Wax in Florida?

Scorpion

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang GT Premium PP Silver
I've tried looking into this, but there is so much information, and nothing really answers the questions. I am looking for something that has:

1 - Ability to apply in the sun/hot weather.:cool:
2 - Multi-use. I saw people applying one of the waxes to windshields and rims. Collinite something or other I think.:shrug: Can plastic lenses be waxed?
3 - Love Bug management.

I will be applying by hand. New to car care. I'm just confused.:confused:
Sponsored

Last edited:

stoli

Fat Guy Racing
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'15 Black GT/PP
1. Chemical Guys Butter Wet Wax can be applied in direct sun - http://www.chemicalguys.com/Butter_Wet_Wax_16_oz_p/wac_201_16.htm

2. Rain-X on Windows and lights and backup cam lens.

3. Don't drive during the spring and fall season. :) There are all sorts of 'remedies' from baby oil to wd-40 on the front surfaces. I just make sure there is a good coat of wax and rinse a and wipe daily for the two weeks they are an issue.

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
Thanks for reminding me that the love bugs will be coming soon D:

Varekai

Mustang Enthusiast
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
Do it at night. That's the best thing. Been waxing my cars for years, and meanwhile you may find a wax that is okay to be used at night, if your using any other products like paint cleaner or polish, usually they must be used under shade and with cool metal. So I start mine as soon as the sun goes down, especially since my car is black.

Sponsored

f15eaglee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB V6 & 1965 Hardtop I6
Do it at night. That's the best thing. Been waxing my cars for years, and meanwhile you may find a wax that is okay to be used at night, if your using any other products like paint cleaner or polish, usually they must be used under shade and with cool metal. So I start mine as soon as the sun goes down, especially since my car is black.
This is a great point and with a portable light its easy to see if you missed any spots. Only downside is the mosquitoes will get you good at night! :)

My recommendation is to try something like Meguiar's Ultimate liquid wax... Can apply in direct sunlight and has the best longevity in the Florida sun of anything I've tried so far. That being said, its good for a couple months (Central Florida) before needing re-application. I recently applied Optimum Glosscoat and so far so good. Supposedly lasts 2 years... Will see if the Florida sun begs to differ.

Blindside

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 CFTP, 2019 F-250 Platinum
I use Adam's Liquid Paint Sealant and Americana on my Tuxedo Black truck.

drabon74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium 401a
22ple or cquartz and you can use it everywhere. lasts 8-14 months
Sponsored