Sponsored

Vibration Fixed!!

BBW P1X

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang GT
I had a dreaded vibration i couldn't get to stop.. it was 55+ mph and i assumed it was driveshaft related due to a large 200+ page well i change the driveshaft to a one piece and it continues.. its a rhythmic vibration, putting a cup of water it would only shake once per second and increase while speed increased. I had DSS axles which i assumed i installed wrong so i put stocks back on and it continued.. Tires weren't it, i put 3 different sets of tires and no luck/new wheels as well. My subframe was crooked.. i bought the Steeda Alignment Kit the covers the huge holes in the subframe.. This was weird because my vehicle ran smoooooth like butter but out of nowhere it happened so thats why i never thought about it. I hope this helps out someone out there
Sponsored

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
I just happened to get a cradle that was perfectly aligned from the factory so i never needed the cradle alignment kit. My stock drive shaft was balanced no vibes. When i upgraded to an Aluminum Dynotech ds it had a vibration which i solved by adding 1/4 inch spacers between the frame and my crossmember and flipped the ds 180 degrees.. smooth as butter now..

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Hey OP, is the 'alignment kit' the same thing as the 'stop the hop' kit that fills the sub-frame holes (among other things)? If yes, did you feel any extra ride stiffness, or any added NVH, even if small? If zero negative effect, would it be worth it to install just a preventive measure? And do you need to realign the car when doing that, or can be installed without having to check alignment? Thx. And glad you found the issue :).

OP
OP
BBW P1X

BBW P1X

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang GT
Hey OP, is the 'alignment kit' the same thing as the 'stop the hop' kit that fills the sub-frame holes (among other things)? If yes, did you feel any extra ride stiffness, or any added NVH, even if small? If zero negative effect, would it be worth it to install just a preventive measure? And do you need to realign the car when doing that, or can be installed without having to check alignment? Thx. And glad you found the issue :).
https://www.steeda.com/steeda-s550-mustang-irs-subframe-alignment-kit-2015-all-555-4438.html

thats the part i got, i woulf say it is preventative yet can possibly be a necessity.. I shop that helped me with these recommended them since my car was driving very bad with vibration. He said it ws very common since he works on a ton of mustangs daily.. i haven't even done an alignment as of yet, i do feel slightly planted to the ground but nothing crazy. Will do alignment once i install coilovers or shocks and struts since im doing full on drag setup

krishelnino

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Krishna
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium MT82 Race Red
The alignment kit is part of and included in Stop the Hop Starter kit (consists of IRS braces, bushings and subframe alignment kit). I have the starter kit and there isn't any NVH, just makes the rear end a bit tighter. You might probably need an alignment after installation

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Thanks. Decided to just do the braces (and the 2-point front G-brace), which don't require alignment... assuming they bolt in without having to loosen anything else, which I hope it's the case :D.
Sponsored