Wastegate Actuator

Double_D

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt
Proprietary spring set and different machining. This is why I have great, documented, success with my actuators and nobody else post anything up about the standard off the shelf units ;).

well there you go i was wrong. :cheers:
Sponsored

Busser48

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang ecoboost

Joe_Stang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
I am getting a little worried about having to run this on a tune, like you stated a situation where it needs to go into the shop, the tune will be removed but what about any issues if they test the car and go over the recommended boost level?
If it goes into the shop I would be more concerned with them finding out you have a tune then the actuator. Hopefully they wouldn't have to read the ecu

Busser48

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang ecoboost
If it goes into the shop I would be more concerned with them finding out you have a tune then the actuator. Hopefully they wouldn't have to read the ecu
It's already been in the shop, I have had my turbo replaced at 15,000 miles. I had 60 different tune revisions loaded on my ecu and I even had my ATM fmic installed and hanging out the front bumper. Everything was replaced 100% under warranty and no cost to me. I reset my counter before I went in. I know many debates on this, but It worked for me. So I'm not worried about the tune, I am about an actuator that's not supposed to be run on stock tune.

DansEBM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost PP Mustang
As far as I'm concerned if any of us have an engine blow out we are sol, tune, catch cans, down pipes, actuators, anything else ford considers a no no, I for example went in for underbody thermal recall and was refused service because my car was 3/4 inch lower than stock, so we better be ready to pony up if something stupid or major goes wrong.

Sponsored

Busser48

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang ecoboost
As far as I'm concerned if any of us have an engine blow out we are sol, tune, catch cans, down pipes, actuators, anything else ford considers a no no, I for example went in for underbody thermal recall and was refused service because my car was 3/4 inch lower than stock, so we better be ready to pony up if something stupid or major goes wrong.
lol wow!!!!! It's crazy how different each dealership is.... Really sucks because I have my ATM, lowered tons of mods and they didn't even blink twice. I am really thankful and lucky, seems the burden comes down to the dealership.

DansEBM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost PP Mustang
It's already been in the shop, I have had my turbo replaced at 15,000 miles. I had 60 different tune revisions loaded on my ecu and I even had my ATM fmic installed and hanging out the front bumper. Everything was replaced 100% under warranty and no cost to me. I reset my counter before I went in. I know many debates on this, but It worked for me. So I'm not worried about the tune, I am about an actuator that's not supposed to be run on stock tune.
Your lucky, dealers out here will refuse service for stupid stuff, I guess it depends dealer to dealer, I'm due in on wed this week for therm recall, I told them about being lowered and they said we might be able to help yikes !

Busser48

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang ecoboost
Your lucky, dealers out here will refuse service for stupid stuff, I guess it depends dealer to dealer, I'm due in on wed this week for therm recall, I told them about being lowered and they said we might be able to help yikes !
What dicks!! I mean give me a break, I doubt ford even really cares that much.

ronv95

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost
Your dealer sucks I was already on airride and my dealer did the recall

Busser48

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang ecoboost

Sponsored

turtleboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 EB
[MENTION=18386]Busser48[/MENTION] what dealership do you go to?

Busser48

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang ecoboost

Joe_Stang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
I would imagine if your engine blows thats when they would void the warranty. Not saying they will but I think that would be where they draw the line.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 AT Ecoboost Mustang
Busser48 what dealer do you use? I'm also in the Dallas area and could use one that doesn't mind light mods!

Tune+

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang Automatic
Would it be best to reinstall the stock unit for dealer visits, this is getting more and more complex especially if your car breaks down and needs to be towed to dealer yikes !
Correct, it takes about 10 minutes to install/uninstall.

I am getting a little worried about having to run this on a tune, like you stated a situation where it needs to go into the shop, the tune will be removed but what about any issues if they test the car and go over the recommended boost level?
Take it off and put the stock actuator on.

Correct.

Tell them to eat it, and go to another dealership. They can't deny a RECALL because of upgrades. Recalls are for safety of the owner and is mandatory.

You can roll into a dealership with a big turbo hanging out of the hood and a downpipe running out the roof and they will still have to perform the RECALL work.
Sponsored