Sponsored

Well you don't see this for sale quite often....

The_Phantom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
Hope your Foose wing gives you all those downforces, bud.
I don't track my car. And my wing is NOWHERE NEAR that big.

Thanks for taking a shot at me though. All the cool kids are doing it.
Sponsored

The_Phantom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
Name one and which series it competes in.
I suppose I could.

BUT....then I'd have to deal with:

1. "That's not the same class as this car"
2. "It doesn't make the same down force as this car"
3. It goes on forever

If you want to know, Google it. I'm not a search engine and you're not paying me, so this isn't a trivia show either.

*Edit: Meh...throw a dog a bone. Here's a freebie:

http://www.gtrheritage.com/topic/1095-aerodynamics-of-the-r35-gt-r/

The_Phantom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS

Sponsored

Austinj427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
When people who think they know about race cars truly believe an oversized spoiler is the key to down force :facepalm:

I didn't say the car was rice. I said the wing is rice, and it is IMO.

It may serve a function, but when it is sitting still it looks stupid. I'm certain you can achieve down force without the park bench. Many other brands do, and I've built some myself. But what do I know? :cwl::crackup:
I've bolded and underlined what you said to keep it on track as it seemed like it was starting to move away. The reason they chose that wing is because the car needs a significant amount of down force, as most race cars do.

I suppose I could.

BUT....then I'd have to deal with:

1. "That's not the same class as this car"
2. "It doesn't make the same down force as this car"
3. It goes on forever

If you want to know, Google it. I'm not a search engine and you're not paying me, so this isn't a trivia show either.

*Edit: Meh...throw a dog a bone. Here's a freebie:

http://www.gtrheritage.com/topic/1095-aerodynamics-of-the-r35-gt-r/
I'm going to compare the down force of what these cars make total in the rear, which includes down force inspired body work, diffusers, and some amount of spoiler directly to what only the wing does on this Mustang. You said it yourself that there is more to down force than a spoiler, which is absolutely true but I'm going to show you that there is no substitute for getting all the pressure you can on the rear tires without building a completely different car (which would be against the rules for nearly every sanctioned racing body).

I'm not sure if your point was to use the GTR as a reference but I'll go with that, then pick out the car that makes the most amount of down force and compare that as well.

The wing in question on this race car is an APR 250 with redesigned end plates. The end plates may increase down force on the rear of the car but I can't find any values with those specific ones, all I can see is that they are different.

I'll stick with the numbers that are posted with the APR supplied end plates.

All found here http://aprperformance.com/racing-product/gt-250-adjustable-wing/

This wing, adjusted for the least amount of down force it can make, makes over twice the down force of the GTR at 30mph slower to give you some perspective, at the same speeds it's knocking on the door of 4x as much. This being a race car, needs to have an adjustable wing (which this is), and at it's most aggressive angle of attack makes TWELVE times the amount of down force that the GTR makes at similar speeds. These values are assuming the car does not come with a gurney flap. I'm not sure if it does, I couldn't find any pictures close enough to tell. If it does include a gurney flap, it gets even uglier, I'm talking a 25%-40% increase in down force over the large amount it already generates.

If I grab the highest down force producing car on that list, which I will give huge credit to Ferrari for making a ton of down force for a street car, they still are only just over half of what the wing on the Mustang generates.

There is a very large difference between what these cars make and it would absolutely show if you compared them both on track.

BTW I do think it's funny that the link you provided, just down the list they start adding large wings onto a GTR to increase down force lol.

I told you you'd say that.

Thanks for proving me right.:giggle:

One thing I know: When someone has their mind made up, there's no changing it. So why bother trying?

Here's one more shot. Lemme guess.....not a race car either, right?

https://www.businessinsider.com/the...car-that-you-can-take-on-normal-roads-2014-11
That is absolutely not a race car.

That's a performance version of a very fast super car. They do make a race car version of this particular car though.

It too has a big "ricer" wing.

458CH.jpg

The_Phantom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
Ok, so you guys really, REALLY love the wing. Got it.

It's still ricer IMO and not necessary.

But I won't get between your little group here. Do continue. :yawn:

limited02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Lincoln MKS EcoBoost
I told you you'd say that.

Thanks for proving me right.:giggle:

One thing I know: When someone has their mind made up, there's no changing it. So why bother trying?

Here's one more shot. Lemme guess.....not a race car either, right?

https://www.businessinsider.com/the...car-that-you-can-take-on-normal-roads-2014-11
Seriously? No, the 458 Speciale is not a true race car like the Mustang in the first post.

Since you're on a roll searching, how about you look up a 458 Challenge RACE car and let me know what's sitting on the back of it. (hint, it's a park bench...).

Edit - I was tree'd above.

RugbyRef

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Is that thing even street legal?

Sponsored

Brian_S550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
See username
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang 3.7L, 2016 Explorer 3.5L

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
FYI, no that car isn't street-legal. It is a purpose-built race car that just happens to come from Ford. They start with a "body in white", add metric-tons of extra welding to stiffen the unit body, then every go-fast part Ford has.

It's 100% a real race car. I think it has a 5.2L engine without the flat-plane crank.

There was a YT video on those, I thought I saw it here.

frank s

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.fsheff.com
First Name
frank
Vehicle(s)
Stang '19 Magnetic, EcoBoost™, Vert, MagneRide® PP
Vehicle Showcase
Where's the "Ignore A Member" button?

The_Phantom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS

Weasel1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
Funny how you guys get so cheezed up over a spoiler.
Sponsored

Last edited: