Weird laggy boost issue

EFPerformance

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ezra
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Ecoboost 10 speed
Hey there, I'm having a weird boost issue on my 2019 NX2 fbo ecoboost the boost is laggy and only hits 17 psi.

The car was making 24-25 psi at about 3700rpm and now it only hits 17 at 5800rpm.
A bit of backstory to when it started happening.

I had my Water methanol injection kit arrived and i started installing it, but i didn't install everything in the car. I only installed the controller in the dash, the negative of the controller to ground and the positive to the fuse box. After installing that i went to do some datalogs back for my tuner. Did 3 pulls, the first two everything was fine at 24-25 psi but in the third one the lag started happening. After this i thought that a charge pipe blew off and made some boost leak. i thought the wastegate took a dump so i purchased a new one. after installing the new one and preloading it correctly the issue still persisted. The Mechanic and the Tuner suggested changing the BOV so i went and changed it. the issue still persisted. i have done many boost leak test and smoke test and all of them went great. i got tired and bought a new NX2 thinking the turbo was the issue and like before, after installing the turbo it still had that horrible lag and only did 17 psi at 5500-5800rpm.

any help with this i would highly appreciate it.

Down will be pictures of the wastegate and door flap.
WhatsApp Image 2020-07-17 at 11.19.03 PM.jpeg
109546358_731692074299802_1800939422348601206_n.jpg
Sponsored

xXoVrKiLLXx

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
TLo
Vehicle(s)
SOLD
Do you have a boost reference line hooked up to the controller?

OP
OP
EFPerformance

EFPerformance

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ezra
Vehicle(s)
Do you have a boost reference line hooked up to the controller?
Yes i do, but the issue started before it was all connected.. i have everything connected now and the issue still happens

xXoVrKiLLXx

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
TLo
Vehicle(s)
SOLD
I have heard of controllers not sealing i.e. causing a boost leak (AEM v3 specifically). Your issue really sounds like a boost leak. I would remove the boost reference and T if you have it T'd off do a log and go from there.
I know you have gone through it all but my advice is
Triple check all seals
BOV - O-ring (seated/torn?) and Oring @ vband and charge pipe connection (if it has a vband)
Charge Pipes
Vacuum lines
(check your Wastegate pre-load)
Image 1 has what looks like a good bit of carbon build up (below the turbo) I could totally be wrong though but might be worth checking.

Keep us posted dude. I know this is a pain been there done it...

OP
OP
EFPerformance

EFPerformance

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ezra
Vehicle(s)
I have heard of controllers not sealing i.e. causing a boost leak. Your issue really sounds like a boost leak. I would remove the boost reference and T if you have it T'd off do a log and go from there.
I know you have gone through it all but my advice is
Triple check all seals
BOV - O-ring (seated/torn?) and Oring @ vband and charge pipe connection (if it has a vband)
Charge Pipes
Vacuum lines
(check your Wastegate pre-load)
Image 1 has what looks like a good bit of carbon build up (below the turbo) I could totally be wrong though but might be worth checking.

Keep us posted dude. I know this is a pain been there done it...

When you say vacuum lines which ones do you mean?
ill check bov o ring tomorrow and the wastegate pre-load. i had the charge pipes checked on Monday.

Sponsored

xXoVrKiLLXx

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
TLo
Vehicle(s)
SOLD
When you say vacuum lines which ones do you mean?
ill check bov o ring tomorrow and the wastegate pre-load. i had the charge pipes checked on Monday.
Sorry - any vacuum line that would have been touched bumped etc.. during the WMI install. How/where are you injecting (or have you gotten that far?) BTW I edited the post you quoted take another look too.

OP
OP
EFPerformance

EFPerformance

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ezra
Vehicle(s)
Sorry - any vacuum line that would have been touched bumped etc.. during the WMI install. How/where are you injecting (or have you gotten that far?) BTW I edited the post you quoted take another look too.
I'm injecting through the cold side charge pipe. ill check the T for any leaks and reinstall the other purge valve i have just to be sure.

Chef jpd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1 6M, Grab ass lime. Ex: 2016 EB PPP CO
Vehicle Showcase
How the f**k!?!?!

Sponsored

ihasnostang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Saturn ion, 2019 201A, EB PP1, Ruby Red
isnt there some software parameter to keep the cat from getting too hot?
Sponsored