Viking Shock Squeak/Creeking

Angry50

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
I just installed BMR lockout CB005, Vertical links, and Viking B358AM shocks. it sounds like the shocks are occasionally making a creeking type of noise.

I want to make sure this is normal, i know installing them it seem you have to push them in place which seems to put tension on them.

Would anyone be able to tell me if this sounds right or if im dumb enough to mess up a shock install.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Angry50

Angry50

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
anyone else notice the tension and/or sound when installing the shocks? this isnt a rattle like some talk about.

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
What vertical links did you install?

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Magnetic Premium PP 50AP
It's not likely to be the shocks making a squeaking or creaking noise. That is more likely to be a bushing. Did you use Energy Suspension lube generously on those parts like the vertical links? If not, I'd start there. Also look on the forum here for Kelly's post on clocking the bushings.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Angry50

Angry50

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
It's not likely to be the shocks making a squeaking or creaking noise. That is more likely to be a bushing. Did you use Energy Suspension lube generously on those parts like the vertical links? If not, I'd start there. Also look on the forum here for Kelly's post on clocking the bushings.
I thought clocking bushings was for lowering the car. Im on stock springs. i am not aware of energy suspension lube. Youre supposed to lube vertical links?

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
I thought clocking bushings was for lowering the car. Im on stock springs. i am not aware of energy suspension lube. Youre supposed to lube vertical links?
Sorry about that, for some reason I thought you lowered too. Yes, I would definitely lube the vertical links but ask BMR for their recommendation.

OP
OP
Angry50

Angry50

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
Sorry about that, for some reason I thought you lowered too. Yes, I would definitely lube the vertical links but ask BMR for their recommendation.
Get this lube from auto parts store? where specifically does the lube go? none of the instructions mentioned lube.

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
Get this lube from auto parts store? where specifically does the lube go? none of the instructions mentioned lube.
Like I said, I'd check with BMR to get their recommendation. I have the Steeda S550 Mustang Billet Aluminum Vertical Links with Polyurethane Bushings (2015-2018 All). You could always use Steeda's instructions or call BMR. Personally, even if BMR said not to, I still would. You can get that lube just about anywhere. Quick Google search I see it at Auto Zone for $6 for 3 small tubes. 1 tube will be plenty.

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, 2010 GT500, 2019 F-150 5.0
It could be the shocks, or it could be the vertical links, or something else unrelated.

If the installation is fresh, I doubt it is the vertical links. We have revised our designs and tested them rigorously to ensure minimal NVH. The TCA047 would be the most prone to NVH, but the TCA046 is on the money with the bearing on the lower mount, now.

Double adjustable twin tube shocks can and will make some noises. Its inevitable.

If you post a vid I would be happy to assist.

OP
OP
Angry50

Angry50

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
I removed the vertical links and put the bump stops and dust shield on the viking shocks. still making noise and all thats installed is cb005 lockout kit and viking shocks. seems to be the shocks. i am not sure if this is just the nature of the shock and that its under a tension as you have to push them into place.
Sponsored