Sponsored

Waiting is Hard!

V8_MOTOR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY17 S550 Mustang GT (EURO)
Just thought I'd break my silence on here and say hello

I ordered my Mustang GT on 16th of October 2016 and its getting harder and harder to wait everyday! am I the only one? what did you do? I find myself looking at all the parts I intend to buy and have already bought the US decklid panel. Besides, no matter what I do, I cant have it before April 1st as the law changes on emissions and I intend to keep this car for life.

Luckily, since i have been on here I found about Stacey over at Ford and asked her if she could confirm my order. Good thing too as somewhere along the line they got the seat colours wrong (saddle leather instead of Black) even though the order form states Ebony.

The car I have ordered is the Mustang GT Auto, Oxford White, no custom pack but all the options. (Dont like the chrome trim and silver wheels)

The Mods I plan to have installed on it over the course of next few years are:

US GT Decklid Panel
Roush Axle back exhaust with MRT H-Pipe
Eibach Sportline spring set
US OEM GT hood Or Cervini RAM air hood with heat extractors and turn indicators (if I cant have these then ill put a roush hood scoop on and call it a day)
Anderson Composite GT350 Style Carbon fiber rear spoiler
Roush Quarter window scoops, Rocker winglets and side scoops
Sort the bloody DRL's out somehow
Forigato Maglia Alloys

I was a bit anxious regarding the 2018 mustang face lift with the fear that it may look better than the current one but as soon as I saw it I thanked god lol

My basic aim is to get it to look as much like the Apollo edition mustang as I can but with a slight twist. I have family in the US who visit here ofton so they can bring little bits and bobs with them :)
Sponsored

Mpbpub

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT coupe auto
Ha! Ha!
Welcome to my world.

Spider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY17 GT MY19 Bullitt
Welcome !! :)

Waiting is hard but it'll be here before you know it :D

Myweepony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Auto
I ordered mine mid September.

It gets built tomorrow according to my blend date. Wooo hooooo.

Shouldn't be too long before yours gets built.

Mine is due here mid April according to the salesman.

willisit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Monaro, DeLorean, Viva, S5, 600F
I've had mine since mid.. November.. or was it October... and I've done 115 miles. So, I'm not sure what is worse! Stupid British weather...

Sponsored

Mpbpub

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT coupe auto
Can those that haven't filled in the details on the spreadsheet do so to keep the timings up to date

Toecutter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
I ordered 2 days before you and have an estimated build date of the 7th March. Although I may bottle it and cancel for a 2018 if Ford don't address the airbag issues I have raised with them.
Enjoy the wait.

simonp83

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Simon
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT S550
The biggest issue is everyone saying "When's your car coming?" Every week lol. It's still June, same time as it was last week and the week before lol "oh wow, thought you said April" nope, June hopefully.

OP
OP
V8_MOTOR

V8_MOTOR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY17 S550 Mustang GT (EURO)
Ha! Ha!
Welcome to my world.
Welcome !! :)

Waiting is hard but it'll be here before you know it :D
Its a terrible world. God knows how many hours I have wasted just looking at Mustang stuff.

I ordered mine mid September.

It gets built tomorrow according to my blend date. Wooo hooooo.

Shouldn't be too long before yours gets built.

Mine is due here mid April according to the salesman.
Fingers crossed because I can't wait much longer. I need a VIN lol

I've had mine since mid.. November.. or was it October... and I've done 115 miles. So, I'm not sure what is worse! Stupid British weather...
That sucks! Why haven't you driven it much? Is it due to ice roads? I'd just be using this opportunity to run the engine in.

Yep,we all know how it feels, its well worth the wait though.

DRL fix is easy btw and a few of us have started having them done.

Link here to my ones which were done last week. http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37374&highlight=competition+orange&page=54

Nice mod list you have, looking forwards to seeing the build.
I have been following that there'd VERY closely. Liking what Fortis Auto are doing. I live in Nottingham so 5 odd days without the car plus pick up and drop off is a long time but if I have to do it, I have to do it. There are a few things I have missed off of there like the GT350 steering wheel, LED interior lights, cloth seat covers as I don't like leather, the GT strut etc

Plus there are performance things I want to do as well but the insurance will kill me probably lol:paddle:

Can those that haven't filled in the details on the spreadsheet do so to keep the timings up to date
Will do this in a moment :)

I ordered 2 days before you and have an estimated build date of the 7th March. Although I may bottle it and cancel for a 2018 if Ford don't address the airbag issues I have raised with them.
Enjoy the wait.
I'm going to call my dealership in a week. I didn't expect this so this is awesome to hear. When did you get your VIN?

The biggest issue is everyone saying "When's your car coming?" Every week lol. It's still June, same time as it was last week and the week before lol "oh wow, thought you said April" nope, June hopefully.
Too right, people are like you bought a car which has a 9 to 12month waiting list. You are mad. I'm just like well if you are sensible, you don't buy a Mustang in the first place. Its an emotional decision. Its my dream car. I'm not a fan of Ferrari's et al. American Muscle :love:

Sponsored

snake bite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords of course
Your wait is short compared the the 12 months wait for a car here in Australia. Rest assured your wait is worth it and soon forgotten once it arrives. :thumbsup::ford::headbang:

willisit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Monaro, DeLorean, Viva, S5, 600F
That sucks! Why haven't you driven it much? Is it due to ice roads? I'd just be using this opportunity to run the engine in.
The underseal (or lack thereof) has put me off, along with icy roads and useless tires.

Due to a fair amount of outlay on my wife's car and the house, getting it up to ModUrStang to have the requisite work done hasn't been a priority. I wasn't expecting delivery until about now, so it was very early, so I'm not overly bothered (but I am getting there!)

Matrix2020

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Golf R
Like you, the wait is killing me, its getting worse as I reckon I literally count the days down....
I must be sad but I don't think there has been more than a couple of days since I ordered (June 16) that I have not been thinking about the car!!

Thank god (or should I blame this forum?) for this forum as I have learnt sooooo much before it arrives. Thanks everyone, not sure I would have coped without it!:cheers:

pat_y

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Coupe - Grabber Blue
Retrospectively the wait was actually really quite fun. Supported by a the good folks on this forum. The worst part was knowing it was built and spending around 4 weeks at Baltimore Docks. The shipping live tracking and U.S based ford order tracking system actually helped keep me sane. Collection day is epic and well worth the wait.

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
My basic aim is to get it to look as much like the Apollo edition mustang as I can but with a slight twist. I have family in the US who visit here ofton so they can bring little bits and bobs with them :)
Welcome! Yep, the wait is painful. I honestly don't know what I would have done without this forum, it kept me sane that's for sure!

Nice list of mods and intersting to see you are keen on the Apollo edition stang. I remember seeing a fantastic photo of it when it was released. Really cool looking car. Don't suppose you have the photo anywhere? Would love to see it again!

Look forward to seeing the build progress :cheers:
Sponsored