cbrookre

cbrookre

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible 50th app
Make sure you get "diminished value" from the insurance company as the car now has an accident on carfax and you will not get as much for it.
Definitely will be fighting for Diminished Value. Thanks for the advice!

OP
OP
cbrookre

cbrookre

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Dang! That sucks! Sorry to hear (especially to a local Spudder). šŸ˜‰
Out of curiosity, did you stop to let someone cross in an area that didnā€™t have a cross-walk?
I never stop for people to cross when theyā€™re arenā€™t crossing in a safe, well-known crossing area, for this reason. I always worry about people behind me not stopping. šŸ˜£
Use Leifā€™s for the repairs!

I also agree with the poster above me on DV.
That is a rural road (tons of growth but without updating the road system) so there is no sidewalk and no crosswalks. Kids have to either play Frogger or wait for someone to stop. Stopping was the right thing, and I watched the car behind me stop before I waved the kid across.

TundraOnKings

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
T
Vehicle(s)
'20 GT PP1 A10, '20 Armada,'15 Tundra,14' GS350F
That is a rural road (tons of growth but without updating the road system) so there is no sidewalk and no crosswalks. Kids have to either play Frogger or wait for someone to stop. Stopping was the right thing, and I watched the car behind me stop before I waved the kid across.
We bought acreage and built just before Rosauers and Ilani went in. I know itā€™s blown up. Was it out by ViewRidge?

OP
OP
cbrookre

cbrookre

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
We bought acreage and built just before Rosauers and Ilani went in. I know itā€™s blown up. Was it out by ViewRidge?
Dang, super small world! Yes, it has blown up. It was coming from the high school down the hill on Royle Road. The kid was crossing into the Cloverhill development just before Gee creek.

Sponsored

TundraOnKings

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
T
Vehicle(s)
'20 GT PP1 A10, '20 Armada,'15 Tundra,14' GS350F
Dang, super small world! Yes, it has blown up. It was coming from the high school down the hill on Royle Road. The kid was crossing into the Cloverhill development just before Gee creek.
Yes it is lol. Just PMā€™d you back! I knew it was going to be right around that area! With all the new housing going in, and zero sidewalks, Iā€™m not surprised at all. Our rental/investment property is literally right there - the gated townhomes by Lennar. You probably pulled into the entrance after the accident.
Looks like theyā€™re working on the sides of the road up at the top of the hill, hopefully sidewalks.
Thatā€™s just bad luck, sorry man!

OP
OP
cbrookre

cbrookre

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Yes it is lol. Just PMā€™d you back! I knew it was going to be right around that area! With all the new housing going in, and zero sidewalks, Iā€™m not surprised at all. Our rental/investment property is literally right there - the gated townhomes by Lennar. You probably pulled into the entrance after the accident.
Looks like theyā€™re working on the sides of the road up at the top of the hill, hopefully sidewalks.
Thatā€™s just bad luck, sorry man!
That is exactly where we pulled in! I am not holding my breath on the sidewalks, most of what they are doing is expanding on electrical, water and sewer just enough to support the 15 bazillion houses that they are adding... :)

OP
OP
cbrookre

cbrookre

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
small update: Finally got it in to the repair shop, waiting to see if it may be totalled. The shop will do what they can, but apparently the damage underneath is more extensive than it first appeared. :( Going to go out and talk to them today after they do some measurements to see how far things have moved. Praying for the best, won't be able to replace this car with another that will be its equal.

OP
OP
cbrookre

cbrookre

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
For those that may still be interested :), the total to repair came in at around $17,000! The insurance company informed me that it would be totaled and then started asking what the options and model were... to which I challenged "if you don't know the model, how do you determine it is totaled?" Long story short, presenting comps (who would have thought that with recent jump in prices for used cars, I could sell my 7 year old car for only about 20% less than I paid! And the 50th APP cars are selling at well more than the 1.5k premium that I paid, only one manual on the market that we could find in convertible) and with the help of the repair shop, they reversed that decision. For complete information, the frame structure is totally intact with no damage (floor in the trunk will need to be replaced), but the repair shop is being extremely thorough and repainting all panels that were even minorly dinged by the shifting panels. Only the left rear panel will need to be stretched back into position by about 5mm. Don't have a timeline yet, but all but three panels are going to be painted, looking to pay to have the rest done to match and then clear wrap it.

Thanks for the advice! Looks like this car is not yet at its end! :)
Sponsored