Not open for further replies.

Hageln

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang
Have any of you experienced any issues with your ecoboost mustang after tuning? If so, have you had any bad run ins with Ford about it? Refusing to repair parts that wern't your fault for breaking, etc.?

Just wanted to get some feedback before making the plunge on tuning my lovely machine.
Sponsored

cosmo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT
OP, just don't do what this guy did. Get a tune from a reputable tuner, and upgrade safely. Don't get a "BoostMAX" controller which changes boost levels and nothing else. Such an awful mod. Typically dealers will work with you on parts outside of modding. I.E. you have a CAI and your brakes have a problem, they'll fix the brakes. But, if you throw a bad code relating to powertrain and have a CAI, you will likely have an issue.

ronv95

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost
Dude posted it up in the for sale section...says it Solves Stalling Issues...hard for a car to stall when the engine is fucked

Sponsored

EcoSwag1990

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Triple Yellow GT
That situation was different anyways because the dude went to the dealer with engine probs with a freakin boostmax and pedal max still plugged into the car. If it was just tuned and flashed back to stock before taking it in the dealer may never have even known it was tuned

daltron

Rowing All Day
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
That situation was different anyways because the dude went to the dealer with engine probs with a freakin boostmax and pedal max still plugged into the car. If it was just tuned and flashed back to stock before taking it in the dealer may never have even known it was tuned
Yeah, fuck your engine up with mods, then let Ford pay for your mistake :doh:

murphy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I seen that Ron. That guy should suck up the money loss and throw that piece of crap in the trash. There's no way in hell I could sell something, that possibly fckd up my car, to someone else.

ypena02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Does anyone know for sure if the Ford techs can see how long a tune has been running for or if they see the number of ignition cycles?

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT

Sponsored

Tony Alonso

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01/'09/'19 Bullitt, '90 GT, '00 Corvette FRC
OP - there are quite a few threads on this topic. Suffice it to say that reflashing the PCM is a higher risk modification as compared to some others in terms of potentially having a warranty denial. Please take a read at what is available in this subforum to understand the risk vs rewards. If you have more specific questions about certain tuning vendors, you'll find that here also.

Closing.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.