AdrianMAK

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.makperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 TY Mustang GT Premium
You posted Wagner's testing which isn't consistent with how the factory intercooler actually performs. They show the stock intercooler getting cooler towards the end of the run which everyone knows the stock intercooler continually gets hotter as the pull continues.

If they ended at 117-120° what was the starting temperatures? Is that after a 1-2-3-4 pull, or just a 2-3 pull?

If you are logging IAT2's you can send me over the datalogs and I can graph them for you.
That was measured doing 1-2-3-4 pulls in an Auto Car with 3.31 gears. Starting Temps were 100-102* at the start of the run. Ambient here is usually 85-95*.
Sponsored

OP
OP
AdrianMAK

AdrianMAK

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.makperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
I don't see one of these installed in your build thread?
Or did I miss it?
I probably have not updated our Ecoboost Build Thread, too many things going on at this time of year. Our car is the one this was first installed on at the top of the thread.

Sponsored

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
Have you guys had the opportunity to test/compare the Wagner Evo 2 against the Evo 1?

perfweld

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang
Have you guys had the opportunity to test/compare the Wagner Evo 2 against the Evo 1?
I have ran 3 different intercoolers, the Evo1, the ATM, and the Evo2. Lets just say I have the Evo2 on my car still. Great intercooler for my situation, which is just drive it to the track, race the piss out of it, then drive it home. So far its my favorite of the 3 as far as heat soak sitting in the staging lanes, seems to dissipate the heat the best, I believe its due to the huge core that is not compacted down low. Has really great Charge Temps as well. I have not tested any other intercoolers, so im in no way saying the Evo2 is the best, but I am saying that it really is working great for me.

OP
OP
AdrianMAK

AdrianMAK

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.makperformance.com
Vehicle(s)

dausmus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost PP
Link not working for me

Sponsored
OP
OP
AdrianMAK

AdrianMAK

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.makperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
Link not working for me
What is the particular error you are receiving. I tried on mobile and desktop and it works fine for me and a few other guys in the office.

Tommy556

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I4
I have the Evo 1 in my EB and I'm very satisfied. It's doing a very good job and the build quality is second to none.

perfweld

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang
I have the Evo 1 in my EB and I'm very satisfied. It's doing a very good job and the build quality is second to none.
I really like my EVO1, thats why I bought the EVO2 and it was an even better intercooler for me as I pretty much only Drag Race my car.

Tommy556

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I4
No doubt about that! For a race car with really big power numbers, the EVO 2 is a great choice and money well spent.

ypena02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
I have ran 3 different intercoolers, the Evo1, the ATM, and the Evo2. Lets just say I have the Evo2 on my car still. Great intercooler for my situation, which is just drive it to the track, race the piss out of it, then drive it home. So far its my favorite of the 3 as far as heat soak sitting in the staging lanes, seems to dissipate the heat the best, I believe its due to the huge core that is not compacted down low. Has really great Charge Temps as well. I have not tested any other intercoolers, so im in no way saying the Evo2 is the best, but I am saying that it really is working great for me.
What made you switch out the ATM? Everyone seems to love it.
Sponsored