UPRSteve

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.uprproducts.com
Vehicle(s)
15 GT
When a new car such as the 2015 Mustang hits the streets..... Shops, manufacturer's and customers want to get their hands on it like yesterday. With the continuing development of this vehicle, we take what we can when it arrives.

We all love how these new cars are handling but like all mustang owners, we want more! One thing to me that is one of the most important parts to changing and perfecting how they drive is the suspension. You can have all the power in the world but a proper suspension / chassis will change everything. Which in return brings me to a simple mod that our good friends from ViKING Performance have just released.

The 2015 Mustang Double Adjustable Rear Shocks:

With a pretty simple swap, I jumped on these very quickly once they were released. I also wanted to show everyone how easy of an install they are as well. Now, we did this on a lift with air tools so it did help the time frame which was no more then an hour. You can do it on jack stands though with hand tools. I recommend having someone helping you hold bolts in place.

Below is some pictures on what is needed to be done to swap out the stock shocks for the Viking's. I went with the Warrior version for a couple reasons. 1, being its a street car that will never see over 700hp that is daily driven. 2, these will provide everything I need, and 3, most cost efficient.

Now before I get into the actual removal and install.... Do note that you DO NOT NEED TO ACCESS ANYTHING IN THE TRUNK. I made the mistake of pulling it apart and realizing it didn't need to be. LOL

So to start this, simply get the car linged up on a lift and raise it up

Once you get it to a good level point that works for you, go ahead and remove the wheels. (one side at a time if your doing it on jackstands)

Once the wheel is off, you can see 2 of the 5 bolts that will be removed to pull the factory shock out. ( NOTE --- You will NOT need anything to support the housing or spindle)

First thing you want to do is loosen and remove the nut on the top of the actual shock which holds it to the shock mount. You will need to put a wrench to hold the nut and shock so it doesn't free spin.

Once you remove the top nut, you will remove the 2 that bolt that bolt to the spring perch on the bottom. Have a wrench on the inside to hold the nut in place and remove the bolt from the bottom

Once you have those 3 removed, you can take the bolts that are connecting the shock mount to the frame off.

You will be able to remove the shock and mount without any issues now

(you do not need to remove the dust boot of the shock for the new one)

Once It's time to install the new viking shock, you will simple just set it in place where the holes on the spring perch line up with the tabs on the shock

When using the new hardware that comes with the shocks, your going to want to feed it from the bottom and tighten the nut. (Its easy to secure the nut on the top side by sliding it through the spring perch)

Just make sure the bolts are lines up properly and tighten down into place

Once it is mounted there, you can slide the shock mount over the top side and get ready to mount it back to the frame

All you have to do his make sure the bracket is on the correct way and use the mounting bolts to secure it back to the frame

Using the nut that the shocks came with, tighten it on the top side of the shaft securing it to the mount

And once it's tightened down

Once this it tighten up, double check everything and make sure it is 100% secure and tighten. (Their is no torque specs)

And that is it!

From here, you can now adjust the shock to what you want. It comes with a guideline to help you decide where you want it to be. I HIGHLY recommend that if your a street car, you set it to the street settings. I personally set it up to the HANDLING adjustments and on the street and it was to much for driving around. Mine is set to 3C & 5R and it drives amazing. Completely changed the ride.

Here is picture of the chart that Viking Provides:

Once you have finished, go ahead and repeat to the following side. Once secured and the wheels are set, go ahead and drive the car.

Parts Used: Viking Double Adjustable Rear Shocks - Warrior
Parts Installed at: UPR Products

UPR is a stocking dealer for these shocks and can be purchased over the phone or on our website:

Phone Number: 561-588-6630

Website: http://www.uprproducts.com/2015-mustang-suspension.html
Sponsored

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT, '20 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Really well done DIY guide, thank you! Any first driving impressions you care to share?

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
Great write-up!! Thanks for taking the time to do this.

jc1804

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB PP 50th Race red
how did it change the characteristics. night & day or somewhere in between.
stiffer or floating more?

thanks for the time to write it up

OP
OP
UPRSteve

UPRSteve

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.uprproducts.com
Vehicle(s)
15 GT
Really well done DIY guide, thank you! Any first driving impressions you care to share?
I had it set on the "handling" set up and I honestly was not to happy with driving it on the street. On a open track I could deff say it would have helped. When I re-adjusted it was like night and day on how it drove. Your going to want to keep it soft for the street and harder for anything track-use

Great write-up!! Thanks for taking the time to do this.
No problem. :headbang::headbang:

how did it change the characteristics. night & day or somewhere in between.
stiffer or floating more?

thanks for the time to write it up
Not so much floating. But it just felt smoother when it was set to this setting I did. Now I am running Eibach Pro-Kit springs so the ride was already altered from factory but now with these shocks, HUGE difference.

Sponsored

Triple Wile E

Paxton'd Wile E
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shane
Vehicle(s)
2015 TYPP Mustang GT
I have the Viking Crusaders and I can say they did make a huge difference my car stays at the track and I can say they are well worth the money. You can check out the vids of it on track duty.

Wastedslayer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
On your site is it a pair of shocks, or just a single? Didnt see it specified.

OP
OP
UPRSteve

UPRSteve

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.uprproducts.com
Vehicle(s)
15 GT
On your site is it a pair of shocks, or just a single? Didnt see it specified.

The price is set for each one. It does NOT come as a pair unless you select 2 in the checkout box. :cheers:

DR_

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
like a complete jerk
Why no bump stops or dust boots?

OP
OP
UPRSteve

UPRSteve

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.uprproducts.com
Vehicle(s)
15 GT
Why no bump stops or dust boots?

The Viking's shock design do not required to run them. The factory boot will not fit over the top as well.

Sponsored

Stangnut

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt BHG
Anyone on here with stock springs install these? (Or any other shocks) Looking to get rid of the bouncy ride in my non-PP GT. Since some have said their lowering springs helped and I'm not willing to lower my car, I'm only interested in how these shocks affect the ride of stock springs. Thanks.

FiveO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Im installing the viking 258 with stock springs and a few other bmr parts sat morning. Standing by for bmr springs. I will let you know. I imagine it will be fine.

rio16

MAD_50HH
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rio
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Whippled Competition Orange
thanks steve... this will be on my mod list.. thanks for doing this great...

Mikeyd56

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black Mustang GT Premium PP
I was looking for new shocks for my eibach pro kit springs. debating if I should just wait for koni yellows.

OP
OP
UPRSteve

UPRSteve

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.uprproducts.com
Vehicle(s)
15 GT
These double adjustable will out due any other shock on the market. These will completely change the ride quality on a stock or lowering spring. It's all in how you set the Compression and Rebound.
Sponsored