Well its been fun....

Robert3487

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Thanks to everyone for helping me with answers to my questions and providing me with all the info I needed to get my car the way I wanted it. I just sold it, for a loss of course since it was full bolt on and I didn't put it back to stock. I replaced the engine on my car and I would still get the same issue that most others get with catless headers, the random misfires on 1/6 and sometimes 8. Random misfire before XXXX RMP and all that. My goal is to purchase a house this year and having a mustang payment plus insurance wasn't helping my overall financial obligation.

I can see myself returning to another mustang but nothing in the immediate future, just wanted to say thanks and wish you all the best of luck with your cars/future endeavors. As someone that started off as an import guy I can say without a doubt I hated mustang owners the most out of any other owner, they were all dicks for some reason lol. You all have been nothing but helpful, I may drop in here and there but my mustang is long gone, I just have 1 part that i'm throwing up in the classified section but it would have taken me too long to part the car out and then sell it so I took a small loss on it. Again thanks, and goodbye. :crying:
Sponsored

GR1MxREAPER

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Casey
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
What was the issue with off-road headers? What brand? kooks/corsa and lund or PBD tuned don’t have any complaints at all.. so maybe you had a cheaper header with a design issue or the tune had a flaw in it somewhere? I heard running e85 or a flex tube causes some of those issues you were talking about. Especially constantly going from 91/93-E85. Around my area e85 stations are horrible and never even close to e85. At best low 70’s.

#1ford

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2021 mustang gt premium convertble antimatter blue
Vehicle Showcase
I wish you the best of luck to you. As a younger man I also had to sell a car I truly loved ,to buy a new home. I bet there will be a new toy in your garage in the future!!!

gone_n_60

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Whit
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP Convertible
Some of life's decisions come down to what your priority today and most important. Glad you had the chance to see "the other side" too from the helpful folks here. So far this forum/group has been fantastic on my Mustang journey/experience too. I waited decades to get back into a muscle car while raising family, doing life, etc.

I just hope there'll will still be ICE Mustangs when you want one again. ;-?

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Good luck with your future endeavors!

Sis you sell private or to a franchise like Vroom/Carvana/CarMax...etc.?

OP
OP

Robert3487

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
What was the issue with off-road headers? What brand? kooks/corsa and lund or PBD tuned don’t have any complaints at all.. so maybe you had a cheaper header with a design issue or the tune had a flaw in it somewhere? I heard running e85 or a flex tube causes some of those issues you were talking about. Especially constantly going from 91/93-E85. Around my area e85 stations are horrible and never even close to e85. At best low 70’s.
I had Texasspeed catless headers. The car worked fine most of the time and it pulled very hard. On occasion out of nowhere the car would show a check engine light, I would pull the codes and see 2 codes, it was always a combination of misfire cylinder 1 through 8 and misfire before startup/1000 rpms. And when it was bad it would actually drop power to the engine which made the car run rough and very sluggish and that would go away after 30 seconds or so. I never had VMP look at this last set of issues but the car would also die when i put the clutch in and coasted to a stop, kind of embarrassing when you have to restart your 2017 car at the stop sign or red light lol. I meant to have them take a look but the car also had this weird startup issue where it would die when you first start it then it would take a second restart to get it running. They sort of fixed that one but the car still stumbled and popped as it was starting up. This was only an issue when I switched from the 91 tune to E85, I always ran it on E85 and rarely went to 91 unless I had a longer ride to take. The misfire codes did not appear until the headers were added, and im not recalling the name of the thread where a few others had the same issue. I did test the E by my house and it came out to a perfect 85 fortunately, the bad thing is the pump was 15 minutes away in the next town over.

Good luck with your future endeavors!

Sis you sell private or to a franchise like Vroom/Carvana/CarMax...etc.?
I sold it to carmax, I brought it to them with a damaged engine and they offered me 24k for it. I brought it back after fixing the engine and they offered me 23k. I brought it back 3 months later and they offered me 22k. I did a little searching and seen that they seem to offer you less and less the more you bring it back to them. I remember laughing and telling the salesman that I brought it in with basically a blown motor and was offered more than now with a brand new engine that currently has less than 1,000 miles on it. He gave me some jargon about the markets changing and things like that lol. My advice for them is do not take your car there unless you are sure you are ready to sell because they will never make you a higher offer than the first time you bring it to them. In my experience anyway.
Sponsored