AdrianMAK

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.makperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 TY Mustang GT Premium
As we did with the Ecoboost F150 back in 2012, as soon as we got our Shop Ecoboost Car we reached out to the guys over at Wagner Tuning. We had great success with their intercooler in our F150, even to the point of claiming the fastest ecoboost truck in the country record for a few years. The current record holder also runs a Wagner Intercooler as well as a few MAK Components, but I digress.

As soon as we spoke with Wagner Tuning, the lets us know they had just received their mustang over in Germany and were just starting development on their stage 1(EVO1) Intercooler. We sat tight and just recently received our EVO1 Intercooler.

Features:
  • Cast Molded Endtanks to remove bottlenecks and improve flow
  • 45% larger frontalarea and 130% more volume compared to the original intercooler
  • Constructed of the highest quality Tube and Fin intercooler cores
  • Anti Corrosion protective Coating with perfect thermal heat dissapating character
  • Plug and Play Installation

Temp Comparison(We confirmed this on the dyno):

Sponsored

OP
OP
AdrianMAK

AdrianMAK

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.makperformance.com
Vehicle(s)

Dspec_S550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Oxford White Mustang Ecoboost

ypena02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
When will these ship?

OP
OP
AdrianMAK

AdrianMAK

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.makperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
The first round should be shipping just before Christmas...

I also just got word that we are also extending our Black Friday sale to this Pre-Sale so you guys can get the good discount now and you will be guaranteed an Intercooler on the first round of shipments.

Sponsored

Brianh922

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang GT PP1
Do these only come in wrinkle black?

OP
OP
AdrianMAK

AdrianMAK

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.makperformance.com
Vehicle(s)

Sponsored

therealdannye

President of Capitol S550
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Deadpool 5.0
I also just got word that we are also extending our Black Friday sale to this Pre-Sale so you guys can get the good discount now and you will be guaranteed an Intercooler on the first round of shipments.
So out of curiosity (because other manufacturers average about $500 for the intercooler itself), is the $800 price tag including the charge kit as well? I'm confused because the package details only show this and that would make for a pretty expensive standalone piece:

Package:
1 Intercooler painted black
1 Mounting material
1 Installation instruction

OP
OP
AdrianMAK

AdrianMAK

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.makperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
So out of curiosity (because other manufacturers average about $500 for the intercooler itself), is the $800 price tag including the charge kit as well? I'm confused because the package details only show this and that would make for a pretty expensive standalone piece:

Package:
1 Intercooler painted black
1 Mounting material
1 Installation instruction
No the kit only includes the intercooler. The reason for the price difference is that the intercooler itself uses a stepped design so there is an additional intercooler core where most other intercoolers only have one core. That alone makes the intercooler more expensive than most. The cast end tanks also take more R&D to execute(Used to remove bottlenecks(pressure drops) and improve airflow through the intercooler).The black thermal coating is also more expensive than bare aluminum.

Wagner is not known for being cheap, but they have demonstrated being one of the best in our experience when it comes to factory replacement units. We have been running their intercoolers since 2011 in the Ecoboost F150 platform, where we have one of the fastest trucks in the country, as well as owned that record for the better part of two years. The fastest truck currently also runs a Wagner Intercooler. We are seeing that same type of performance with the ecoboost mustang.

If you guys have any other questions please feel free to ask.

Tune+

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang Automatic
Any third party results yet? They were supposed to send me one for testing, up until they got really upset I deleted an advertising post in my tech only facebook group. They sent me the raw data from their probe test but it was not accurate to how the car would perform on the street.

This intercooler should perform well based on design and past Wagner experience. However without any further testing it is going to be a hard sell at that price point.

You guys should toss the stock intercooler on your car and do some testing, and hen throw the wagner on. It will give you an advantage over the other "guy" selling it out of his garage.

OP
OP
AdrianMAK

AdrianMAK

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.makperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
Any third party results yet? They were supposed to send me one for testing, up until they got really upset I deleted an advertising post in my tech only facebook group. They sent me the raw data from their probe test but it was not accurate to how the car would perform on the street.

This intercooler should perform well based on design and past Wagner experience. However without any further testing it is going to be a hard sell at that price point.

You guys should toss the stock intercooler on your car and do some testing, and hen throw the wagner on. It will give you an advantage over the other "guy" selling it out of his garage.

We have done that already, in Datalogs we saw IATs improve by 75-80*. IATs with the stock intercooler were 198-200* at the end of a run. With the Wagner they are 117-120*. Just driving around town the difference is noticeable, car is much more responsive at all times.

I though I had posted this in the original post.

Tune+

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang Automatic
We have done that already, in Datalogs we saw IATs improve by 75-80*. IATs with the stock intercooler were 198-200* at the end of a run. With the Wagner they are 117-120*. Just driving around town the difference is noticeable, car is much more responsive at all times.

I though I had posted this in the original post.
You posted Wagner's testing which isn't consistent with how the factory intercooler actually performs. They show the stock intercooler getting cooler towards the end of the run which everyone knows the stock intercooler continually gets hotter as the pull continues.

If they ended at 117-120° what was the starting temperatures? Is that after a 1-2-3-4 pull, or just a 2-3 pull?

If you are logging IAT2's you can send me over the datalogs and I can graph them for you.
Sponsored