2020Tang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang ecoboost
Hey everyone,

the other week I swapped out vertical links to BMR poly links. I also picked up the BMR differential bushings and level 2 IRS lockouts but have not installed them yet.

So today while turning into the driveway my wife and I heard a loud pop sound come from the back. I thought I heard the same sound the other day too. I am wondering if it is the vertical links causing it? I lubed them up when I first installed them and torqued to 129 and 81ft lbs. Has anyone else had this issue with the poly bushing links? I have not checked them yet.

thank you
Sponsored

JustSomeGuy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JustSomeGuy
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
When you installed them did you do it with the rear suspension under tension? I’ve heard they need to be installed under a load so the bushings settle correctly. If not a significant change (like the bump of entering a driveway) could possibly result in a popping noise?

JOKER M1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium (SOLD)
Not saying this is the problem and I can’t remember if the vertical links fall into this but did you clock the bushings.

OP
OP

2020Tang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang ecoboost
When you installed them did you do it with the rear suspension under tension? I’ve heard they need to be installed under a load so the bushings settle correctly. If not a significant change (like the bump of entering a driveway) could possibly result in a popping noise?
I put tension on them to get the top bolt holes to line up so I could get the bolts through. Once the bolts were in I let tension from the Jack down and torqued them. I am going to be installing the rest of the BMR stuff next weekend so I wi check them. But I went ahead and repeated pulling into the driveway the exact same way and I couldn’t reproduce the same pop.

thank you.

JustSomeGuy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JustSomeGuy
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
I put tension on them to get the top bolt holes to line up so I could get the bolts through. Once the bolts were in I let tension from the Jack down and torqued them. I am going to be installing the rest of the BMR stuff next weekend so I wi check them. But I went ahead and repeated pulling into the driveway the exact same way and I couldn’t reproduce the same pop.

thank you.
Try putting the car on jack stands, loosen the bolts holding the vertical links, then put a jack under the suspension and jack it until the car just barely comes off the Jack stands, then torque the vertical link bolts. Basically clocking the bushing.

Sponsored

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
^^^^this right here and any other suspension parts you install
I did my UPR Pro-Series billet v-links as follow:

Jacked it up.
Took off the junk BMR V-links.
Installed the UPR links.
Torqued to specs.

No clocking or any other fancy steps. 2 years now, no noises.

BMR should be re-branded as clunkmasters.

JOKER M1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium (SOLD)
I did my UPR Pro-Series billet v-links as follow:

Jacked it up.
Took off the junk BMR V-links.
Installed the UPR links.
Torqued to specs.

No clocking or any other fancy steps. 2 years now, no noises.

BMR should be re-branded as clunkmasters.
ClunkMasters.com 🤣😜…….🤷🏻‍♂️ that’s great. As I mentioned in my first post/comment I wasn’t sure if vertical links need clocked.

OP
OP

2020Tang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang ecoboost
Thanks for the replies everyone. I will take a look at them next weekend. Will also be installing the other BMR components. I will update this thread once I do. Thank you

JustSomeGuy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JustSomeGuy
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Thanks for the replies everyone. I will take a look at them next weekend. Will also be installing the other BMR components. I will update this thread once I do. Thank you
What’s the update? Were you able to get it sorted