Sponsored

Viking crusaders KellTrac rear shocks noise going over bumps?

2004mustanggt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Grand Cherokee
I just installed a set on my 23 last week and noticed noise coming from the passenger side rear side. I just checked them all over and torque them to spec but still hear the noise. I do know these are not quiet shocks just seeing if anybody has any ideas thank you in advance.
Sponsored

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
I have KellTrac Ultra Spec Inverted double Adjustsble Vikings on my 2019 Bullitt. Mine have the T-bar mounts and they are noisy. I expected this though, as he listed a disclaimer in his product description.

Aside from the noise, how are they working for you? I’m still trying to find the setting that my car likes best. It takes time.

Have you tried white lithium spray to see if that helps quiet them down a bit?

OP
OP

2004mustanggt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Grand Cherokee
I have KellTrac Ultra Spec Inverted double Adjustsble Vikings on my 2019 Bullitt. Mine have the T-bar mounts and they are noisy. I expected this though, as he listed a disclaimer in his product description.

Aside from the noise, how are they working for you? I’m still trying to find the setting that my car likes best. It takes time.

Have you tried white lithium spray to see if that helps quiet them down a bit?
yes, these are the same exact shocks that I put on my car. I do know about the t bar at the bottom and I know it has some noise but you would figure that you would hear it from both sides. Just not the passenger side. Right now I have them set at zero and one for street driving use have not tried it at the track yet. When I put the tea bar together, I put some lube on it but not white lithium grease.

Kingballer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
16 Magnetic Whipple GTPP (totaled), 22 Oxford GTPP
I had squeaky Viking shocks, when I reached out to them they recommended Marine Grease. I never tried it tho. Shocks seemed to get quieter over time. That car has since been totaled.

Sponsored

Magony15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GTPP Base/Prem, 2009 Ram 1500
It always sounds like it is the passenger side with the noise but it's actually both sides. Sloppy tolerances in Viking's spherical bearings are the reason. It's a shame because it's a good concept. No binding like you get with rubber bushings.

S550 Recon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
'22 CF150
Send KellTrac an email and they'll send you out some "low NVH" bushings at no cost.

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Are the new bushings made of Delrin or polyurethane?
Sponsored