annoying little German buzz bombs, dont you?
Sponsored

OP
OP
Bulldog9

Bulldog9

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullitt, 2017 Tundra TRDPRO, 1976 Porsche 912
You realize they have relatively inexpensive supercharger kits to deal with annoying little German buzz bombs, dont you?
You realize the EB is already boosted don't you?

Avispa

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS convertible
You realize the EB is already boosted don't you?
Indeed I do. So were 2003 Terninators, of which I had 3. Out of the box, one of those will barely keep up with an EB if at all. Trade in the factory Eaton 1.8 for a Whipple 2.3 and presto...200 extra wheel hp and bye bye EB. So, yeah, they have inexpensive supercharger kits that will make you say "holy, s***!!!" the first time you mash the gas on your EB after the upgrade. And leave the owner of the $100k buzz bomb wondering wtf just hit him.

SEAICE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BW
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
DCT trans in VW is a positive factor for that car... And it sounds to me like the Ecoboost was shifting too early. I haven't come across any road tests that show the GLI being as quick as the Ecoboost. 0-60 or in the 1/4. Maybe not the best example of an Ecoboost...

OP
OP
Bulldog9

Bulldog9

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullitt, 2017 Tundra TRDPRO, 1976 Porsche 912
Indeed I do. So were 2003 Terninators, of which I had 3. Out of the box, one of those will barely keep up with an EB if at all. Trade in the factory Eaton 1.8 for a Whipple 2.3 and presto...200 extra wheel hp and bye bye EB. So, yeah, they have inexpensive supercharger kits that will make you say "holy, s***!!!" the first time you mash the gas on your EB after the upgrade. And leave the owner of the $100k buzz bomb wondering wtf just hit him.
If I had an EB I might care lol

WItoTX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Ehh, I have beaten both those cars in mine at a real track, not just a straight line. Also, a drag race between three cars built to turn corners is kind of silly. Why not do a payload or towing capacity comparison? It as useful as accelerating in a straight line.

As for the VW? It's a great car. Crazy diff in it that does more mechanically than Ford tries to do with electrics. I had a tuned Focus ST (271 hp), and it was crazy how hard I had to work to keep up with the VW's. VW makes a great product when they aren't busy concocting ways to bypass emissions LOL:beer:
Sponsored