Sponsored

Vicrez GT500 Hood for 2018+ Mustang! (journal)

MCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium
I ordered it through American Muscle
Nice, yeah I looked at them too as I've ordered stuff from them before but this was my obstacle LOL

1654545438014.png
Sponsored

MCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium
Ohhhhhhhhh I checked in with the body shop today. The body work is done. They are priming the bottom and tomorrow will prime the top then let it bake over the weekend and hopefully spray next week! I'm getting EXCITED!!!

Delz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rik
Vehicle(s)
2020 gt premium
How much are they charging you guys to get your hood painted?

MCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium
Yes i switch everything from stock Hood to the new Hood
Sooooooooooooo? How did it turn out man? You've been quiet for a bit? Did you get the washer nozzles on? The Bodyshop said the repair work is done and they had it primer sprayed on Thursday and Friday, are letting it cure over the weekend and then will be painting it this week.

Sadly, the entire cost is coming out of pocket but it is what it is. At least it will be perfect and my lesson was definitely learned on buying a FREIGHT product in the USA as well as from a certain supplier who shall remain nameless.

How much are they charging you guys to get your hood painted?
You are in the USA so my quote won't mean much to you but I think for the hood to be painted and installed it's like $1100.00 CDN. A further $1000.00 for them to fix the damage that was done to the hood during international shipping.

Lbj

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang GT. A10 auto
MCS
I haven't worked on it and Know i can't get the washer Nozzle on all the way i need to modify them . but i did get the rain tray on

Screenshot_20220612-212910_Gallery.jpg

Reactions: MCS

Sponsored

MCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium
MCS
I haven't worked on it and Know i can't get the washer Nozzle on all the way i need to modify them . but i did get the rain tray on

Screenshot_20220612-212910_Gallery.jpg
Nice man! Looking SHARP.

The Bodyshop emailed me some pics today for my own Journey. Of which I am sure I will be posting. I had a whole thread but removed it due a pending dispute of charges.

Here she is being repaired and prepped for paint which should start today actually. All the dents are out as is the rough grinding on the metal.

IMG_0572.JPG

IMG_0579.JPG

topprimer.jpg

topprimer1.jpg

MCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium
Looking good so
Thanks. We will see how the finished product turns out. @TrackMustang sent me one of his plastic doohickies (faux hood pin buttons). Which way did you mount the double-sided tape? Red side up?

I don't think mine even came with instructions and it's unlikely that Vicrez will cooperate with me in any way shape or form after recent events.

sabtaj1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 Mustang GT, 1965 Fairlane 500 wagon
Thanks. We will see how the finished product turns out. @TrackMustang sent me one of his plastic doohickies (faux hood pin buttons). Which way did you mount the double-sided tape? Red side up?

I don't think mine even came with instructions and it's unlikely that Vicrez will cooperate with me in any way shape or form after recent events.
Really doesn’t matter on which side is which. But they are angled so you just have to make sure you get the angle in the cup correctly. I actually got a roll of thinner (thickness) and didn’t use the ones supplied as I felt it stuck them out farther than I liked. Had to put strips on the plastic pieces then trimmed with a razor blade.

Sponsored

MCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium
Really doesn’t matter on which side is which. But they are angled so you just have to make sure you get the angle in the cup correctly. I actually got a roll of thinner (thickness) and didn’t use the ones supplied as I felt it stuck them out farther than I liked. Had to put strips on the plastic pieces then trimmed with a razor blade.
Do you have a link to the product? I can order from Amazon. My hood won't be ready for another week or so so I've got time to get it here.

LikeMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
I went with the MP Concepts hood for my 21 very happy with the way it came out nice paint match also
Can you or anyone provide me with these measurements for A, B, C, and D

Also how much are you guys paying for paint jobs?
20220614_170528.jpg

MCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium
Also how much are you guys paying for paint jobs?
The bodywork/repair on the hood was $1000.00 as the hood arrived damaged. This is CDN.

The paint and installation are probably $800.00 CDN, but I also have an FP GT500 Spoiler with a removable flap, which also adds to the price so it's like another $1000 CDN

As for the measurements. Sorry, I'm not physically in front of the hood yet :)

sabtaj1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 Mustang GT, 1965 Fairlane 500 wagon
It was just a basic 3M double sided tape but the thickness was thinner than the stuff supplied. Think mine was about a grand as well.

MCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium
Mine doesn't seem to actually be shaped or sloped or anything like that. But I'll head to Home Depot and see if I can find a sheet of it that I can cut.
Sponsored