UPRSteve

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.uprproducts.com
Vehicle(s)
15 GT
I've got some questions about these shocks in an autocross application. The car would be used in SCCA F Street class and two rules could trip up the use of these depending on their dimensions. Any chance someone has the answer to these questions:

1. Is the extended length of the shock +/-1" of the OEM shock?

2. I saw a comment that these shocks don't require a bumpstop but Street category rules require one if the car came with one. Is the bumpstop built into the shock? Could one be installed on the shaft and have the same, or slightly less, travel as the OEM setup?

Thanks!
These shocks are stock length so theirs no worry there

2. These do not use the factory snubber and dust boot. When they go through the upper mount that connects to the frame. That will act as your new bump stock.

The Warriors will be more then enough for autocross.
Sponsored

OP
OP
UPRSteve

UPRSteve

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.uprproducts.com
Vehicle(s)
15 GT
At your power level Id suggest the crusaders but that's me. I'm shooting for 700 myself after I get all my suspension done.

Unless your a 700+ drag car, the warriors will be more then fine.

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
Ordered my Warrior Vikings yesterday after talking to Kelly [emoji41] I will be at 700 rwhp after my headers are installed next week and with the kind of driving he thought they would work just fine for me. Thanks again for your help Kelly I really appreciate it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jc1804

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB PP 50th Race red
hope they work as advertised :).
just ordered my warriors with 4th discount.
now its like waiting for christmas

Sponsored

jc1804

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB PP 50th Race red
Installed the Vikings today with the help of this article, thanks Steve; the stock nut on top of the shock is 15mm as are the bolts on the underneath of the shock "cradle"; the 2 large bolts that hold the top shock brace on are 18mm.

There are no directions-arguably not needed-but every other shock I have ever installed either had a wrap around the shaft to hold it down and you snipped the wrap when installing which allowed the shaft to expand or you pushed down and twisted on the shaft to get it to expand...well, with the Viking neither applies, you have to muscle the shaft out of the body and set it to the stock shock length before installing it onto the car. I guess it did not matter which what the supplied nuts/bolts oriented when installing them, I put the head of the bolt in from the top.

For the supplied nuts/bolts they are 9/16 and there were 2 nuts for the top of the shock, I used the thicker of the two, I saw no reason to double nut the top.....
the second nut is a "jam nut" it keeps the other (both) from loosening. Well worth it to have it in place.

I've had mine on for a few days & I'm sold. just wish they had struts available, maybe soon. mine are set 3C 5R & I like it. Springs next I think

greg hazlett

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Fusion Sport
That's what Viking said when I called to ask what they were for so I put them on.

I seem to have more noise from the rear now and every now and then I swear I feel extra bouncing/shimming.....

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
Is anyone else getting rattling from the shocks? I have warriors installed and I'm getting rattling from the shaft/threaded end tapping against the upper strut mount. I think it's because it goes up and through at a slight angle. I have confirmed it is the shocks because when I swapped back to factory shocks the noise is gone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tweezy7

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tyler
Vehicle(s)
17'GT on Order
This is a great write up thanks! Quick question and this may be a given but will these work with any spring combination ? Linear or Progressive ?