Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, 2010 GT500, 2019 F-150 5.0
What we have here is a pre-production Viking Performance B358AP DA Rear Shock for the S550 Mustangs. This is not the same valving as the traditional Viking Shocks that many of the fastest drag strip cars run, the valving (specifically the Rebound) is much more aggressive on these "AP" models, compared to the Crusader Street/Strip shock, in an effort to make a very affordable Double Adjustable shock for handling duty. We will be using these this weekend at the track, and I assume they will work very well for us, especially compared to the OEM Performance Pack Shocks that we removed from the car. We are also testing out several spring and bar combinations, including some that are already out there and being used. ;)

Sponsored

OP
OP
BMR Tech

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
I know! Working on it!

Nazgul

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 15 GT PP
Viking isn't really known for their "handling" characteristics, more of a drag shock iirc. Is bmr gonna do their own?

If not konis or bilstein for me!

OP
OP
BMR Tech

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
Viking isn't really known for their "handling" characteristics, more of a drag shock iirc. Is bmr gonna do their own?

If not konis or bilstein for me!
We will not be offering our own dampers anytime in the near future.

And I hear ya. That doesn't really mean anything other than the fact that they don't get promoted for handling use. That will slowly change. These AP series shocks will kick the $hlt out of the dampers you mentioned, and I don't even have to test them to tell you that.

Enjoy your single adjustable, and non adjustable heavy steel dampers though :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Sponsored

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
I know! Working on it!
I'm gonna keep bugging you until you hate me so much you just send me a complete set for free to SHUT ME UP! :lol::headbang:

We will not be offering our own dampers anytime in the near future.

And I hear ya. They doesn't really mean anything other than the fact that they don't get promoted for handling use. That will slowly change. These AP series shocks will kick the $hlt out of the dampers you mentioned, and I don't even have to test them to tell you that.

Enjoy your single adjustable, and non adjustable heavy steel dampers though :thumbsup:

I do my best to rep the Viking DA shocks on my 2011 but they're only for the rear so it's hard for me to say they improve my handling all by themselves. I can say definitively, however, that their ride quality and ability to hook at a launch is AMAZING!

OP
OP
BMR Tech

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
I can take orders, and get these shipped right now actually.

http://www.bmrsuspension.com/?page=products&vehicleid=24&maincatid=113&catid=411&childid=412

I decided to go ahead and offer them (AP handling version), as I do not think there will be any issues with them. Worst case, they can be revalved....but it won't need it. The crew at Viking, and our crew at BMR, have been doing this for over 20 years.

The B258 are good to go, I tested them already.

The B358AM are good to go, I currently run them and they work well.

The B358AP are good to go, we have used them (the valving) on the street, but not the road course yet.

Sponsored
OP
OP
BMR Tech

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
BMR.

We do have some sportlines that we may test, but I don't like the geometry with them on the car honestly. We had them on the car for about a month just checking them out.

bigspoondude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Scion xB
BMR.

We do have some sportlines that we may test, but I don't like the geometry with them on the car honestly. We had them on the car for about a month just checking them out.
What spring would you personally pair with it? I like the drop of the Sportlines but would likely go with something more like the Steeda progressive springs.

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
What spring would you personally pair with it? I like the drop of the Sportlines but would likely go with something more like the Steeda progressive springs.

BMR makes their own springs.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.