Sponsored

Video: Shelby GT350 Ordering Info - Ford addressing GT350 use & heat issues

wimend

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AG GT 350 Tech Package
Here the skinny, the people that ordered the base and tech pack were more concerned with the radio and seats. Can't blame anyone else for your choices. When a option says "track pack" it means just that. When it says tech pack well then your getting the technology and not a track pack, and base. well your getting the basics. It's easy. The only thing I wish ford did was on the track pack cars would be to make the AC. Radio. And back seat optional. And on the R keep the carbon wheels, spoiler and splitter gt350r specific. With no other options. I would buy a bare bones R or a stripped down track pack in a heartbeat. I have a track pack and I would of loved to have been able to order it without AC and radio and back seat. I installed the R RSD but since the AC and radio are already their ill keep them. I don't even listen to the radio. The engine is all the sound I need.

What to "ass"u"me". Not everybody ordered their car and being that a lot of dealers ordered tech packs, that's what people ended up buying.
Sponsored

gravedgr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Considering the timing Thursday 2/25, this video looks likes Fords first response to the various versions and how they were designed to be used.
Possibly the first steps to addressing the overheating issues . . . can't tell if this is good or bad for the Tech Pack owners.
Would have been more valuable if this was released 8 -10 months ago.

That video is so full of shit. Saying a customer would never want the track pack AND tech pack? Acting like you can just order whatever you want, as if there aren't specific allocations for R vs. non-R models.

:tsk:

gravedgr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Everyone is entitled to thier own viewpoint. So for the sake of discussion, why would you buy a tech package if you intended to use it for the track? Why didn't you go with a track package and get the electronics option? I'm guessing that you bought the car not for what it was, but because that version is what was available. I wound up with a track pack because that's what was available. As much as I would like to have all the gadgets and gizmos, I'm not going to get upset based upon the choice I made based on what was available. With any luck, maybe you might see kits to solve the problem. However don't get pissed at Ford for a decision that was made by the buyer. My .02 of a buck.
You must trailer your car to the track, right? Because why would you buy a track pack car if you ever plan to drive it on the street? :crazy:

Stupid strawman remains stupid.

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853
Just for the record, I did not say the engine cooler and tower brace were a mid-year change. I said they were included from the start on all cars, whether or not they were described in the early marketing materials. Since I ordered my car on the day the Ordering Guide came out, I remember thinking the inclusion of those pieces on all GT 350s was a nice surprise.

I hope Ford will surprise me again by having included the tranny and diff coolers on my '16 Tech, which was completed this week and is awaiting shipment!
Seems we're on the same page. Here's to hoping for a quick resolution. BTW, coolers or not, you're gonna love the car.

montreal ponies

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
‘17 Ruby red GT350
I wish their was a FP reprentative on these forums, some sort of official spokesman from Ford to chime in and keep us up to date on any issues/ resolutions whether it be Shelby's/ S550's are having.

I guess i can keep dreaming but didn't Camaro5 had one at one point ?

Last edited:

Sponsored

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood
What to "ass"u"me". Not everybody ordered their car and being that a lot of dealers ordered tech packs, that's what people ended up buying.
Good point.
But I did say "ordered"

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Everyone is entitled to thier own viewpoint. So for the sake of discussion, why would you buy a tech package if you intended to use it for the track? Why didn't you go with a track package and get the electronics option? I'm guessing that you bought the car not for what it was, but because that version is what was available. I wound up with a track pack because that's what was available. As much as I would like to have all the gadgets and gizmos, I'm not going to get upset based upon the choice I made based on what was available. With any luck, maybe you might see kits to solve the problem. However don't get pissed at Ford for a decision that was made by the buyer. My .02 of a buck.

Do you even understand the option structure of this car? You statement makes it obvious that you don't.

The electronics package was only available on the R not the GT350 base or tech.

So one could not get the Track Package and simply add the electronics package.

2016 GT350 Magnetic w/Black Stripes / Black Roof /Tech Package Build January, ETA March (US Port), Germany Apr, under MSRP

wimend

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AG GT 350 Tech Package
Video: Shelby GT350 Ordering Info - Ford addressing GT350 use & heat issues

Good point.
But I did say "ordered"

Touché. I for example, didn't have a choice. I'm stationed overseas and one of the original winners of a raffle they did for military dropped out, I got the call, picked up his order, but too late to switch any options. I knew that the Tech pack wouldn't run all day like the track pack, but I never imagined it would overheat so quickly.

Last edited:

Spa2k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You don’t want to know
Seems we're on the same page. Here's to hoping for a quick resolution. BTW, coolers or not, you're gonna love the car.
I would say we are. I'm just tired of people taking things out of context, repeating unsubstantiated rumors and drawing ridiculous conclusions before any facts are in.

Obviously, something is going on when some GT 350s hit the track and have issues. I want to see real data downloads from dealers, and a real analysis from Ford. Until then, we don't know if there's a software glitch, a parts problem, a lack of parts problem, a misunderstanding of how the cars can be used or anything else. There might be a recall, there might be a customer satisfaction campaign or there might be nothing. It's not like having a car arrive at a dealership looking like it was painted on the first day of a high school shop class where the problems and solutions are obvious. The limping problem will take some time to analyze and correct.

Sponsored

montreal ponies

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
‘17 Ruby red GT350
You can bet Ford is here and reading, just not saying anything.
I know they are, but i wish they'd speak out and let people know what is going on. In these times of social media, they could do better. That's frustrating. :frusty:

84venom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Cobra R, 2016 GT350 TP DIB w/White Stripes
I have been following this mustang from inception. Watching the launch with the new body you all new what you were getting from the get go then the hoo la la came when the shelby came along. Personally I have been waiting for the one up from the GT and so this is how it lines up now looks according to the marketing video.
1. Ecoboost
2. v6
3. GT
4.a GT350 base
4.b GT350 Track
4.c GT350 tech
4.d GT350 R
4.e GT350 R electronic

kind of ridiculous to call out 5 variations of the GT350..... looks like alot of back peddling from Ford IMO.
I'd have to argue with you on 1 and 2! I think the ecoboost is a better performer with more tunability.... Don't get too hung up on the number of cylinders.

GT350R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'07 GT500
Propaganda. Agreed it was made for the dealers but that's no excuse for building a SHELBY of any model level that has a limp mode built in that seems to be triggered when driving it hard-track or street. Per the video and real life, all levels of the GT350 have same drive train, brakes. As a Tech owner, I got a "bonus and unadvertised" aluminum cross brace AND an engine oil cooler when my car was delivered. (By the way, as I was placing order with my dealer last June, I was repeatedly told NO coolers would be available on my Tech Pkg Shelby.) What was the decision making process around that? The video implies that the GT350 and GT350R are equally available and that is not the case. IF the '17s all come standard with the three coolers, we will know Ford knows they *ucked up by not making all three available on '15 & '16 base/tech models. Demand remedy! For those that say buyer beware, remember this is supposed to be a S-H-E-L-B-Y.
Thanks for posting the video GT Dave....
Bottom line why would you buy a non track ready version and track the car. The limp mode =engine fail safe. The car clearly isn't a track car if it has all those amenities. You chose the daily driver. I could see how you could blame the dealer for misleading you.
Don't you guys remember the gt500 perf pack and base. Available for years. Nobody seemed to complained about that.

mattlqx

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'22 Mach 1, '16 F-150, '14 Fiesta ST, '14 Audi A7
Bottom line why would you buy a non track ready version and track the car. The limp mode =engine fail safe. The car clearly isn't a track car if it has all those amenities. You chose the daily driver. I could see how you could blame the dealer for misleading you.
Don't you guys remember the gt500 perf pack and base. Available for years. Nobody seemed to complained about that.
Stop this idiotic argument.

I don't recall any Miatas with "Track packages". Guess all those should get off the tracks across America.

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Stop this idiotic argument.

I don't recall any Miatas with "Track packages". Guess all those should get off the tracks across America.

THANK YOU!!! Where is it written that trans and diff coolers are required to enter a track.

2016 GT350 Magnetic w/Black Stripes / Black Roof /Tech Package Build January, ETA March (US Port), Germany Apr, under MSRP
Sponsored