Blue_Stang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Blue
Vehicle(s)
2017 Electric Blue GT
2017_ford_mustang-pic-5975823919654504133-1024x768.jpg
I found THIS on CarGurus and fell in love, and with only 1068 miles!!!!! Sounds too good to be true, right?!?!? I put a deposit down immediately. Then day after day for two weeks I was told everything you can think of why I can't have the car inspcted and shipped to me in Florida; "sent to Ford Dealership to have the ECU flashed because they have newer computers, was getting inspected/"CPO'd", I had a wisdom tooth removed", yada yada yada. At about day-7 I called the Ford dealership and they transferred me back to the shop where the tech (who sounded like a crackhead by BTW) told me the car was there and had major trans issues / wouldn't go into 3rd gear and they were backed-up with work, so at least a week before they looked at it. I told the dealer who owned the car this and they told me the Ford Dealership was lying and just wanted to sell me a car. On and on and on for another week (The GM is off all week "getting married now BTW") so I call the Ford dealership again. This time I talk to a manager who verified the car (by VIN!) and told me the car does in fact have the 3rd gear issue.
I was told previously by the owning dealership the car had nitto race slicks put on it b/c the owner wanted to race it. I'm thinking the owner got it out to track, missed 3rd gear / went into 5th, and then jammed it up into 3rd without the clutch being fully disengaged, damaging the synchs? So, I got my deposit back and moved on.
~ Anyways, here's the links to cargurus and the stealership.
BUYER BEWARE!!!
CarGurus: https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/inven...elper.selectedEntity=c25953#listing=278565326

Stealership: https://www.idriveautosale.com/inventory/ford/mustang/250072/
Sponsored

BimmerDriver

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
GT convertible w/3 pedals, BMW M550i
Glad to read that you got your deposit back.

It's a shame that one lousy used car dealer can give all of those guys a black eye. LOL :giggle:

OP
OP
Blue_Stang

Blue_Stang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Blue
Vehicle(s)
2017 Electric Blue GT
Glad to read that you got your deposit back.

It's a shame that one lousy used car dealer can give all of those guys a black eye. LOL :giggle:
Yeah, if it's not something like this, they haggle and hassle the heck out of you. I got so tired of beating them up over dealership fees and that, I just went and bought my S550 off of Carvana LOL. Sooooooo much easier and the price/costs are all up front! Ahhhhhh technology!

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
I woulda got them to drop the price a shit ton.. enough to buy a Ben Calimer stage 3 MT82 + delivery & install.

OP
OP
Blue_Stang

Blue_Stang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Blue
Vehicle(s)
2017 Electric Blue GT
I woulda got them to drop the price a shit ton.. enough to buy a Ben Calimer stage 3 MT82 + delivery & install.
Oh trust me....I was pretty salty about the whole thing, but they hold all the cards........at $30k it'll sell no problem and they know it. I wanted that car SOOOOOO bad, but I had to get on with life.

Sponsored

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
at $30k it'll sell no problem and they know it.
Yeah ur prolly right. I could sell my GB 2017 pretty close to what I paid for it new. There's peeps always looking for s550 GB GT's and pay to play.

I Bleed Ford Blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2023 grabber blue metallic Mach 1
Yeah ur prolly right. I could sell my GB 2017 pretty close to what I paid for it new. There's peeps always looking for s550 GB GT's and pay to play.
A few weeks ago, I checked out webuyanycar.com just to see what they would give me for mine. I was offered 28,500 for my 12,000 mile GB GT PP1 convertible. I thought about for a minute, because I only owe 22K.

OP
OP
Blue_Stang

Blue_Stang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Blue
Vehicle(s)
2017 Electric Blue GT
What kind of car do you own? Were you looking to upgrade your car?
I had a 2016 Audi A4 Quattro Premium Plus, but sold that off a few weeks ago.

OP
OP
Blue_Stang

Blue_Stang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Blue
Vehicle(s)
2017 Electric Blue GT
A few weeks ago, I checked out webuyanycar.com just to see what they would give me for mine. I was offered 28,500 for my 12,000 mile GB GT PP1 convertible. I thought about for a minute, because I only owe 22K.
I would have gone 28,500 all day for a GB with 12k on it! Luckily on this one I only had one more year to pay off my 2016 Audi A4, but had almost 10k in equity built up because I got a good trade in on the car I traded on for it (a 2014 Audi A4 Quattro Premium Plus) and the one I traded in for that too (a 2005 Volvo S60R).

Sponsored

Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 M40i
I'm now getting offers of about $30k for my 2018 GT premium convertible with 13k miles, from the various car buying services. CarGurus says $34 - $38k if I sell it myself. But, I'm seriously considering selling it to Carvana to help fund my dream car.

SloRyd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
I got my GT off of Carvana, and couldn’t be happier. It took maybe 20 minutes to do the paper work, I was at work waiting on some vender to finish something up. :like:
They delivered it 3 days later.
I even financed through Carvana because the best interest rate I could get at my credit union would have only saved me about $300-400 over the life of the loan.. and to me $300 was not worth losing that car.
The bank hit me up the week later, saying I was approved and asking if I still wanted the loan.
I chuckled and informed them I already had my car for a week now. They really should work on their approval turn around time.

OP
OP
Blue_Stang

Blue_Stang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Blue
Vehicle(s)
2017 Electric Blue GT
Imagine breaking a car after 1K miles... :facepalm:
Yeah, yuuuuuuge bummer! The stealership told me (if you can believe anything they say...) the owner went right out and bought a new GT350. I just can't figure if the guy tore the tranny up back in say early 18 and then just let the car sit for 2.5 years broke, or didn't drive it at all until one day 3 years after he bought it decided to go out and grenade the trans, or maybe it was just bad fate and it had some fatal internal flaw? I'm lost here.....
Sponsored