Sponsored

Virtual Dyno Party - 19' 10R80 GT - Lund E85R vs E85R Cat Delete vs E85R Cat Delete Ported Manifold

BigBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang GT - 10spd Auto, Performance Pack Lvl 1
10R80 Virtual Dyno party. Numbers dont matter really since its just an estimate based on datalogs (doesnt match actual dynos, but gives curve comparisons for power gains). Adjusted for altitude, barometric pressure and temperature and tire height on all runs. Same 3rd gear for all runs, same stretch of road, no traction loss. Ignore the torque peaks as those are from the way the log works, just check out the curve changes. Timing peaks at the same for all, 30.3 degrees via nGauge. Buddy's car, not mine. Car made 455whp / 416wtq SAE in 7th gear, smoothing 5 at a local Dynojet on E85R only for comparison.

Green = Lund E85R only
Blue = Lund E85R plus MAK cat deletes
Red = Lund E85R plus MAK cat deletes plus Junkie1320 ported intake manifold

c_oc=AQk7VglofvVQfMKy9zduPo8g9VC8c4RUaWLDrso4dsxhoJC_pYwFV8R1uqBYZ4ARbzM&_nc_ht=scontent.fatl1-1.jpg
Sponsored

NotMarc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Mach 1
Thanks for posting this, somehow this didn't get much attention but I've been curious on the impact of the ported 18 manifold vs stock 18 manifold on our cars. Also I'm probably going the cat delete route vs long tubes to save money and the easier install.

OP
OP

BigBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for posting this, somehow this didn't get much attention but I've been curious on the impact of the ported 18 manifold vs stock 18 manifold on our cars. Also I'm probably going the cat delete route vs long tubes to save money and the easier install.
Very welcome sir. I didnt care about the numbers themselves but the data verifies what I feel and that is more torque/midrange on the ported mani for sure and some more top end. Of note, I compared a Junkie 1320 mani to the AFS one and they have almost the exact same porting appearance vs OEM. Only difference I saw is that AFS goes a hair deeper into the runners and they also port more than Junkie does around the injector bosses. I actually did not want that much porting around the bosses that AFS does as it makes the plastic very thin. Junkie's was well ported but def enough material left that i was comfortable. The manifold is a no brainer for sure and I would highly recommend it. I dont think you can compare the 15-17 ported 18 gains vs 18 with E85R ported mani gains, it seems much more than 5-7whp.

Also, the other reason i did the deletes vs the headers is the o2 sensor positioning, high up in the mani where they get much hotter and with the correct angle to avoid water/moisture collecting and fouling the sensors, which can happen for sure on longtubes. Cat deletes were a bigger gain than the manifold but together the car is an animal. Added the MMR lightweight water pump pulley with ARP bolts too. Car seems to have a bit better throttle response down low but thats all i noticed really. Looks great though, fabulous quality.

I tried the ported throttle body that AFS sends but it didnt run well despite still being 80mm aperture and Lund wont tune for them fyi. I returned that, but the manifold is a definite boost. Buddy's car made 455whp SAE in 7th gear, smoothing 5 with E85R Lund only on his 2018 GT. We are going to compare mine with the deletes and the ported mani and same tune to his soon so we can see how much cat deletes and ported mani add for an auto. Hoping for 475ish whp SAE in 7th, smoothing 5 on an auto.

NotMarc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Mach 1
Very welcome sir. I didnt care about the numbers themselves but the data verifies what I feel and that is more torque/midrange on the ported mani for sure and some more top end. Of note, I compared a Junkie 1320 mani to the AFS one and they have almost the exact same porting appearance vs OEM. Only difference I saw is that AFS goes a hair deeper into the runners and they also port more than Junkie does around the injector bosses. I actually did not want that much porting around the bosses that AFS does as it makes the plastic very thin. Junkie's was well ported but def enough material left that i was comfortable. The manifold is a no brainer for sure and I would highly recommend it. I dont think you can compare the 15-17 ported 18 gains vs 18 with E85R ported mani gains, it seems much more than 5-7whp.

Also, the other reason i did the deletes vs the headers is the o2 sensor positioning, high up in the mani where they get much hotter and with the correct angle to avoid water/moisture collecting and fouling the sensors, which can happen for sure on longtubes. Cat deletes were a bigger gain than the manifold but together the car is an animal. Added the MMR lightweight water pump pulley with ARP bolts too. Car seems to have a bit better throttle response down low but thats all i noticed really. Looks great though, fabulous quality.

I tried the ported throttle body that AFS sends but it didnt run well despite still being 80mm aperture and Lund wont tune for them fyi. I returned that, but the manifold is a definite boost. Buddy's car made 455whp SAE in 7th gear, smoothing 5 with E85R Lund only on his 2018 GT. We are going to compare mine with the deletes and the ported mani and same tune to his soon so we can see how much cat deletes and ported mani add for an auto. Hoping for 475ish whp SAE in 7th, smoothing 5 on an auto.

That's good info about how the porting is handled. Did you send your stock manifold out or buy a second one? I'm not keen on the car being down waiting for one to come in.

Also I've been following the Long Tube Header moisture issues others have had. Cat-deletes just make the most sense to me. Do you have any audio clips of it? I'm going to be running stock exhaust + H-pipe resonator only, and am curious how loud it will really be.

OP
OP

BigBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That's good info about how the porting is handled. Did you send your stock manifold out or buy a second one? I'm not keen on the car being down waiting for one to come in.

Also I've been following the Long Tube Header moisture issues others have had. Cat-deletes just make the most sense to me. Do you have any audio clips of it? I'm going to be running stock exhaust + H-pipe resonator only, and am curious how loud it will really be.
I would definitely get a new manifold and add the passenger side Ford catch can at the same time to keep the mani clean and dry from the get go. I would order the manifold from Steeda, have them ship to Bret or Junkie directly from Steeda, then they can port it and ship to you. Much easier than you re-routing it around.

One clip below of this type of setup exactly (in car pull). Setup has the Magnaflow resonated x pipe in the middle, stock non-active mufflers and the deletes. Sounds incredible, basically zero rasp, no drone really and awesome tone. If you delete the stock resonator (or even with it), its pitchier and raspier for sure. The magnaflow x is a godsend for tone on these cars. Of note, i did add two vibrant flex sections (turboflex pipes) to the cat deletes to avoid any rattles or loosening clamps/etc.

20+ 1st gear pull in-car:

Sponsored

VooDooDaddy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium
A Magnaflow or Borla resonated X-pipe is an absolute must with cat-deletes!!!

NotMarc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Mach 1
@BigBlue I watched that video and the others on your YouTube. Any chance you have any exterior vids of sound? I really like the idea of the resonated pipe to possibly replace the H to keep it tame. Does it still overrun/burble/pop on deceleration?

OP
OP

BigBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@BigBlue I watched that video and the others on your YouTube. Any chance you have any exterior vids of sound? I really like the idea of the resonated pipe to possibly replace the H to keep it tame. Does it still overrun/burble/pop on deceleration?
I will get you a video today of the exterior sound.
Sponsored