Waiting...the struggle is real

22GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kris
Vehicle(s)
2020 f150 xlt, 2013 avenger 3.6l, 2017 f350 srw xl
It's official my car was built 2 months ago today.
Screenshot_20220414-202056_Drive.jpg

Only info I have is the delivery date is MAY 11th. It's just a Oxford white 301a manual with active exhaust and black accent. That it. Nothing special. I really wish I vould talk to someone who can give me actual facts on why it's taking so long to ship my car. Hell I would gladly get it myself and save over $1000 and months of my life waiting for someone to bring it to the dealer for me.

Sorry everyone I just need to vent.
Sponsored

22GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kris
Vehicle(s)
Forgot to mention I had to miss out on the 0% interest that ended in March!

Eclipsar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NFG Mustang GT
It's official my car was built 2 months ago today.
Screenshot_20220414-202056_Drive.jpg

Only info I have is the delivery date is MAY 11th. It's just a Oxford white 301a manual with active exhaust and black accent. That it. Nothing special. I really wish I vould talk to someone who can give me actual facts on why it's taking so long to ship my car. Hell I would gladly get it myself and save over $1000 and months of my life waiting for someone to bring it to the dealer for me.

Sorry everyone I just need to vent.
You need to know when it was gate released, as there could be a material hold on it

br_an

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bran
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350, 2020 Ford F150
I've concluded that anyone with cars sitting in the rail yard for weeks probably has a dealer in very serious arrears so Ford not releasing.

I imagine quite a few are nearly bankrupt with nothing to sell it upsell.
Hanavarian's back from the Shadow Realm :wink: Welcome back

gjbroder

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang Mach 1
I've concluded that anyone with cars sitting in the rail yard for weeks probably has a dealer in very serious arrears so Ford not releasing.

That has been one of my conspiracy theories. However, I ordered from the largest dealer group in the country and unlikely that would be the hold up.... Also... I looked at almost all dealers within 500 miles and hardly anyone has any 2022's available with most cars showing "In Transit"

Sponsored

Lexc12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT PP1
My original delivery date was Feb 21-27 then March 23-29 that was from Ford Email contacted dealer on 03/30/22 they said and showed me Delayed Convoy and had date April 21-27 been sitting in Rail Yard Says its waiting its turn

Zent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 GT Premium
I am considering cancelling or eventually trading in for the new car. I think it will look better. The interior certainly looks better than the current car.

2024-Ford-Mustang-YT.jpg
Looks kinda camaro-y

When the s550 first came out everyone hated it and said it looked like a fusion. Now everyone loves it

It's how these things go I guess

Zent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 GT Premium
For the love of God please just give me a date!! Couldn't get a date from women now I can't get a date from ford!!

The wait is so much easier when you have a date. When I first placed my order it was hard but when I got my build date it was easy.

Now my car has been built April 1 and I can see the module data but I never got the built email that gives you an estimated date and the past 2 weeks there wasn't any progress with mustangs so I'm just sitting here in limbo and hate it!!

22GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kris
Vehicle(s)
For the love of God please just give me a date!! Couldn't get a date from women now I can't get a date from ford!!

The wait is so much easier when you have a date. When I first placed my order it was hard but when I got my build date it was easy.

Now my car has been built April 1 and I can see the module data but I never got the built email that gives you an estimated date and the past 2 weeks there wasn't any progress with mustangs so I'm just sitting here in limbo and hate it!!
Mine was built 2/14, still waiting!

Zent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 GT Premium
Mine was built 2/14, still waiting!
At least you got a date to expect it even if it sucks to wait it's less than a month away now. Sitting in limbo is the worst imo!

And who knows if next week those _____________ will say "hey we're not gonna make mustangs this week!"

Sponsored

Ogopogo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT Prem Vert, 2020 Mazda CX-5 GT Turb
A lot of us are waiting for the vehicles to leave the Flat Rock rail yard. My last update was late March and mine had been 'waiting on rail shipment' since late Feb (ordered Oct 14, 21). Dealer has no idea what has been holding it up either. I've not queried since late March but will make another query this Friday or next Monday. Probably still 'waiting on rail' at Flat Rock so not looking forward to hearing that yet again.......

OP
OP

CliffClavin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Van down by the river
Well boys, I'm having to officially bow out of the waiting room. My lack of patience got the best of me. I felt like my order was likely not going to be fulfilled and delivered until late summer or possibly early fall. Knowing me, I would have started configuring a 2023 vehicle and started the cycle anew.

I started adding up all of the modifications I wanted and the bill started pushing me into looking into higher trims. Dampers, wheels, suspension, exhaust....too much time looking over Mustangs. Went out and somehow ended up with a 6 speed Mach 1. Pretty stupid when I think of what I originally ordered.

Anyway, good luck to those still waiting. Hope you guys are out on the streets soon. Will have some parts available that I impatiently began buying for the GT that will no longer fit the Mach 1 for sale soon.....

br_an

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bran
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350, 2020 Ford F150

TentacleKitty

Tentacle Kitty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT Premium, 2014 Toyota Tacoma
Probably waiting for an ECU or other module. With all the shortages it's not like the railways are at full capacity with road and rail car carriers at maybe 50 % capacity.

Maybe Ford is holding them to get enough to fill rail cars for specific destinations.
I think the video below might help explain today's Mustang production situation, but on a smaller scale (compared to the trucks):

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
imagine a hailstorm/tornado/flood.

all totaled.
Sponsored