Sponsored

Wagner Tuning EVO1 Stepped Intercooler for Ecoboost Mustang

perfweld

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang
What made you switch out the ATM? Everyone seems to love it.
I originally had the EVO1, then tried the ATM as everyone said it was really great , it does work pretty well but seemed to not cool off quickly after a few runs down the track. On the 3rd run it was done if you didnt let the car sit for a long period of time, car would fall off big time. Not saying bad about the ATM intercooler, im just always looking for the best. The Wagner EVO2 seems to be able to be hot lapped more without heat soak, must be due to the huge core out in the open, it cools off really fast, so its my favorite as of now. Charge Air Temp is the lowest with the EVO2 as well, especially after being hot lapped.
Sponsored

Juben

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang (AT) w/PP
I originally had the EVO1, then tried the ATM as everyone said it was really great , it does work pretty well but seemed to not cool off quickly after a few runs down the track. On the 3rd run it was done if you didnt let the car sit for a long period of time, car would fall off big time. Not saying bad about the ATM intercooler, im just always looking for the best. The Wagner EVO2 seems to be able to be hot lapped more without heat soak, must be due to the huge core out in the open, it cools off really fast, so its my favorite as of now. Charge Air Temp is the lowest with the EVO2 as well, especially after being hot lapped.
That's some interesting info. Thanks for posting it. Do you have any logs to show the differences?

Last edited:
OP
OP
AdrianMAK

AdrianMAK

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.makperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 TY Mustang GT Premium

ypena02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Thanks for the info! Have you noticed hotter coolant temps at all?

perfweld

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang
Thanks for the info! Have you noticed hotter coolant temps at all?
Thru the summer, never got hot in traffic even in 105 degree weather, stop and go traffic on the freeway. I drive the car all the time now, coolant temp is never an issue. The EVO 2 is still working great, lots of changes since I first put it on and a good 7k to 8k miles, still love it, don't think ill be changing it out, hard to believe anything else could be better.

Sponsored

Juben

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
Thru the summer, never got hot in traffic even in 105 degree weather, stop and go traffic on the freeway. I drive the car all the time now, coolant temp is never an issue. The EVO 2 is still working great, lots of changes since I first put it on and a good 7k to 8k miles, still love it, don't think ill be changing it out, hard to believe anything else could be better.
Could you post a log showing the Ambient Temp and CATs on a 2-3 pull? I'd be interested in seeing how well it performs. I've been thinking about upgrading to a larger unit.

Slow89

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 sec bolt on ecoboost // 9.2 @ 151 2019 blower GTCS
Could you post a log showing the Ambient Temp and CATs on a 2-3 pull? I'd be interested in seeing how well it performs. I've been thinking about upgrading to a larger unit.
I have the same IC.... Ambient temps were around 89 and before the run CATs were at 102. By the end of the run it was at 96. Only time it has ever heat soaked was a few days ago when I was running errands in stop and go traffic through Los Angeles for 4 hours in 92 degree heat.

Juben

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
I have the same IC.... Ambient temps were around 89 and before the run CATs were at 102. By the end of the run it was at 96. Only time it has ever heat soaked was a few days ago when I was running errands in stop and go traffic through Los Angeles for 4 hours in 92 degree heat.
Do you have any logs? You could delete any other data and just leave those two. A 7° difference at the end of a pull isn't bad at all. I'm trying to get some parts in order so I can get this thing turned up a little bit more.

Slow89

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 sec bolt on ecoboost // 9.2 @ 151 2019 blower GTCS
Do you have any logs? You could delete any other data and just leave those two. A 7° difference at the end of a pull isn't bad at all. I'm trying to get some parts in order so I can get this thing turned up a little bit more.
I don't I always delete my logs after I send them to Jon at Lund. I'll try to do another log this weekend and send it to u.
Sponsored