• NO

Votes: 44 9.9%

• Total voters

MSamuels

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0 Mustang
Meh.. Not a huge fan of any blues. And this one doesn't look much different to me... Grabber blue I love though.

DruidBlack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 GT
Yes, that's true. But Liquid Blue is apparently trickier to do; it's three different colors laid over each other. Hard to say, but it it might have a special metallic in it, too. Sounds like something you'd get at a high-end custom paint shop.

We'll see. I've seen somewhat conflicting reports. One site reported that Ford would consider adding it to the lineup if there was strong positive feedback, another reported that Ford was not likely to add it.
That sounds like marketing talk to me. Why roll out a color on all of your show cars if you're not trying to get feedback. Seems like a missed opportunity.

Meh.. Not a huge fan of any blues. And this one doesn't look much different to me... Grabber blue I love though.
I don't see how you can love Grabber blue and not this one. It's more Grabber than DIB.

AutoMax

Cobra Breeder :)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arkiq.com
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor / 2017 GT500
Bear in mind that details are pretty scarce still. While I'm sure there are some similarities, initial indications are that it's not very similar.

Ford certainly has an interest in accentuating the similarities between the SHO and the DP but some publications covering the show were careful to point out that the GT engine was very different than any other road-going engine. I guess we'll find out for sure a little farther down the road.

From C&D: "The GT's EcoBoost twin-turbocharged, direct-injected 3.5-liter V-6 engine shares far more with the EcoBoost six in Ford's Daytona Prototype LMP2 race car than it does with any roadgoing Ford engine."

In any case, the differences between the GT and Raptor would probably not be simply boost pressure. The engine in the Raptor is surely tuned more specifically for truck/off-road duty.

If there's going to be a new GT500, it would great to see a version of GT mill, but I doubt it would happen. And the V-8 adherents would probably go out of their skulls. Again, we'll just have to wait and see.
The Ford GT’s EcoBoost twin-turbocharged, direct-injected 3.5-liter V-6 engine is different than the 2017 Raptor’s engine, but I wonder by how much exactly besides the presumable 150+/- HP gap?

When I get a 2017 Raptor, I only plan to do mainly highway and city driving, after paying a few hundred for detailing going off of the pavement is not very appealing to me, though I might drive it in the pasture slowly assuming the ground is nice and dry during hey season.

My point is that I’d like a Raptor engine that behaves similar to a Ford GT engine, as that’s how I plan to drive it, like a sports car when weather permits because I also plan to drive it in the winter too.

I also want a new GT500, especially after seeing the Shelby GT because that car doesn’t really do it for me and the GT350 doesn’t come in automatic so that’s out too because I need an automatic this time.

My question is this, what engine do you think the GT500 will have, circle an option below:

1) Ford GT 3.5L TT 600+ HP

2) Mustang GT 5.0L S/C 700+ HP

3 Shelby GT350 5.2 NA tuned 600+ HP

4) Shelby GT350 5.2L S/C 750+ HP

5) Shelby GT350 5.2L TT 800+ HP

6) New unknown engine

Also, will the GT500 be automatic like the Ford GT and Shelby GT with possibly a DCT?

Finally, any chance the GT500 will be AWD to distance itself further from the GT350 in terms of mechanical options?

I agree, most people will not want to see a V6 in the GT500 but I’d be happy to put my dream build GT500 3.5L TT direct injection 600+ HP DCT with AWD against a GT350 5.2L manual RWD setup just for the fun of it on the track or strip.

Thanks for your expertise regarding these questions, your answers will help me to plan how I’ll be handling my new GT500 when they finally rollout. :love:

smitty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang GT Auto, 13 Escape SEL
When I get a 2017 Raptor, I only plan to do mainly highway and city driving, after paying a few hundred for detailing going off of the pavement is not very appealing to me, though I might drive it in the pasture slowly assuming the ground is nice and dry during hey season.

Hey season (as in "how we doin?") season or hay season, which would be the harvest of tall grasses? :shrug: :headbonk: ;)

Last edited:

Sponsored

AutoMax

Cobra Breeder :)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arkiq.com
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor / 2017 GT500

Hey season (as in "how we doin?") season or hay season, which would be the harvest of tall grasses? :shrug: :headbonk: ;)
You got me there on the word, “hay” because I almost never spell that word, now I’ll have to try and remember the correct spelling. :thumbsup:

TRACK CRAZY GT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Mustang GT, 2010 VW GTI, 2016 Mustang GT350
Loving Liquid blue. More of a true blue without the hint of purple I see in DIB. Would also like to see Wimbledon white used on the Shelbys with Guardsman blue stripes.
I agree bring back the original classic Ford colors Wimbledon White with Guardsman blue stripes and Guardsman Blue with white stripes. Maybe we should do a pole on this.:clap2:

ncford

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
I talked to the product manager for the GT350 yesterday at Barrett Jackson he said that the paint has to be sprayed in three different directions which would be very very hard or impossible to do with robots.

rickstang

Rickstang
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
Race Red Ecoboast, auto, 50 Year package
Have race red 2015, which I like, but I would have picked this blue over the red. (I'd gladly pay a premium up charge for it.)

Sponsored

krahooligan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Love the styling!!! I want the front bumper...

DivineStrike

Doomsday
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GTPP, 11 F150 FX4, 07 CBR600RR
I know this thread is ancient but I love this color, so I have to bump it :D :thumbsup::headbang:

Old 5 Oh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium AT
I guess I never commented on this thread. No doubt I would have ordered this color had it been available, especially with Redline. In a hot second.

Souldriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 - Guard GT Prem. PP
I guess I never commented on this thread. No doubt I would have ordered this color had it been available, especially with Redline. In a hot second.
Same, now all i have is to be salty once its on the '17s right after i ordered.
Liquid blue, Redline, Luster nickle wheels on the PP
Sponsored