Weird issue with MFT/Sync today

loonysup

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost Premium ingot silver w/ saddle leather
Just wondering if anyone has had this happen to them. I got in my car after work today and my radio was turned off (it was definitely on when I shut the car off). Also my phone would not connect via Bluetooth. The only way I could get it to connect was to re-pair the phone. I made a stop on the way home and when I got back in the car same thing happened.

I shut the car off and on a few times when I got home and couldn't recreate it again.

David

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored

ronv95

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost
Just wondering if anyone has had this happen to them. I got in my car after work today and my radio was turned off (it was definitely on when I shut the car off). Also my phone would not connect via Bluetooth. The only way I could get it to connect was to re-pair the phone. I made a stop on the way home and when I got back in the car same thing happened.

I shut the car off and on a few times when I got home and couldn't recreate it again.

David

Hmmm..mine did same thing and nothing on steering wheel worked...10 minutes later after driving it all worked again

FordIVTteam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang

David

Hi David,

Since you're noticing strange behavior with your MyFord Touch system, I suggest performing a master reset to make sure everything is running smoothly. You'll find the steps listed here: http://owner.ford.com/how-tos/sync-...hone-setup/how-to-perform-a-master-reset.html

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask!

Kim

OP
OP
loonysup

loonysup

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost Premium ingot silver w/ saddle leather
Hi Kim, thanks for the response. When I got in the car this morning, everything was fine. I'll keep an eye on it and if it happens again I'll try the master reset before taking it in to the dealer.

David

FordIVTteam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Hi Kim, thanks for the response. When I got in the car this morning, everything was fine. I'll keep an eye on it and if it happens again I'll try the master reset before taking it in to the dealer.

David

You're welcome, David. That sounds like a good plan to me! :)

Kim

Sponsored

WatchSquid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
93 Reef Blue Mustang convertible
You're welcome, David. That sounds like a good plan to me! :)

Kim
I have the problem where the phone won't run Pandora. Sometimes it will run, sometimes not. There is no rhyme nor reason to it, it's just intermittent.

Base system with Sync.

FeedtheNeed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB GT Premium
Something similar happened to me once. Got in the car, nothing involved in the Sync system worked (no stereo, screen, phone connection, etc). Power cycled the car w/ no change. Came back again after about 30 minutes and everything was normal again, hasn't happened since. :shrug:

FordIVTteam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I have the problem where the phone won't run Pandora. Sometimes it will run, sometimes not. There is no rhyme nor reason to it, it's just intermittent.

Base system with Sync.
Hi WatchSquid,

Are you attempting to use Pandora through AppLink or via Bluetooth Auido? Which type of phone are you connecting? What happens when you try to use Pandora?

Something similar happened to me once. Got in the car, nothing involved in the Sync system worked (no stereo, screen, phone connection, etc). Power cycled the car w/ no change. Came back again after about 30 minutes and everything was normal again, hasn't happened since. :shrug:
I'm glad everything is working well now, FeedtheNeed. You know where to find us if anything comes up in the future.

Kim

Isurus550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB GT Prem PP
Are you attempting to use Pandora through AppLink or via Bluetooth Auido? Which type of phone are you connecting? What happens when you try to use Pandora?
Well, for me, I use Pandora via Bluetooth Audio since I have MFT. It seems that after my phone upgraded to Android Lollipop, SYNC no longer works with Pandora. It used to display Artist/Song info, but now it just says Unknown/Unknown. The music still plays (sometimes), and the buttons (both steering wheel and dash buttons) to skip tracks only work intermittently, meaning I have to use my phone to do so.
Sponsored