Sponsored

Wastegate Actuator

Lexman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red Mustang GT Premium
If we did not get in on the last run of Adam Tune+ actuators, what would be a good alternative?

I'm figuring as more people get into the Ecoboost Mustang, and for those of us that couldn't get in on the last run, this would be something that would be asked...

Thanks!
Sponsored

Double_D

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt
there are many websites who sale the turbosmart waste gate actuator which is the company tune+ has build theirs.

It looks like they build a couple different options for the ecoboost as well. that would be a good place to start.

And i realize im a v8 guy trolling the eb forum but have owned and modified many turbo cars and enjoy reading what people are doing with the eb as well.

OP
OP

Lexman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hi Double D, I don't consider trying to help trolling;)

I looked at there website but it doesn't seem that they have one specific to the mustang. I'm guessing Adam is using one for another ford model but maybe I missed something.

ronv95

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost

Double_D

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt
Hi Double D, I don't consider trying to help trolling;)

I looked at there website but it doesn't seem that they have one specific to the mustang. I'm guessing Adam is using one for another ford model but maybe I missed something.
thanks just noticed many arguments in this forum between the gt and eb guys. lol

looks like ronv95 added links for them. If you can find out what weight spring was used in the tune+ wga you can order that as well and install it. Then just get the tune updated.

Sponsored

Busser48

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang ecoboost
thanks just noticed many arguments in this forum between the gt and eb guys. lol

looks like ronv95 added links for them. If you can find out what weight spring was used in the tune+ wga you can order that as well and install it. Then just get the tune updated.
I don't think he gives out his specific weight information, they are proprietary to him. He did say to just go with a turbo smart one, it would be the closest to the ones he has them make for him

Double_D

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt
Your probably right. Im sure the differance between his proprietary and the 10# turbosmart is minimal as well and would work great.

Busser48

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang ecoboost
Your probably right. Im sure the differance between his proprietary and the 10# turbosmart is minimal as well and would work great.
Def better than stock for sure

OP
OP

Lexman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Could you use it without a tune?

Tune+

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang Automatic
Proprietary spring set and different machining. This is why I have great, documented, success with my actuators and nobody else post anything up about the standard off the shelf units ;).

Sponsored

Tune+

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
OP
OP

Lexman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Absolutely not.
So that is a bolt on of no return so to speak? If I got a tune and a waste gate actuator I could not run it stock for servicing then or am I mistaken?

I currently installed an exhaust, will be putting on a FMIC, and installing your pre-gapped plugs. Getting ready to get the most from a tune but still can run stock.

Tune+

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
So that is a bolt on of no return so to speak? If I got a tune and a waste gate actuator I could not run it stock for servicing then or am I mistaken?

I currently installed an exhaust, will be putting on a FMIC, and installing your pre-gapped plugs. Getting ready to get the most from a tune but still can run stock.
You can run it on a stock tune but you can't go full throttle or it will overboost, same goes for the Turbosmart off the shelf actuators, the 7psi one works however it will cause MORE throttle closures than the factory tune already has.

DansEBM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost PP Mustang
You can run it on a stock tune but you can't go full throttle or it will overboost, same goes for the Turbosmart off the shelf actuators, the 7psi one works however it will cause MORE throttle closures than the factory tune already has.
Would it be best to reinstall the stock unit for dealer visits, this is getting more and more complex especially if your car breaks down and needs to be towed to dealer yikes !

Busser48

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang ecoboost
Would it be best to reinstall the stock unit for dealer visits, this is getting more and more complex especially if your car breaks down and needs to be towed to dealer yikes !
I am getting a little worried about having to run this on a tune, like you stated a situation where it needs to go into the shop, the tune will be removed but what about any issues if they test the car and go over the recommended boost level?
Sponsored