Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang HHP
  • Banned
Hello. My neighbors kid, is into cars, and just bought a fairly nice vehicle and because I have more than a few classic cars and the s550 and other new breed muscle. He asked how to care for his rides interior and paint.
I frankly suck explaining things, or explaining why, how, or teaching as I have a short fuse at times.
Is there a good video(s) That show him, explain to him but not go over his head as a young newbie?
He watched me, cut and buff a new painted car, but asked a bunch of questions and frankly, I just do it the way my dad did it. So I can't answer his questions.
Any help here?
I've helped him rebuild his last cars engine and transmission but I could answer questions on that, unlike the paint/body /interior that the reply will be, well it is how I was shown.. That isn't much help to this kid.
Try'n to help the next generation of petroheads. and I know when to seek better outlets than I to help him.
Sponsored

jd_cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Ingot Silver
Autogeekonline.net is where I learned everything 10+ years ago. Everyone on the forum was pretty helpful as well if I ever had questions.

Hoofer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Boz
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Vert, PP1, MagneRide, ActiveExhaust, B&O
Hello. My neighbors kid, is into cars, and just bought a fairly nice vehicle and because I have more than a few classic cars and the s550 and other new breed muscle. He asked how to care for his rides interior and paint.
I frankly suck explaining things, or explaining why, how, or teaching as I have a short fuse at times.
Is there a good video(s) That show him, explain to him but not go over his head as a young newbie?
He watched me, cut and buff a new painted car, but asked a bunch of questions and frankly, I just do it the way my dad did it. So I can't answer his questions.
Any help here?
I've helped him rebuild his last cars engine and transmission but I could answer questions on that, unlike the paint/body /interior that the reply will be, well it is how I was shown.. That isn't much help to this kid.
Try'n to help the next generation of petroheads. and I know when to seek better outlets than I to help him.
Good for you! We need the new generation to get into and support our hobby and lifestyle.

As JD mentioned above, Autogeek is great. Sooo many products out there.

Over the past 3 years, I've really grown to like Griots Garage products. I especially like their Ceramic Speed Shine and Ceramic 3-In-1 Wax. The Ceramic 3-In-1 Wax works wonderful on my house windows. They have a bunch of DIY videos too.
Top left menu button:

IMG_4541.jpeg

https://www.griotsgarage.com/?code=...MIisSf_5m4_gIV-BWtBh3Jpw_2EAAYASAAEgKagPD_BwE

Oh, and for exterior trim, Cerakote is awesome. So easy to use, and outperforms any product I've ever used. There's an excellent application video in the last swipe to the right.

https://www.amazon.com/CERAKOTE-Ceramic-Trim-Coat-Kit/dp/B07SHJVK4G

Kirkland MF towels are also very good. Sometimes you can also purchase them at Costco.

https://www.amazon.com/Kirkland-Signature-Ultra-Microfiber-Towels/dp/B00DQXOSV0/ref=mp_s_a_1_2?crid=356AJIOFTL9ET&keywords=kirkland+towels+microfiber&qid=1681986140&sprefix=kirkland+towels,aps,125&sr=8-2

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
Two really good channels for tutorial content, both of which are very good at breaking down what, how and WHY they are doing something.

Car Craft -
(194) Car Craft Auto Detailing - YouTube

AMMO NYC -
(194) AMMO NYC - YouTube

In both cases, there is absolutely no ego or showmanship going on, the car and the process are the stars and not the presenter. Too often, content is more about generating "like and subscribes" to therefore income rather than producing quality, informative information.

WItoTX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Companies I have followed/used that have really good how to's:

Chemical Guys
Adams
Jay Leno
A half dozen local shops

They cover dang near everything related to cleaning/upkeep on the cosmetic items on a car. Including youtube video's, where I learned the stuff I do. I am no professional though.
Sponsored